Originally posted by cdtm
I'm thinking Starro can lop Thor's head off without the gem.. He did punk Despero, which is better then anyone Thor punked.With the gem, I'm not so sure.. Thor was matching Thanos, after all.
The Power Gem makes someone unKOable, right? But can someones head still be separated from their body?
Usually I'd tell you that there's no chance in hell Starro is going to remove Thor's head but Thor's fighting skills took a bit of plummet during Blood and Thunder. Still, when he faced Pluto who was wielding an axe, he was matching him just fine.
Just because he removed Despero's head, doesn't mean he can do the same to Thor by the way. Despero has some shitty durability at times.
His done that before. Just not as long. That possibility was acknowledged in the same comic.
Maybe on average, but Thor knocked out a Drax who possessed it.
I said it before, and I'll say it again, a no holds barred Thor would be more effective than the Blood and Thunder incarnation.
Anyone who doesn't take him on power vs. power could fare pretty well.
Originally posted by Stoic
This seems to depend on if Thor's madness is too great to be controlled by Starro. In both scenarios.
You mean the giant starfish, Starro?
I was thinking more of the humanoid warrior he's been retconned into:
I don't believe he could control people without his starfish minions, which shouldn't be in this fight.
[i]
Just because he removed Despero's head, doesn't mean he can do the same to Thor by the way. Despero has some shitty durability at times.
[/B]
Yeah. but he was also holding his own against a gang pile that included Despero and Tribulus, who's basically a cheap knockoff of Validus and has the feats to back it up, such as easily manhandling and beating Supergirl.
9 galaxies of enslaved beings amping his power.
Too bad Starro had such glaring weaknesses.. Makes you wonder why no one before Dox managed to get the anti starfish poison, or at least figure out a way to cut off his telepathic link with his minions..
Originally posted by cdtm
Yeah. but he was also holding his own against a gang pile that included Despero and Tribulus, who's basically a cheap knockoff of Validus and has the feats to back it up, such as easily manhandling and beating Supergirl.
Impressive but that doesn't place him above Thor. You mention Despero, and some people immediately think of some JLA destroying monster. Virtue and Vice was an outlier from what I can tell.
Manhandling Supergirl is something I can see anyone around Wonder Woman level or above doing. Which issue of R.E.B.E.L.S. was this in again?
Still, I think it's fair to assume that Starro would have the edge on Thor physically. At least on an average Thor. He seemed closer to Trans than Elite Top tier.
Originally posted by cdtm
9 galaxies of enslaved beings amping his power.
99.9% of those galaxies could be made up of random human level aliens.
Originally posted by Rage.Of.OlympusDoesn't matter what level they are he is still horribly amped by them
Impressive but that doesn't place him above Thor. You mention Despero, and some people immediately think of some JLA destroying monster. Virtue and Vice was an outlier from what I can tell.Manhandling Supergirl is something I can see anyone around Wonder Woman level or above doing. Which issue of R.E.B.E.L.S. was this in again?
Still, I think it's fair to assume that Starro would have the edge on Thor physically. At least on an average Thor. He seemed closer to Trans than Elite Top tier.
99.9% of those galaxies could be made up of random human level aliens.
More numbers =/= More power
Originally posted by iceman24567
Doesn't matter what level they are he is still horribly amped by them
I'm not arguing that his connection to the Galaxies didn't give him a very significant boost in power.
I'm simply pointing out that using the inhabitants of 9 Galaxies as a power source isn't as impressive as it seems on the surface.
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
More numbers =/= More powerI'm not arguing that his connection to the Galaxies didn't give him a very significant boost in power.
I'm simply pointing out that using the inhabitants of 9 Galaxies as a power source isn't as impressive as it sounds when you first hear it.
Were Mangogs population super powered?
Amalgams do tend to be much, much greater then the sum of their parts.
Originally posted by Rage.Of.OlympusEven if only .1% of those planets is populated and they only have 1 billion people each thats still billions upon billions of people.
More numbers =/= More powerI'm not arguing that his connection to the Galaxies didn't give him a very significant boost in power.
I'm simply pointing out that using the inhabitants of 9 Galaxies as a power source isn't as impressive as it seems on the surface.