Iron Man vs. Thor (Masterson)

Started by JakeTheBank1 pages

Iron Man vs. Thor (Masterson)

BE Iron Man

vs.

Thor (Eric Masterson)

Who takes it?

Thor more often than not.

Isn't Masterson High Herald?

hmm, it's close i think. masterson has the power edge still, but tony's not THAT far behind given masterson's, er, non-mastery of thor's full powers, AND tony is about 1000 000x smarter. maybe thor 6/10.

Originally posted by carver9
Isn't Masterson High Herald?

He's Upper-Mid Herald, imho.

Masterson isn't as good as Thor, but he's good enough for Iron Man..

And at least he's not a daddy's boy like Thor. Guy couldn't even let his father stay dead like he wanted. 😛

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
He's Upper-Mid Herald, imho.

I would consider him low end high Herald. He did better than anyone against Thanos with the IG.

Originally posted by carver9
I would consider him low end high Herald. He did better than anyone against Thanos with the IG.

Upper Mid Herald, Low End High Herald, it's all the same to me. He's definitely not Thor Odinson, which is the point.

Personally, I think Tony's cagey enough to get a majority on him unless Masterson just brings the pain from the get go.

In terms of raw power, he's a match for any Elite Top Tier/High Herald besides Thor imho. That was hammered home during the Infinity Gauntlet when it was made clear he was more powerful than any other hero assembled or when he got mad and beat the shit out of Gladiator, Ulik etc.

His just very inexperienced and doesn't have a warrior like mindset. If Iron Man really ticked him off I think he'd tear him to pieces because Eric simply has too much power but usually it'd be a pretty good and close fight. Hell, Iron Man might even win the first round if he caught him on a bad day. The thing about Eric is that he can go from being completely incompetent to stomping his enemies.

Iron Man.

I think its a good fight but I would give it to Thor.

Tony should be able to blitz him and knock the f out. Should. I have yet to see if BE's speed is comparable to that of original Extremis.

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Tony should be able to blitz him and knock the f out. Should. I have yet to see if BE's speed is comparable to that of original Extremis.

I'd imagine that it would be as Tony has said Bleeding Edge is more or less Extremis+, but Iron Man's armor doesn't always stack all the good crap from previous models with the subsequent ones.

He does have 360 vision, though, and his sensory input seems to be high end ala Extremis still.

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Tony should be able to blitz him and knock the f out. Should. I have yet to see if BE's speed is comparable to that of original Extremis.

Tony's modern armor has reflex enhancements, right?

Meaning he can do more than travel in straight lines?

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
I'd imagine that it would be as Tony has said Bleeding Edge is more or less Extremis+, but Iron Man's armor doesn't always stack all the good crap from previous models with the subsequent ones.

Exactly.

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
He does have 360 vision, though, and his sensory input seems to be high end ala Extremis still.

He even replaced his eyes with some cybernetic shit.

Originally posted by cdtm
Tony's modern armor has reflex enhancements, right?

Meaning he can do more than travel in straight lines?

Stark's never been a slowpoke. He even surprised Count Nefaria how quickly he could throw a punch in one of his classic armors.

Extremis had crazy reflexes and BE is a next step according to Stark.

Thor

can someone remind me how eric thor died?

^ In a blaze of glory.

This is Masterson's fight to lose and he won't lose many.

Masterson Thor 7/10.

Tony.

Originally posted by OneDumbG0
^ In a blaze of glory.

This is Masterson's fight to lose and he won't lose many.

Masterson Thor 7/10.

Power wise, I agree.

It's the speed thing I'm not sure about. Not saying Stark outright blitzes him, but if the armor can operate on a general higher speed level than Masterson, it gives Stark fair odds.. His armors offense can't compare with the hammer, but it does have stuff that can hurt or beat Thor.