Good question. Korvac's best feats are one-shotting the Collector and being stronger than his wife even when weakened -the time manipulation feats Carina's got in the last Avengers Academy arc were cool-. The rest are just implications about his power.
I'd like to point out though, that now that Korvac's continuity was finally set straight we learned that he has the power of absorbing cosmic entities as it was shown in his What If. It has nothing to do with this, but it's cool.
All in all, hard to mesure, I think Uatu still has the best feats.
Originally posted by Bentley
Good question. Korvac's best feats are one-shotting the Collector and being stronger than his wife even when weakened -the time manipulation feats Carina's got in the last Avengers Academy arc were cool-. The rest are just implications about his power.I'd like to point out though, that now that Korvac's continuity was finally set straight we learned that he has the power of absorbing cosmic entities as it was shown in his What If. It has nothing to do with this, but it's cool.
All in all, hard to mesure, I think Uatu still has the best feats.
Korvac hid himself from the powers of the Universe including the Watcher though.
Originally posted by Daemon Seed
Korvac hid himself from the powers of the Universe including the Watcher though.
Which is one of his good feats too, but "out-watching" Uatu has been done by other "lesser" entities, such as the Time-twisters.
It may be possible that Korvac is the most powerful being, but until Uatu faces Carina or the Collector -and has a hard time- we cannot just assume Micheal would win. It's very hard to gauge Korvac-Saga Michael.
Originally posted by Bentley
Which is one of his good feats too, but "out-watching" Uatu has been done by other "lesser" entities, such as the Time-twisters.It may be possible that Korvac is the most powerful being, but until Uatu faces Carina or the Collector -and has a hard time- we cannot just assume Micheal would win. It's very hard to gauge Korvac-Saga Michael.
I'm not going to disagree with any of that, he felt he would defeat the higher powers even when he had been revealed to them. I think given Uatu's lack of battle feats and the original origin story, it's difficult to assume he would win either. One watcher is not necessarily the same power as another methinks. In the way all guardians are not Krona and all Timelords are not Omega.
Originally posted by Bentley
Well, Uatu totally trashed Aaron, who actually had nice feats if I recall correctly, so he's still quite uber.
Oh, doubtless; that said, so's Korvac; after all, he has all the knowledge that Galactus has stored....... Think what Xandarian worldmind knowledge once did to the Sphinx... Then we need to multiply it to the Nth power.
Originally posted by Daemon SeedHe only had a tiny fraction of Galactus knowledge.
Oh, doubtless; that said, so's Korvac; after all, he has all the knowledge that Galactus has stored....... Think what Xandarian worldmind knowledge once did to the Sphinx... Then we need to multiply it to the Nth power.
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
He only had a tiny fraction of Galactus knowledge.
Do you have a scan for that, I thought (although it's been years since I read it) he downloaded the database of the TauII and became a god, whose to say what he downloaded.. The framework for omnipotence, it certainly seemed so.
Originally posted by Daemon SeedOriginal:
Do you have a scan for that, I thought (although it's been years since I read it) he downloaded the database of the TauII and became a god, whose to say what he downloaded.. The framework for omnipotence, it certainly seemed so.
Expanded upon (Korvac himself talking about it):
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Raw%20power/Tech/CA_v3_016_08a.jpg
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
Original:
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Raw%20power/Tech/FantasticFourAnnual24-04.jpgExpanded upon:
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Raw%20power/Tech/CA_v3_016_08a.jpg
Ahh the original says infinite knowledge... Whereas the Watcher says this was not the case. Do we take it as a retcon or hyperbole ala Sentry stalemated Galactus? I haven't read the second story; what's it from? I will purchase and read it.
Originally posted by Daemon SeedOr we could take it as he assumed it was infinite since it was so much knowledge for him.
Ahh the original says infinite knowledge... Whereas the Watcher says this was not the case. Do we take it as a retcon or hyperbole ala Sentry stalemated Galactus? I haven't read the second story; what's it from? I will purchase and read it.
The Watcher was actually Korvac there.
It was from Captain America 1998 #14-19. Good arc.
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
Or we could take it as he assumed it was infinite since it was so much knowledge for him.The Watcher was actually Korvac there.
It was from Captain America 1998 #14-19. Good arc.
Interesting, do we know if the Watcher was the original Korvac. I'll buy the issues and read it, won't be able to find them till next week end in London though.