Idk about how they are in the comics, but they came off as equals in the animated cartoons - something quite peculiar in the 80s and even throughout the 90s where most female leads were just vagina'd deviations of the male lead default who either served as annoying straight-man foils or plot devices.
Originally posted by quanchi112\\
In toons He-Man beats up his sis.
Did they actually fight, or is that how you figure it would go? I know Skeletor and Hordac fought a few times, with Skeletor getting the upper hand, but I'm unaware of the two siblings throwing down.
She Ra does have some really nice feats, at least in the toon. I think she even moved the moon from it's axis once.. Plus, she has the versatility edge with her sword.
Originally posted by Q99
Hordak was the more threatening foe than Skeletor.
Hordak is pretty threatening, but Skeletor IS NOT NICE.
Originally posted by cdtm
\\Did they actually fight, or is that how you figure it would go? I know Skeletor and Hordac fought a few times, with Skeletor getting the upper hand, but I'm unaware of the two siblings throwing down.
She Ra does have some really nice feats, at least in the toon. I think she even moved the moon from it's axis once.. Plus, she has the versatility edge with her sword.
as far as cartoons go i remember skeletor being afraid of hordak and basically couldnt do anything to him.
Originally posted by zeel
as far as cartoons go i remember skeletor being afraid of hordak and basically couldnt do anything to him.
Horde Prime Takes a Vacation had Hordak taking Horde Prime's flagship for a joy ride and using it to conquer Whispering Woods. Skeletor stows aboard the ship, and he and Hordak have an awesome shootout, hiding behind obstacles and everything. They look about even, until Hordak gets distracted by something outside the ship, asks what the sound is, and Skeletor tells him "That's the sound of your defeat, Hordak!", then blasts him unconscious. (One of Skeletors finest moments from either 80's cartoon, imo.)
There's one other time they fought, and Skeletor won that one too.
Also, if the 200x He Man toon wasn't cancelled, plans were for Hordak to take over Eternia and become the main villain in season 3, and be taken down by Skeletor (I'm guessing not fairly, given how powerful Hordak was in that show, but who knows...)