bluewaterrider
Senior Member
Originally posted by society619
Phoenix vs. Superman
Storm vs Wonder Woman
Quicksilver vs Flash
Iceman vs Aquaman
Archangel vs Hawkman
Wolverine vs Batman
Cyclops vs The Ray
Gambit vs Green Arrow
Psylocke vs Black Canary
Cable vs Green Lantern
Rouge vs Supergirl
Bishop vs Martain Manhunter
X-23 vs Robin(Tim Drake)Who takes it?
Are we going with this year's DCnU version of these characters or the 2003 to roughly first half 2011 version of them?
Makes for significant differences in strategy, power, and fight experience.
At any rate:
Phoenix vs. Superman
See P.R.'s question. DCnU Superman has more determination and more resourcefulness in battle from what I can see than 2011 Superman, but slightly less overall power.
If it's a powerful version, I'd have to give this to Phoenix.
If it's an average version, though, either Superman could win, though it'd be rough going for the current incarnation.
Storm vs Wonder Woman
Got to give this to Wonder Woman.
She's simply too strong, unless everyone gets a full debriefing of the full extent of everyone's powers before this begins, for Storm to reasonably account and prepare for. 2003 to 2011 version, that is.
Fairly even fight if we go with current Wondy from what I can see, though. And, while on the subject, I will point out that it IS possible for a strong enough jolt of electricity to stop even 2011 Diana.
Quicksilver vs Flash
2011 Flash rolls. Current version, unsure. Innately feel 6 or 7 out of 10 in current Flash's favor, but only because I expect Justice League to show us how much he has learned and improved and increased his power. The Flash that fought Superman in the current incarnation of the DCU, just before Darkseid's appearance? Quicksilver would probably take THAT guy.
Iceman vs Aquaman
Got to go with Iceman. Fighting a guy whose water based and you can FREEZE water solid at will? Yeah, got to go with Iceman here
Archangel vs Hawkman
Don't know enough about Archangel. Don't know enough about Hawkman current or prior. Hope this isn't the kind of thread where Hawk brings the Claw of Horus, though ...
Wolverine vs Batman
How much prior knowledge do combatants have of each other?
Current Batman comes packed with a lot of stuff.
2011 Batman, while perhaps not SO loaded for bear, is legendary for making assessments and his fight adaptability.
Needs to have SOME idea of how insane Wolverine's durability and healing factor make him, though, else he loses badly.
Cyclops vs The Ray
I have no idea who or what the Ray is.
My instinct says Cyclops, but, seeing as how even P.R. voted against that, and Cyke his stated all-time favorite character, I'm not sure.
Gambit vs Green Arrow
Gambit. I like Green Arrow better, in fact, don't like Gambit at all, but Gambit has the ability to create some very large directed explosions that I DON'T see Green Arrow able to defend against on the fly.
Psylocke vs Black Canary
Even.
Cable vs Green Lantern
Green Lantern, if some 2011 version. Not sure about current.
Rouge vs Supergirl
Assuming "Rogue"? For the X-men roster has expanded like, FIVE fold since the time I was a regular reader of the series back in the nineties.
Supergirl 2011? Slight edge to Supergirl.
Rogue is a tactician, though. Witness her fight against the powerful team-wrecker Exodus in X-Men's Legacy, 261, I believe.
Steals his power to teleport, goes for help, borrows meta-ability via touch from the best mutants in range of contact over many miles to even the odds, and comes back to put him down long enough to reason with.
Even split or slightly in Rogue's favor if current Supergirl is used.
The current Supergirl is sometimes overwhelmed by her own abilities.
Double-edged sword if Rogue tries to "steal"...
Bishop vs Martain Manhunter
2011? Unless Bishop knows Martian Manhunter has a fire weakness...
Don't know anything about the current DCnU version of Manhunter.
X-23 vs Robin(Tim Drake)
Current Robin Drake? Don't know.
2011 Drake? Needs to have some prior knowledge about the girl.
If he does he has a good chance, possibly even an even split.
He loses if he knows nothing about her, though.