I haven't read Saint of Killers, but IIRC he killed God (who, as I understand it, was not on his throne and somehow therefore wasn't omnipotent or something).
Would he be able to one-shot each member of team 2?
Regardless of SoK, I think Voltron and GE are non-issues on Team 2. I'm guessing (loosely based on minimal appearances) that Fenris is probably more powerful than Nekron. Peak AM is unquestionably more powerful than Nekron in my mind, but I guess I'm undecided as to exactly how that plays out given what Nekron is.
Anyways, Team 1 wins I'd say
Sorry in advance for the long-winded response. I just enjoy talking about the obscure badassness of the good ol' Saint. 😮
Originally posted by CogitoSoK not only killed God, but the entire Heavenly Host as well:
I haven't read Saint of Killers, but IIRC he killed God (who, as I understand it, was not on his throne and somehow therefore wasn't omnipotent or something).Would he be able to one-shot each member of team 2?
Regardless of SoK, I think Voltron and GE are non-issues on Team 2. I'm guessing (loosely based on minimal appearances) that Fenris is probably more powerful than Nekron. Peak AM is unquestionably more powerful than Nekron in my mind, but I guess I'm undecided as to exactly how that plays out given what Nekron is.
Anyways, Team 1 wins I'd say
"The Angel of Death gave up his sword. It was melted down in the last fire that burned in Hell, and from its steel the Devil forged a pair of Walker Colt Revolvers."
"These guns would not misfire, nor would their hammers fall on empty chambers. No shot they fired would miss its mark. No wound they gave would be anything but fatal.":
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/12342119/s7.jpg.html
...Personally, I'd chalk up the guns' failure to perma-kill a phuckin' Vampire as laughable PIS-ridden inconsistency. /shrug
---
Anyway, I'm going with team 1.
Fenris is the literal embodiment of ruin and destruction on a conceptual level.
SoK can kill any member(s) on team 2 with a single shot, imho.
Peak AM was a casual universe-buster, absorbed the power of an infinite amount of universes, and was more powerful than Corrigan-Spectre(amped).
Team Two. Nekron is a Death/Oblivion mix Abstract and it's only kryptonite isn't reproducible by anyone on Team One.
The Galactus Engine held off and drove away 8-10 high level cosmic types and is unkillable by anything save Death itself.
Voltron Celestial is unneeded here but he makes for a good cheerleader.
PS LOL @ the SoK's bullshit, Vertigo and it's "God" are such a fxxking joke. 😆
Originally posted by Endless MikeDestruction of the Endless stepped away from his duties/position a LONG time ago--he thought it best to let mortals govern their own destruction. However, I have long been of the opinion that Fenris essentially usurped that role when he came to power. Some of the statements made during Lucifer's series certainly paint that picture, imo...
What about Destruction of the Endless?
"Fenris is the very EMBODIMENT of ruin and destruction.":
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/12343110/f1.jpg.html
---
"I'm immortal, you dolt. I'm the God of destruction... And EVERYTHING the ravels, rapes or rends is a garment for me to wear.":
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/12343111/f2.jpg.html
srug
Originally posted by Endless MikeDestruction stepped away from those duties--he let mankind take over their own destruction. Apparently, if the Endless don't want the job, they don't have to keep it..? Dunno.
But Destruction isn't just a guy who took that job, he literally is destruction, I don't see how someone could take over the job without killing him and becoming the new Destruction of the Endless
Regardless, Fenris was the literal concept of destruction at the time--extremely akin to Destruction of the Endless. /shrug
I'd have to look. Pretty sure it was early on in the Sandman series.
It makes sense though. I mean, the responsibilities of the Endless can obviously be transferred to other beings (that's how/why Daniel became the new Dream after Morpheus died)--so Destruction may have simply transferred his 'duties' onto the mortal plane, so that they [mortals] could figure out their own destruction/end. No way to be 100% certain of the latter, but it makes sense.
Originally posted by Galan007I'd have to look. Pretty sure it was early on in the Sandman series.
It makes sense though.
so Destruction may have simply transferred his 'duties' onto the mortal plane,
so that they [mortals] could figure out their own destruction/end.No way to be 100% certain of the latter, but it makes sense.
Just wanna understand cause you're saying you're "pretty sure early on in the series,"
but you're also sayin "D may have simply ... " ... which sounds like a guess.
I just wanna know if the Endless can do that without dying in some way.
I'm in the process of reading the Sandman series, it's pretty incredible.
As of yet though, I haven't come across that issue.
Originally posted by Mr Master
That's a lot of detail in what Destruction did,
are you speculating or are you explaining what happened?Just wanna understand cause you're saying you're "pretty sure early on in the series,"
but you're also sayin "D may have simply ... " ... which sounds like a guess.I just wanna know if the Endless can do that without dying in some way.
I'm in the process of reading the Sandman series, it's pretty incredible.
As of yet though, I haven't come across that issue.
It's shown during Brief Lives (the arc of the 6th or 7th trade of Sandman) that Destructive literally just left his position- he still has his power and everything, but the concept of destruction is no longer personified in the way that it was when he was active in his duties, and is purely "shapeless" as it were...
