Originally posted by JakeTheBank
The closest thing Billy had to a girlfriend was Stargirl. But he had to end things because while she knew that Captain Marvel was actually a teenage boy her age, to the rest of the JSAers, it looked weird that an adult male constantly hung out with Stargirl.
Yeah, that was all kinds of weird.
...Though you know she would have wanted him to transform at least once.
Originally posted by -Pr-
Yeah, that was all kinds of weird....Though you know she would have wanted him to transform at least once.
It was weird, but I thought it made sense that that aspect be brought up at least once in comics; I mean if a teenage kid could transform into a 30 something year old man and had a girlfriend who was his real age, it would be strange.
Stamina of Atlas and Speed of Mercury ftw. 😎
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
It was weird, but I thought it made sense that that aspect be brought up at least once in comics; I mean if a teenage kid could transform into a 30 something year old man and had a girlfriend who was his real age, it would be strange.Stamina of Atlas and Speed of Mercury ftw. 😎
lol.
Yeah, tis the stuff of many a racy rp.
Though it kind of sucks that it basically ruins any chance for Billy Batson to have a romance. I mean, do you give him a sixteen year-old, or someone in her twenties/thirties that could be Cap's age (relatively speaking), which would make her basically a paedophile, and have some weird, rom-com bullshit where he keeps his identity a secret from her.
Originally posted by -Pr-
lol.Yeah, tis the stuff of many a racy rp.
Though it kind of sucks that it basically ruins any chance for Billy Batson to have a romance. I mean, do you give him a sixteen year-old, or someone in her twenties/thirties that could be Cap's age (relatively speaking), which would make her basically a paedophile, and have some weird, rom-com bullshit where he keeps his identity a secret from her.
Exactly.
He's pretty much boned until he turns like 18 or something.
Originally posted by -Pr-
Maybe we'll get a time-skip like JLA? Or does it sort of ruin the purpose of the character in the first place?
I think Billy, for all intents and purposes, sort of has to be portrayed as being a teenager, but the original concept of a child's wish fufillment/adolescent male power fantasy can work with an older Billy, too. One just has to look at Prince Adam/He-Man and Donald Blake/Thor in order to see it at work.