Pain: Hulk vs Weapon-X

Started by Brockalizer1 pages

Pain: Hulk vs Weapon-X

Which transition would be more painful, James Howlett to Weapon-X i.e having molten metal bonded to bones*, or Bruce Banner to Hulk i.e rapidly increasing in size and mass from 5ft 9 1/2in 128lbs to 7ft 1040lbs?

*for this thread we will assume that the cooling time for the adamantium is the same as the Hulk's "Hulk-out" time

I would say Wolverine could take the pain of that better then Banner taking his transformation because Wolverine was already tough.

Ditto

Originally posted by golem370
I would say Wolverine could take the pain of that better then Banner taking his transformation because Wolverine was already tough.
Didn't ask who could take it better. I asked which would be more painful.

I would say the Hulking out would be more painful because that literally affects every cell in the body and Banner doesn't have a HF working at killing the pain like Jimmy does.

That and I thought the adamantium thing was more of a chemical alloy bonding process cause...how can ya melt the Metal?

The bone thing would be, more intense, but the hulking would be more painful just not as intense

Originally posted by Flyattractor
[b]I would say the Hulking out would be more painful because that literally affects every cell in the body and Banner doesn't have a HF working at killing the pain like Jimmy does.

That and I thought the adamantium thing was more of a chemical alloy bonding process cause...how can ya melt the Metal? [/B]

The way I understand it, adamantium is an alloy of vibranium mixed/bonded with another metal and doesn't turn indestructible until it hardens. Impact bonding wouldn't work on vibranium, it would have to be melted down like iron and have the other ingredients mixed in.

Originally posted by Brockalizer
The way I understand it, adamantium is an alloy of vibranium mixed/bonded with another metal and doesn't turn indestructible until it hardens. Impact bonding wouldn't work on vibranium, it would have to be melted down like iron and have the other ingredients mixed in.

Adamantium is a steel alloy, there is no Vibranium in it; you are right that it doesn't become indestructible until it hardens, though.

Anyway: Wolverine's skeleton is not a coating of metal over bone, it's a fusion of bone and metal at the molecular level. I can only speculate on how excruciatingly painful that would be.

Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Adamantium is a steel alloy, there is no Vibranium in it; you are right that it doesn't become indestructible until it hardens, though.

Anyway: Wolverine's skeleton is not a coating of metal over bone, it's a fusion of bone and metal at the molecular level. I can only speculate on how excruciatingly painful that would be.

Thanks for the clarification. But I could have sworn that the adamantium for Captain America's shield came was created with vibranium. Was that retconned?

Is it actually confirmed that Hulk feels any pain when he transforms?

Yeah. There's never been anything to my knowledge that the change actually hurts.

Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Is it actually confirmed that Hulk feels any pain when he transforms?
I think that he mentioned it in one of the movies, but I am not positive. I'm pretty sure that it was mentioned in Hulk: The End that Hulk feels pain while his body regrows flesh, bone, and organs after catastrophic injury. Stands to reason that if Hulk feels pain while regenerating, then he should feel pain while Hulking out. I'd imagine that the act of flesh and bone stretching and expanding so rapidly would be excruciating.

Any one of us would die from either experience. The shock would stop a humans heart without a doubt. So there really is no way to truly measure which would be more painful, because of this.

Ultimate Hulk's transformation seems really painful, as shown in Ultimate Human.

I still think Wolverine's would top it, since it takes so much time. That's note even considering the adamantium poisoning, etc.

Originally posted by curryman
Ultimate Hulk's transformation seems really painful, as shown in Ultimate Human.

I still think Wolverine's would top it, since it takes so much time. That's note even considering the adamantium poisoning, etc.


And that's another thing. How can the admant be poisoning Jimmy? For it to be doing that wouldn't that imply that the metal is breaking down in his bloodstream? And I thought that was something it didn't do? Being INDESTRUCTIBLE and all.

Originally posted by Flyattractor
[b]And that's another thing. How can the admant be poisoning Jimmy? For it to be doing that wouldn't that imply that the metal is breaking down in his bloodstream? And I thought that was something it didn't do? Being INDESTRUCTIBLE and all. [/B]
Wolverine stated that it as more of an allergic reaction rather than poisoning, therefore the adamantium doesn't have to break down it just requires physical contact.

........An ALLERGY!!!!????

Waiter...Check please I am DONE!

Originally posted by Flyattractor
[b]........An ALLERGY!!!!????

Waiter...Check please I am DONE! [/B]

Yep. In "Dangerous Games" while Wolverine is rescuing a young mutant girl he explains that contrary to what she may think he is not unkillable and proceeds to tell her some of the various ways he can be killed. An adamantium allergy is one of them IIRC.

Originally posted by Brockalizer
I think that he mentioned it in one of the movies, but I am not positive. I'm pretty sure that it was mentioned in Hulk: The End that Hulk feels pain while his body regrows flesh, bone, and organs after catastrophic injury. Stands to reason that if Hulk feels pain while regenerating, then he should feel pain while Hulking out. I'd imagine that the act of flesh and bone stretching and expanding so rapidly would be excruciating.

In Hulk The End, he felt pain because he was literally regrowing his body from goop after gigantic mutant cockroaches ate him to pretty much nothing. The actual change though doesn't seem painful.