So yeah, the Endless are able to do it without dying.
Originally posted by AlmightyKfishIt's shown during Brief Lives (the arc of the 6th or 7th trade of
Sandman) that Destructive literally just left his position- he still has his
power and everything, but the concept of destruction is no longer
personified in the way that it was when he was active in his duties,
and is purely "shapeless" as it were...So yeah, the Endless are able to do it without dying.
I'll skim through those arcs you mentioned and see if I can find it.
I'm focusing on this a bit cause it would be very cool if they can actually do that.
Originally posted by Mr MasterLike I said, I wasn't 100% sure. That was just my opinion based on what I remembered of the issue. However, your questions made me go back and reread said issue. This is the meat and potatoes of what I found...
That's a lot of detail in what Destruction did,
are you speculating or are you explaining what happened?Just wanna understand cause you're saying you're "pretty sure early on in the series,"
but you're also sayin "D may have simply ... " ... which sounds like a guess.I just wanna know if the Endless can do that without dying in some way.
I'm in the process of reading the Sandman series, it's pretty incredible.
As of yet though, I haven't come across that issue.
Destruction as a concept obviously still existed despite him abandoning his realm--he simply stopped directing any affairs over which he has control. As he says: destruction did not stop, it's just no longer his fault. He still embodies the concept, though. This is a great issue/story arc that describes the Endless in detail. I'd forgotten how awesome it is. 👆
Anyway, that makes it hard to place Fenris. Perhaps he is an aspect of Destruction's totality..? Not really sure.
[edit]
Those scans are from Sandman #48, btw. I suggest reading the whole 'Brief Lives' arc, though.
Originally posted by Galan007Destruction as a concept obviously still existed despite him
abandoning his realm--he simply stopped directing any affairs over
which he has control. As he says: destruction did not stop, it's just no
longer his fault. He still embodies the concept, though. This is a great
issue/story arc that describes the Endless in detail. I'd forgotten how
awesome it is.Anyway, that makes it hard to place Fenris. Perhaps he is an aspect of Destruction's totality..? Not really sure.
[edit]
Those scans are from Sandman #48, btw.
I suggest reading the whole 'Brief Lives' arc, though.
So, he's like a rogue concept now, I would love to know if there are
stories revolving around him and his down to earth adventures,
I'm sure that would be very interesting considering how their making him think/reason.
Love The Endless. They're so cool!
Sok is a really cool character but i just cant take his story seriously. I mean the dude literally froze hell with hatred and killed God? Sheesh! If i do take his arc seriously, team 1 SHOULD win. Fenris, according to recent discussions may bery well be an embodiment of destruction and nekron one of the embodiment of death...i guess theoretically they are on the same level and should cancel each other. So its a ridiculously powerful cosmic weapon vs a ridiculously powerful cosmic character in anti-monitor? Leaving SOK to possibly chin check Voltron celestial. I think im gonna take the coward route out and say draw. (run out of the thread as tomatoes comes flying)
Originally posted by Galan007
Like I said, I wasn't 100% sure. That was just my opinion based on what I remembered of the issue. However, your questions made me go back and reread said issue. This is the meat and potatoes of what I found...
Destruction as a concept obviously still existed despite him abandoning his realm--he simply stopped directing any affairs over which he has control. As he says: destruction did not stop, it's just no longer his fault. He still embodies the concept, though. This is a great issue/story arc that describes the Endless in detail. I'd forgotten how awesome it is. 👆
Anyway, that makes it hard to place Fenris. Perhaps he is an aspect of Destruction's totality..? Not really sure.
[edit]
Those scans are from Sandman #48, btw. I suggest reading the whole 'Brief Lives' arc, though.
Probably another embodiment of Destruction? Destiny met the Weird Sisters during Season of Mists, they too represent fate/destiny.
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
It's shown during Brief Lives (the arc of the 6th or 7th trade of Sandman) that Destructive literally just left his position- he still has his power and everything, but the concept of destruction is no longer personified in the way that it was when he was active in his duties, and is purely "shapeless" as it were...So yeah, the Endless are able to do it without dying.
Fenris says hes the "god' of destruction, so my guess is thats what he is, a god . Destruction is not a god at all and is one of the Endless, so he should be above Fenris. I remember him creating things like art (though hes not to good at it), maybe now he is just being the opposite of what he used to be and creating things now, since he was the one who told Dream, the Endless have two sides like a coin and his other side creates. What do you think?
Originally posted by Mr MasterYeah, he went rogue like 300 years prior--after spending 10 billion+ years fulfilling his role.
👆 Thank you very much, awesome indeed.So, he's like a rogue concept now, I would love to know if there are
stories revolving around him and his down to earth adventures,
I'm sure that would be very interesting considering how their making him think/reason.
Sadly their aren't many stories that are centered around his adventures. Aside from the "Brief Lives" arc (Sandman #41-49), "Endless Nights" is another comic that has separate stories pertaining to each member of the Endless (Destruction included.) Destiny's 'story', however, is my personal favorite in that book.