What has DCnU Etrigan done? I remember him being briefly stalemated by: King Arthur, Shining Knight, Midnighter, and a weakened Apollo, being overpowered by a group of Vikings, and being 'killed' by Wonder Girl(admittedly it was a cheap 'neck-snap' that she delivered.)
Anyway, I haven't seen anything overly impressive from Etrigan thus far(I may have missed something, so please tell me if I did.) I mean, I guess his Hellfire might be a viable option, maybe..? It has burned-up demons/Vampires and the like, after all, so it might be able to negatively affect Frank..? However, Frank's unique 'status' in the world(neither alive nor dead) has made him immune to pretty much any sort of death so far. He was completely immune to a 'Blackbomb', which is designed to atomize anything it touches(even the undead)-- not even embodiments of The Rot were capable of withstanding its effects. He was also outright immune to The Rot itself(a fundamental force of death/decay in DC.) So yeah, I'm not totally convinced that Hellfire would be the end-all/be-all tactic for Etrigan here. /shrug
Until I have a reason to think otherwise, Frank wins.
Originally posted by Galan007
What has DCnU Etrigan done? I remember him being briefly stalemated by: King Arthur, Shining Knight, Midnighter, and a weakened Apollo, being overpowered by a group of Vikings, and being 'killed' by Wonder Girl(admittedly it was a cheap 'neck-snap' that she delivered.)Anyway, I haven't seen anything overly impressive from Etrigan thus far(I may have missed something, so please tell me if I did.) I mean, I guess his Hellfire might be a viable option, maybe..? It has burned-up demons/Vampires and the like, after all, so it might be able to negatively affect Frank..? However, Frank's unique 'status' in the world(neither alive nor dead) has made him immune to pretty much any sort of death so far. He was completely immune to a 'Blackbomb', which is designed to atomize anything it touches(even the undead)-- not even embodiments of The Rot itself were capable of withstanding its effects. He was also immune to The Rot itself(a fundamental force of death/decay in DC.) So yeah, I'm not totally convinced that Hellfire would be the end-all/be-all tactic for Etrigan here. /shrug
Until I have a reason to think otherwise, Franks wins.
I was considering BFR?
I was assuming pre-FP for some reason.
The only modern day feats I've seen from Etrigan was his run in with Apollo and Midnighter after he'd just been woken from his slumber, he seemed to be comfortably above them. I had no idea he encountered Wonder Girl, in Teen Titans I'm assuming? And she won? Embarrassing.
If that's the case DCnU Etrigan loses hard, Frank has been really impressive in the New 52.
Originally posted by DarkSaint85I know it is within his power to transport others to Hell, because he took the Demon Knights there. However, I don't recall him ever transporting others to Hell without transporting himself at the same time(in the DCnU, of course.)
Jason Blood would. Although, is that cheating if they swap mid battle? An interesting conundrum. Personally, I see it akin to pre DCnU Captain Marvel and Billy.
Originally posted by Khazra RebornBy his own accord Apollo was drained from his first attack, yet he still managed to stalemate Etrigan afterward. Etrigan might have been more powerful, but the difference seemed marginal.
The only modern day feats I've seen from Etrigan was his run in with Apollo and Midnighter after he'd just been woken from his slumber, he seemed to be comfortably above them. I had no idea he encountered Wonder Girl, in Teen Titans I'm assuming? And she won? Embarrassing.
Wonder Girl snapped Etrigan's neck as he was distracted fighting Raven-- so it's not as pathetic as it sounds. Etrigan's worst showing was getting overpowered by a group of Vikings.
Originally posted by celeyhyga17As far as the DCnU goes, you could check out his solo series: Frankenstein Agent of SHADE(16 issues.) There is definitely heavy Hellboy feel to the series, but it's decent for what it is. Helps expand on Frank as a character a bit-- gives him some depth.
Etrigan prolly.Then again I prolly need to see more of Frankenstein. I only know of him from JLD.
Any recommendations?