prof. Xavier vs martian manhunter

Started by lawest91 pages

prof. Xavier vs martian manhunter

in a battle of telepaths, who wins?

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Who do you like more?

👆

Xavier

J'onn.

I'd say as a pure telepath Xavier is stronger but its really not by much

About equal, IMO.

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
👆

You can't thumbs up yourself sneer

By feats, MM can easily scan the entire Earth population. He also mindwiped White Martians (huge telepaths themselves), among many other impressive feats.

By contrast, Xavier requires technical assistance to do the same, but has some isolated feats that reach high up there (e.g. recent AvX feats).

MM wins, IMO.

Xavier imo. J'onn always gets overwhelmed too easily for my tastes.

J'onn does get overwhelmed sometimes against very powerful threats, but I'm inclined to think in those instances that Xavier would as well.

Think MM has better aoe but Xavier is better single focus. I think that it has less to do with the power of the telepathy but rather the physical constraints of processing the information. I mean IIRC Charles was supposed to be more or less = to his sister but it just didn't work out that way. Again I think it has more to do with his mind having limits on how much information he can process vs Manhunter whose physiology allows more for it.

Xavier.

Originally posted by Uriel005
Think MM has better aoe but Xavier is better single focus. I think that it has less to do with the power of the telepathy but rather the physical constraints of processing the information. I mean IIRC Charles was supposed to be more or less = to his sister but it just didn't work out that way. Again I think it has more to do with his mind having limits on how much information he can process vs Manhunter whose physiology allows more for it.

I'd agree with that. If anything, I'd still give MM the small edge.

Martian manhunter.

The bald one

Originally posted by Katya
The bald one

QFT.

Would we allow Fernus' feats for MM? Or any at all from the Trial by Fire storyline (making Arkham inmates sane etc)?

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
QFT.

Would we allow Fernus' feats for MM? Or any at all from the Trial by Fire storyline (making Arkham inmates sane etc)?


Both are bald. That would make it a stomp.

Originally posted by Uriel005
Think MM has better aoe but Xavier is better single focus. I think that it has less to do with the power of the telepathy but rather the physical constraints of processing the information. I mean IIRC Charles was supposed to be more or less = to his sister but it just didn't work out that way. Again I think it has more to do with his mind having limits on how much information he can process vs Manhunter whose physiology allows more for it.

This argument is actually pretty well supported by comics.

Althought, J'onn does have a very high AoE/Singe Focus feat in the White Martians

Kinda surprised that recently X was able to shutdown the entire avenger team without them even ****ing knowing. But the really dumb part of that was spiderwoman with her sheild implants (seriously?).

Not sure where current MM stands.