Magneto vs. BE Iron Man

Started by StiltmanFTW2 pages

Magneto vs. BE Iron Man

Current Magneto vs. Bleeding Edge Iron Man. Fight on Utopia. Gonna happen soon.

Magneto

Magneto. Putting him against Ironman is silly to me. I would have liked to see him against someone more powerful.... Like Thor. But since that's obviously not going to happen. /sigh

Magneto will go in with the obvious power advantage, but Tony's not a dumbass and I wouldn't be surprised if he managed to hold his own.

I also see Srank has seen the light.

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Magneto will go in with the obvious power advantage, but Tony's not a dumbass and I wouldn't be surprised if he managed to hold his own.
does tony have some immunity against magneto's powers?

Originally posted by Starscream M
does tony have some immunity against magneto's powers?

He's developed anti-magnetic armor before and just recently unveiled plastic or rubber armor in Magneto's mini "Not a Hero". Granted, Magneto's command of electromagnetism is so great that provided Tony did have a complete flat out immunity to such an offense (which is unlikely), Magneto can still drop a satellite on him or just attack him with hundreds of tons of worth of steel or half a dozen other things outside of the obvious manipulation of his suit.

I believe Tony's smart enough to be able to muster up some kind of offense/defense provided he knows who's up against in the form of Magneto, though.

Originally posted by Starscream M
does tony have some immunity against magneto's powers?

Of course he does. He can't be affected directly.

Originally posted by Starscream M
does tony have some immunity against magneto's powers?

He had a rubber armor in Magneto: NAH, but that really should make any difference. If the armor had has any sort of electromechanical components Magneto should have complete control over it and the ability to shut down or hijack the electric current. Even if for some reason he can't do that he should be able to stop Stark's heart / brain with a simple EMP.

Originally posted by Starscream M
does tony have some immunity against magneto's powers?

Yes, Reed back in the day helped Tony come up with an anti magetism devise for his armor... So if in A vs X they go around that (which from the cover looks like they are) I'm going to be pissed.

If they stay pat to the norm Iron Man for the win.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=11943

Spoiler:
I've also seen a sketch from that issue in which Erik creates an armor of his own and goes h2h with Tony.

Pretty much exactly how I saw it unfolding.

If people thought Iron Man was going to fight Magneto without taking some kind of precautions beforehand, they're insane. Still, the gap in raw power is pretty large.

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Pretty much exactly how I saw it unfolding.

If people thought Iron Man was going to fight Magneto without taking some kind of precautions beforehand, they're insane. Still, the gap in raw power is pretty large.

Logically from a purely scientific stand point there are is nothing on paper that Iron Man could to do to stop or slow Magneto down. Any sort of device that could inhibit Magneto's control over Electromagnetism would require Electromagnetism to function... which Magneto has control over. Magneto has dominion over the governing force that allows all of Iron Man's inventions to opperate... from an engineering stand point Tony should be shit out of luck.

But it's a comic and we need to suspend our disbelief.

Tony's suits should have something electronic within them to function, one way or another (logically speaking).

No way in hell does he win against an electromagnetic manipulator of Magneto's caliber.

Pfft...

Magneto for the majority

Tony can definitely win.

Magneto 10/10
He beat damn Proteus.

IRONMAN WINS!!!!!!!! I always knew he could do it.

YouTube video

Originally posted by the ninjak
IRONMAN WINS!!!!!!!! I always knew he could do it.

YouTube video


Since Erik decided to stop fighting.

^ Always that ambiguous caveat. I agree with this more than I disagree though.