Thanos vs Ultimate Galactus....

Started by TheLordofMurder2 pagesPoll

Who wins?

Thanos vs Ultimate Galactus....

Thanos goes one on one with Gah Lak Tus; all 100,000 miles of it...

Fight to the Death or KO...no BFR...who wins?

Gah Lak Tus. I remember someone once arguing for it over 616 Big G. The argument wasn't airtight, but there were some cogent points in it.

Originally posted by Digi
Gah Lak Tus. I remember someone once arguing for it over 616 Big G. The argument wasn't airtight, but there were some cogent points in it.

I can see Gah Lak Tus as being a devastating opponent in combat...

It can literally attack you from every single direction at once and it would be incredibly difficult to destroy as its great mass consists of individual units spread out over 100,000 miles...

In the Ultimate Galactus trilogy, it demostrated the power to defeat "1 billion superhumans with the power to snuff out suns" in mere minutes...

I have argued in the past that the characters in the Ultimate Universe were weaker than their 616 counterparts, but maybe I am mistaken; perhaps that doesnt apply to all of them...

For those voting for Thanos, defend your vote...how does Thanos win?

Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
I can see Gah Lak Tus as being a devastating opponent in combat...

It can literally attack you from every single direction at once and it would be incredibly difficult to destroy as its great mass consists of individual units spread out over 100,000 miles...

In the Ultimate Galactus trilogy, it demostrated the power to defeat "1 billion superhumans with the power to snuff out suns" in mere minutes...

I have argued in the past that the characters in the Ultimate Universe were weaker than their 616 counterparts, but maybe I am mistaken; perhaps that doesnt apply to all of them...

Undoubtedly the universe is a bit underpowered, on average, compared to 616. Doesn't mean individual characters can't be near their 616 counterparts.

Lack of feats is critical. We have a hard time comparing, and have to extrapolate a lot for Ultimate Galactus. But I think the amount of force brought to bear against Gah Lak Tus, which only freaked it out, didn't destroy it, say a lot. I think Thanos would be overwhelmed by sheer size and numbers, and I don't think he's capable of producing blasts on par with that dimension canon Reed built.

Thanos taking votes in this poll makes baby Jesus cry.

Still waiting on the Thanos voters to defend their vote...

Any Galactus beats any non-amped Thanos. There, I said it 😛

Originally posted by Bentley
Any Galactus beats any non-amped Thanos. There, I said it 😛

👆

😛

I think its awesome that Thanos has 4 votes, yet no one voting for Thanos can come forth and offer a compelling reason why he wins...

Oh well; 7-4...the people have spoken!

💃

Probably they misclicked.

What has Gah-Lak-Tus Done?

Originally posted by Black bolt z
What has Gah-Lak-Tus Done?

It defeated "1 billion superhumans with the power to snuff out suns" in a few minutes...

The Big Bang from a baby universe only destroyed 20% of its mass (Richards created that universes version of the Ultimate Nullifier at fired it at Gah Lak Tus)...

It withstood (although it was stunned) a psychic attack from every single human on Earth combined (which was spear headed by Xavier and Jean; amped by SHIELD technology)....

Not bad...eh?

Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Still waiting on the Thanos voters to defend their vote...

I think they're still waiting on you to realize it's just a subtle form of trolling since you've brought it up a few times.

I'm going to say Thanos because Thanos is an unkillable character that can kill characters that are unkillable. His unkillabilousity definitely gives him the edge in this match up.
Seriously though, I haven't read any of the ultimate titles that feature Gah Lak Tus. Anyone feel like posting some scans?

Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
It defeated "1 billion superhumans with the power to snuff out suns" in a few minutes...

The Big Bang from a baby universe only destroyed 20% of its mass (Richards created that universes version of the Ultimate Nullifier at fired it at Gah Lak Tus)...

It withstood (although it was stunned) a psychic attack from every single human on Earth combined (which was spear headed by Xavier and Jean; amped by SHIELD technology)....

Not bad...eh?

The first one is impressive.

The third one is not.

The second isn't even slightly quantifiable.

I'm number 6 for Thanos, come at me!

Originally posted by Black bolt z
The first one is impressive.

The third one is not.

The second isn't even slightly quantifiable.

Why do you feel the 2nd isnt quantifiable?

That is literally what happened; Richards accessed a baby universe (one that hadnt yet experienced its Big Bang), prematurely triggered its detonation, and fired the resulting Big Bang at Gah Lak Tus...

This was a blast capable of creating or destroying a universe...and it only destroyed 20% of Gah Lak Tus's mass...I think that durability feat is extremely impressive.

Originally posted by Parmaniac
I'm number 6 for Thanos, come at me!

Simply explain how Thanos wins; I am not attempting to troll as Digi suggests, but I am just looking for a logical explanation as to how Thanos beats Gah Lak Tus....

Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Simply explain how Thanos wins; I am not attempting to troll as Digi suggests, but I am just looking for a logical explanation as to how Thanos beats Gah Lak Tus....
I gave my vote for Thanos, do you think I would vote for loosers?

But honestly I've never read Ultimate Extinction (that was the event where this Galactus was in right?) so I can't really comment.