General Odin

Started by Brockalizer1 pages

General Odin

Asgard is under attack once more. This time villains from the DC universe have gathered against them. Odin has gathered his armies together and they are preparing for all out war.

Asgard

VS

DC Invaders: Amazo, Black Adam, Ultra Man, Doomsday, Sinestro, Bizarro

Stipulations: No bfr, invaders must be slain. Asgard has 1 week to prep for the invasion. Odin can only serve as General of the Asgardian army, he cannot directly engage the opposition. Every Asgardian, from the City of Asgard has been conscripted, no outside help, with the exception of the dwarves of Svartalfheim. Destroyer armor can be given to Asgardian of your choice. All DC invaders are most recent versions.

I think Odin is going to die

Amazo copies Odin (and everyone else) and solos

So yeah, you'd better limit him.

Asgard wins.

With the right enchantment Asgard should win. Something along the lines of "whom so ever shall bear this sword shall cut through any foe" or "whom so ever wears this armor shall be equal to any adversary".

Originally posted by Cogito
Amazo copies Odin (and everyone else) and solos

So yeah, you'd better limit him.

What he said.

Originally posted by Cogito
Amazo copies Odin (and everyone else) and solos

So yeah, you'd better limit him.

Once Amazo copies Odin`s headbutt it is all over.

Odin isn't on the battlefield.

Then Amazo copies the next best powerful warrior, the Lion of Asgard, the Voluminous, Volstagg the Enormous.

And soloes.

Can Amazo copy items?

If not one guy gets the destroyer armor, another gets odin's spear, one more gets the eye of agomotto and then DC gets wrecked.

He copied the Worlogog. Not to mention, he copies GL's ring, and WW's lasso.

Having all those items on the battlefield makes it even worse for Asgard.

He has to see the items right? Coaw is massive in Aoe.

Wouldn't that massive aoe also freeze your own troops? Although, if they send a lone Asgardian out and he opens it miles away from the battlefield, it could work, I guess. And at the same time, Amazo doesn't speedblitz etc etc (I'm assuming Amazo has the powers of his team as well).

Baldur could open it and escape with his enchantment, Heimdall could Bifrost artifacts into position.

Until Amazo, using Ultra Man's sight, sees Balder on the battlefield, and copies the enchantment. Oh my.

Best bet is using Heimdall and Bifrost, but who would physically open it?

Thor? I guess

I can't see how the team wins with all of Asgard in play, even without Odin.

Originally posted by pym-ftw
Thor? I guess

I can't see how the team wins with all of Asgard in play, even without Odin.

They're all pretty fast on the invasion team...plus, am not sure what they could do to kill Doomsday/Amazo without BFR.

What do you see as the major plays in favour for Asgard? Bearing in mind if Amazo sees it, he gets it - not to mention, Odin wouldn't know of this power (unless he is able to discern powers?)

I just see a speeding Amazo with Supervision an incredibly potent weapon, not to mention Doomsday. And that's of course ignoring Ultra Man and his seeming resistance to magical attacks, BA and his own magical lightning, Sinestro etc.

Amazo is the X factor IMO. I don't recall Odin ever not being able to tell what powers his adversary possesses, logically that would still apply here. Various Asgardians have been able to alter their shape or render themselves invisible in the past. If they chose that tactic while wearing the Destroyer armor, or if Odin cloaked it with an enchantment, then Amazo could be taken out while being distracted by a small group of Asgardians. As for Doomsday, if Merlin can come up with something like the Ebony Blade, I don't see why Odin couldn't as well.