Agreed magic is the kicker here. Luthor is essentially a non factor as any tech he uses would be promptly turned against him. Dr. Doom was a potential candidate for Supreme and probably has more mystical knowledge than most of the other sorcerer/mage characters put together in terms of branches of magic known.
Never seen that. Post Crisis Lex is portrayed as a mad genius here and there but his nowhere on the level of Doom intellectually from what I've seen. I think his most impressive invention was the one-time-use makeshift teleportation device he made during Salvation Run, and I as I recall, other evil geniuses had a hand in that.
Edit: Didn't Luthor make a device that killed Swamp Thing? That would be his best feat but I think there were circumstances.
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Never seen that. Post Crisis Lex is portrayed as a mad genius here and there but his nowhere on the level of Doom intellectually from what I've seen. I think his most impressive invention was the one-time-use makeshift teleportation device he made during Salvation Run, and I as I recall, other evil geniuses had a hand in that.Edit: Didn't Luthor make a device that killed Swamp Thing? That would be his best feat but I think there were circumstances.
The Swamp Thing happened Pre-Crisis, IIRC. And it didn't take him long at all.
This isn't a Luthor vs Doom thread. They are on the same side.
Originally posted by Prep-Man
The Swamp Thing happened Pre-Crisis, IIRC. And it didn't take him long at all.This isn't a Luthor vs Doom thread. They are on the same side.
Did it? I thought it was Post. IIRC, it took him only like 10 minutes.
I know. I'm just saying that Lex isn't on the level of the intellects in this thread.
^ Oh that? Yeah, totally forgot about it until you posted those scans. It happened in ST #53 (1986.)
The gun Lex devised momentarily froze ST long enough for his body to be destroyed (via a napalm strike.) That 'death' is also when it was revealed that unlike other earth elementals, ST's consciousness can actually travel to distant planets and reform a new body there:
http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/9932/streform1.jpg
http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/3813/streform2.jpg
It also occurred WAY before ST had 'fine tuned' his powers -- back when friggin' napalm could destroy his vessel (something that would be ineffectual nowadays.) Lol.
Still impressive on Lex's part, but it's kind of a pity that people have to dig back over 20 years to find a decent feat for Lex. 🙁