Spider Man Vs. Reed Richards H2H

Started by Caps Conscience2 pages

Spider Man Vs. Reed Richards H2H

Fight in New York.

Who wins?

Can Reed be put down by the likes of Spiderman in HTH only? I doubt it, unless someone has scans to the contrary.

Spidey has a feat were he stomps the ff in moments. I think he hits blood from Reeds face (I forgot).

Reed smothers him

What does it even take to K.O reed? It's hard for me to see Spider-man beating him HTH

Agreed.

Unless Otto finds a way to show his superiority and punk Reed.

Re: Spider Man Vs. Reed Richards H2H

Originally posted by Caps Conscience
Fight in New York.
His Spider-Bots create a force field around Reed har har har

Originally posted by h1a8
Spidey has a feat were he stomps the ff in moments. I think he hits blood from Reeds face (I forgot).
He did draw blood from Reed, happened during civil war. Not sure how consistent that is with Reed though.

Originally posted by Zack Fair
Agreed.

Unless Otto finds a way to show his superiority and punk Reed.

Well, in one if the older books Reed did go to Otto for help. Not to mention Ock's recent showings against Stark, Modok and Pym. 😎 Also he hacked the SHIELD helicarrier with ease. Could've sank it if he wanted to.

Originally posted by SamZED
Well, in one if the older books Reed did go to Otto for help. Not to mention Ock's recent showings against Stark, Modok and Pym. 😎 Also he hacked the SHIELD helicarrier with ease. Could've sank it if he wanted to.
And Reed himself

Otto confirmed for God tier.

Superior man, bitches. Get over it.

Originally posted by Zack Fair
Otto confirmed for God tier.

Superior man, bitches. Get over it.

QFT 😎
Originally posted by Parmaniac
And Reed himself
When? You mean that bomb that Reed and Tony couldn't figure out how to stop? The one Peter stopped instead? 😛

Originally posted by SamZED
QFT 😎
When? You mean that bomb that Reed and Tony couldn't figure out how to stop? The one Peter stopped instead? 😛
Not sure I have to check Ock's feat folder but I definately recall him outsmarting Marvel's big 3 (Reed, Stark, Pym)

Originally posted by Parmaniac
Not sure I have to check Ock's feat folder but I definately recall him outsmarting Marvel's big 3 (Reed, Stark, Pym)
Please do, if there's an instance of Ock owning Reed I don't know about I must know asap lol

Originally posted by SamZED
Please do, if there's an instance of Ock owning Reed I don't know about I must know asap lol

Amazing Spider-Man V1 660

Ah thanks. Weird, reread it just recently and didn't notice.

Originally posted by Zack Fair
Otto confirmed for God tier.

Superior man, bitches. Get over it.


👆

Mr bricktastic stomps him

Spider-Man wins.

In all seriousness though I think reed might go down eventually depending whether his durability is in flux. He probably wont be tagging peter/sp0ck but if his durability on his high showings might prove him difficult to put down

Spider-Man has been my favorite character for many, many years.

But I've got to be objective.

Mr. Fantastic has a history of fighting the Sub-Mariner hand-to-hand and giving a good account of himself. In fact, if memory serves, Reed had an episode or 2 where he took on the bulk of Atlantis's armed forces AND Namor, and still gave a good account of himself.

And this was back in the 1960s.

If Reed could stalemate an opponent more than four times as strong and durable as Spider-Man even 50 years ago, what exactly is there to suggest Pete (Otto) could do anything to him now by grappling with him?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I need to know what the original poster has in mind.

I don't understand why New York is being specified if hand-to-hand means even impromptu snatched-from-the-environment-on-the-spur-of-the-moment resources cannot be used. If such is the case Reed wins 9/10 and I don't see how Spider-Man could avoid loss by strangulation or choke out.

On the other hand, if specifying New York means Otto-Parker can gradually move the fight to a place with say, cannisters of gas, or liquid nitrogen, or some physical resource he can use to nullify Reed's natural advantage, then I can see a nearly even split, or, quite possibly, a slight Spider-Man advantage.

Verdict:

Pure hand-to-hand: Reed

Hand-to-hand, out of webbing, no prep but environmental resources permissible: Otto