Originally posted by Golgo13
Aren't you the #1 supporter of Oblivion? 😱
I just corrected the mistake people had when they said Iceman beat Oblivion. He didn't, Oblivion was testing his worthiness to "date his daughter" (trust me it makes no sense).
As we've seen on panel, when Oblivion did actually get into a fight, he couldn't handle Infinity despite being in his realm AND having help from Anomaly Maelstrom.
Oblivion=Death=Infinity=Eternity more or less.
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
More like Chaos King. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if zop gave Mikaboshi the majority over Zhallax.
Funny thing is, the "aspect" had better showings than the actual abstract it was a part of!
Phucking Marvel is a joke.
Originally posted by Golgo13
How powerful is Mikaboshi? Odin level?
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
Depends. At his highest portrayal, he was easily the peer of Eternity.
I wish I could stomp on the throat of both the writer of CW AND the lead editor over at Marvel.
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
IIRC, in his Mikaboshi guise, he killed Zeus without much trouble, so that alone suggest he's above Odin. And Chaos King was definitely way above Skyfather tier.
Branlor made, in retrospect, a very good point. The only people he, CK, beat were minor divinities and a hungry Galactus. The "skyfathers" that were members of the Council of Godheads during CW were NOT true Skyfathers. Izanami is NOT the Japanese skyfather, Izanagi is. It wasn't Odin he beat, it was King Baldur. Where was Vishnu? Etc...
At the time I argued that the writer made his intentions clear by using phrases like "Council of Godheads" and "Council Elite" to state they were skyfathers.
Looking back...............Branlor could have a very good point.
Originally posted by zopzop
Funny thing is : Branlor and I were arguing over this a few months back. Before the retcon, I believed CK was above ANY abstract short of the LT.Branlor made, in retrospect, a very good point. The only people he, CK, beat were minor divinities and a hungry Galactus. The "skyfathers" that were members of the Council of Godheads during CW were NOT true Skyfathers. Izanami is NOT the Japanese skyfather, Izanagi is. It wasn't Odin he beat, it was King Baldur. Where was Vishnu? Etc...
At the time I argued that the writer made his intentions clear by using phrases like "Council of Godheads" and "Council Elite" to state they were skyfathers.
Looking back...............Branlor could have a very good point.
True enough about the Council of Godheads being "skyfathers" in terms of leading their pantheons, but not "skyfathers" as we would tier them.
Originally posted by Golgo13
Didn't CK wipe out most of the multiverse? Wouldn't that be beyond Eternity level?
Don't try to understand what happened. Just know that CK is nothing more than an aspect of Oblivion and despite destroying 98.75% of the mutliverse he still didn't come as close as Scrier/Other would have if they faced off without Surfer/Thor/Rachel stopping them.