Thor (no Hammer) vs This X-men Team

Started by keiththegreat1 pages

Thor (no Hammer) vs This X-men Team

Question 1:

Storm
Cyclops
Colossus
Wolverine
Gambit
Beast
Iceman

vs

Thor with no hammer

No prep time.

Question 2:

Same scenario, but add current Rogue to the X-men team.

Thor wins. I'm assuming Thor can use his other powers besides strength etc. Wolverine is probably the biggest threat on the field.

In the second scenario, it becomes more of a problem. Current Rogue was able to drain half of Ares' power before having forced to stop. As a view Thor a fair bit more powerful, I think she could take a portion of his power. On a normal day, that would give the X-men a fighting chance. Realistically though, Thor still kicks their teeth in.

Yeah, he can use his other powers. I'd assume that since the Hulk has solo'ed an x-men team 10x the size of this one, I'd say Thor could probably win in both cases.

Wolverine soloes.

Thor should win. While Mjolner is a focus/relative-enhancer of his abilities, generally speaking he is capable of much/most of his "bag o' tricks"; however, without it, he is at a bit of a *psychological* disadvantage, and one that shouldn't be disregarded, out of hand. The team has some marginal chance of getting a win or two (*working* it the entire time), and certainly can get wins if Rogue is in the picture. But overall, Thor at minimum take the majority in either case, moreso the first, obviously, and arguably much less in the latter, due to Rogue.

thor wins the first one, but rogue would make it really tough in the second. team could def take #2.

I don't think Rogue is that much help. Not currently.

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
I don't think Rogue is that much help. Not currently.

how come?

Outside of fluctuating, she's been toned down. The last time I recall her draining someone of note was Ares, and she could only take half of his godly power before having to stop.

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Outside of fluctuating, she's been toned down. The last time I recall her draining someone of note was Ares, and she could only take half of his godly power before having to stop.

hmm, even if she got half his power, it could be bad for thor. i guess he could still use lightning to kill them, but usually the person is pretty stunned after her touch. if they timed it right, they could end it.

Wait.....what the hell is thor going to do to Iceman without his hammer?

Originally posted by Blair Wind
Wait.....what the hell is thor going to do to Iceman without his hammer?
Thor can still weather manip and do most of his feats without the hammer but it does make it easier for him and allow for flight,

Originally posted by Uriel005
Thor can still weather manip and do most of his feats without the hammer but it does make it easier for him and allow for flight,

My question still stands. I can understand peoples positions that Thor wins out over Bobby due to magic, but most of his more exotic feats are done because of the hammer. Without it, even being able to manipulate the weather (at a disadvantage at that) is not going to compensate for a water vapor inhibiting Iceman who he cant find, or a ice inhibiting Iceman who can't be physically injured.

Originally posted by leonidas
hmm, even if she got half his power, it could be bad for thor. i guess he could still use lightning to kill them, but usually the person is pretty stunned after her touch. if they timed it right, they could end it.

She'll get much less than half of Thor's power however as Thor is far more powerful than Ares.

I don't recall Ares' reaction but I'm pretty sure he was battle ready.

Originally posted by Blair Wind
My question still stands. I can understand peoples positions that Thor wins out over Bobby due to magic, but most of his more exotic feats are done because of the hammer. Without it, even being able to manipulate the weather (at a disadvantage at that) is not going to compensate for a water vapor inhibiting Iceman who he cant find, or a ice inhibiting Iceman who can't be physically injured.

So we're not using the Iceman we see 95% of the time? Iight.

Thor reverts Iceman into his human form like he did Jake Olsen when possessed some of Thor's power. Or when he reverted Hela's minion to his normal form when he possessed the power of Skurge.

If Iceman transforms into his mist form, Thor could force him to revert to his physical state with his lightning like he did an amped Dracula, or encase him in a force field if thta works.

Finding Bobby wont be that hard. Unbeknown to many, Thor has very powerful senses, including a sixth sense. His sensed Loki when his concealed himself, or when his existed purely as a consciousness/spirit.

Thor stomps!

I'm gonna go with the team due to Wolverine being the one to get the kill shot while Thor is distracted.

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
She'll get much less than half of Thor's power however as Thor is far more powerful than Ares.

Ares is special just like Loki. She's stolen Thors powers before.

Originally posted by keiththegreat
Yeah, he can use his other powers. I'd assume that since the Hulk has solo'ed an x-men team 10x the size of this one, I'd say Thor could probably win in both cases.

Hulk as a healing factor, Thor don't have it. I say the team wins both, due to Wolverine

No PIS/CIS Iceman is the decisive factor

team