Originally posted by batdude123
It's been awhile since I've read the series, but I don't recall that at all.I do recall, however, Captain Atom overloading Apollo's cells with solar energy.
I believe Atom did a little transmutation trick to accomplish that. Apollo's been traveling to the chromosphere ever since World's End began.
Current Apollo will level off in strength, but he'll have an impressive healing factor (for him anyway).
Originally posted by Johnny Sorrow
I believe Atom did a little transmutation trick to accomplish that. Apollo's been traveling to the chromosphere ever since World's End began.Current Apollo will level off in strength, but he'll have an impressive healing factor (for him anyway).
Nah, all Atom did was "speed up the reaction" in Apollo and "give him a near fatal dose" of solar energy.
Regardless, that's not the only time it's happened to Apollo. IIRC, Winter pulled the same trick on him as well.
Originally posted by batdude123
It's been awhile since I've read the series, but I don't recall that at all.I do recall, however, Captain Atom overloading Apollo's cells with solar energy.
Right, that involved some trickery.
Originally posted by batdude123
He's walked on the sun before? Interesting. Do you happen to have scans of it or an issue number?
Apollo's been very near or inside the sun numerous times. No reason to think it would be fatal to him.
As others have been saying, Majestic's feats trump Apollo by a fair margin, so Majestic wins in any setting. The dueling showings vs. Cpt. Atom are really the only piece of evidence that favors Apollo, and a single brief fight is not enough to overwhelm the other evidence against him.
Originally posted by batdude123
Nah, all Atom did was "speed up the reaction" in Apollo and "give him a near fatal dose" of solar energy.Regardless, that's not the only time it's happened to Apollo. IIRC, Winter pulled the same trick on him as well.
Well, a little something. 😉
Nevertheless, it's not like close proximity to the Sun has ever hurt him before. All the times he's been overloaded were forced. I guess Majestic could do it unconventionally (building crazy machines or subatomic reprogramming), but his feats suggest that he can just wallop on Apollo to win.
Originally posted by Digi
Apollo's been very near or inside the sun numerous times. No reason to think it would be fatal to him.
Just curious, when has Apollo been inside the sun?
--------------------
For the record, I'm not trying to push this as a major issue or anything. My only problem is that I've only seen Apollo get "close" to the sun, and being "close" isn't the same as being on the surface or inside of the sun. We've seen on a few occasions that he can be overloaded, which makes me think that the surface of the sun may not be the best place for him to hold a brawl.
But hey, one scan where Apollo has been on or "inside" the sun will sell me.
Originally posted by batdude123
Nah, all Atom did was "speed up the reaction" in Apollo and "give him a near fatal dose" of solar energy.Regardless, that's not the only time it's happened to Apollo. IIRC, Winter pulled the same trick on him as well.
Originally posted by batdude123
Just curious, when has Apollo been inside the sun?--------------------
For the record, I'm not trying to push this as a major issue or anything. My only problem is that I've only seen Apollo get "close" to the sun, and being "close" isn't the same as being on the surface or inside of the sun. We've seen on a few occasions that he can be overloaded, which makes me think that the surface of the sun may not be the best place for him to hold a brawl.
But hey, one scan where Apollo has been on or "inside" the sun will sell me.
He used a Carrier door to teleport inside the sun during the Authority's battle with the evil Doctor. It was ostensibly to give himself as much of a boost as possible. The battle might actually be in the Doctor's section of the respect thread.
There's been other non-feats that aren't in the respect thread though. For example, he once ported to a solar system with twin suns and sunbathed for hours in between them before fighting the religious telepath who had taken over most of the world. That fight's in their, but the sunbathing part isn't.
Originally posted by Omega Vision
What Atom did probably wasn't something that would happen in the Earth's sun.
Completely speculative.
All Atom did was speed up the natural absorption rate of Apollo's cells. If he's on the surface of the sun, then he's going to be exposed to a vastly greater amount of solar energy than if he were simply "close" to the sun. I don't see what would stop him from being overloaded.
Unless of course, like I said before, somebody has a scan of him being on or inside the sun...
Originally posted by Digi
He used a Carrier door to teleport inside the sun during the Authority's battle with the evil Doctor. It was ostensibly to give himself as much of a boost as possible. The battle might actually be in the Doctor's section of the respect thread.There's been other non-feats that aren't in the respect thread though. For example, he once ported to a solar system with twin suns and sunbathed for hours in between them before fighting the religious telepath who had taken over most of the world. That fight's in their, but the sunbathing part isn't.
Thank you. 🙂
Statement retracted.