"God" Cable vs Genis Vell

Started by Nihilist1 pages

"God" Cable vs Genis Vell

Who wins?

Vell in the coolest fight in a while

Someone takes this 5-7/10 one way or the other. At their peak levels I'd go with Genis however at standard showings for God Cable and Genis I'd favor Cable as he's a bit more powerful IMO at standard levels.

Originally posted by Uriel005
Someone takes this 5-7/10 one way or the other. At their peak levels I'd go with Genis however at standard showings for God Cable and Genis I'd favor Cable as he's a bit more powerful IMO at standard levels.
If by standards levels you mean Genis as he was portrayed 10+ years ago, maybe.

Otherwise, Genis > Cable.

Originally posted by Mindset
If by standards levels you mean Genis as he was portrayed 10+ years ago, maybe.

Otherwise, Genis > Cable.

sounds about right I'd consider that more "standard" for him than recent years.

How is his standard levels at levels that were over a decade ago?

Originally posted by Mindset
How is his standard levels at levels that were over a decade ago?
Just a personal opinion that writers went a little crazy with him like they're doing to the hulk IMO not as bad by anymeans but I just think it's a bit much.

Making him high herald or trans is going crazy?

Are you aware of his powerset?

What I'm trying to say is, I'm gonna punch your face off.

God Cable lost to SS... so he definitely can't face Genis.

^ to be fair, cable (and surfer) were simultaneously rebuilding the city at the molecular level as they were destroying it... so he WAS expending quite a bit of power there. however, surfer was expending the same amount of power yet was still able to own cable with a single eye-blast once he got pissed.

...and i view genis (photon) as NO less than surfer's equal... arguably a bit higher.

Well, Cable's power usage eventually burns because of his body limitations, SS doesn't have this same problem. Cable was also about to burn out from constant use before his fight with SS, the fight just sped up the process.

^ 👆

It's almost a split.

And by that, I mean that Genis-Vell completly and utterly crush Cable, just as bad as Silver Surfer did.

Originally posted by Galan007
^ to be fair, cable (and surfer) were simultaneously rebuilding the city at the molecular level as they were destroying it... so he WAS expending quite a bit of power there. however, surfer was expending the same amount of power yet was still able to own cable with a single eye-blast once he got pissed.

I think the lecture Surfer gives Cable when he turns off his X gene sort of implies that Cable was nowhere near his level

Didn't SS talk down to HE recently?

not really. but this:
http://img40.imageshack.us/i/silversurfer01of5201102.jpg/

makes it sound like HE didn't want to face surfer one on one.

Is that the same comic where HE took away his powers?

yep.

Originally posted by inimalist
I think the lecture Surfer gives Cable when he turns off his X gene sort of implies that Cable was nowhere near his level
Surfer didn’t turn off his X-Gene, the lobotomy took care of that. And his speech had no reference to its power level, only poked at the morality of his actions.

As far as the topic goes. Genis-Vell crushes Cable.