Manhunter Vs Misty Knight

Started by Golgo131 pages

Manhunter Vs Misty Knight

vs

It would be nice if you listed WHICH Mahunter since your image has BOTH Mark Shaw and Kate Spencer.

If it's mark he wins as his magnetic pulse baton would shut down her Bionic arm leaving her without her main weapon once he realises she tech she has.

Kate looses badly.

Based on his recent threads, I'd say it was Kate.

for a second i thought he meant the martian one

Originally posted by maxivitopowe
for a second i thought he meant the martian one

Same here 😂

... manjobber would still find a way to lose

Kate is pretty powerful- I think the suit & claws helps her a little physically, and the staff is a nasty weapon.

I go her.

Having done a bit of reading, I side with Misty. Her arm has Antarctic Vibranium, so any metal will be liquefied in close range.....and for long range, she has her repulsor blasts.

The staff not only has strong energy blasts, but can be used to fly, and make bright flashes to make it hard to see, it's not just a blaster.

Her suit, which gives enhanced strength and toughness, isn't mental.

She's a bit more of a ranged fighter and has a wider array of tricks, which is why I give her the edge.

Misty has her own bag of tricks as well, especially with Stark/Rand Industries' improvements.

Blasting is a wash between the two, but once they get up close and fight (which, admittedly, is more in character for both I think), Misty would take it. That staff would be liquefied, as would her gauntlets.

Blasting isn't a wash, I'd say, because Kate can blind her with a flash *then* blast her. Only going to melee if Misty was off-guard, couldn't see, or similar.

Originally posted by Q99
Blasting isn't a wash, I'd say, because Kate can blind her with a flash *then* blast her. Only going to melee if Misty was off-guard, couldn't see, or similar.

Have you not seen her aviator shades? Misty would tank that 😛

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Have you not seen her aviator shades? Misty would tank that 😛

I'm not sure if mere sunglasses are that much help ^^

There's also the ability to staff-jump around gives her better mobility for avoiding fire. And I think the staff is stronger, she can blast near Misty to blow her off her feat.

Originally posted by Q99
I'm not sure if mere sunglasses are that much help ^^

There's also the ability to staff-jump around gives her better mobility for avoiding fire. And I think the staff is stronger, she can blast near Misty to blow her off her feat.

It all depends on who you see as getting the first shot off first, and who the better markswoman is. I am still leaning towards Misty in that regard.

Does Manhunter use her blasts all the time? Or does she go H2H mostly?

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
It all depends on who you see as getting the first shot off first, and who the better markswoman is. I am still leaning towards Misty in that regard.

Does Manhunter use her blasts all the time? Or does she go H2H mostly?

Kate is primarily a ranged fighter. Even in close her blasts are normally what finishes the job.

And the staff's powerful enough that she doesn't need a direct hit to gain an advantage, though she is good with the staff.

Originally posted by Q99
Kate is primarily a ranged fighter. Even in close her blasts are normally what finishes the job.

And the staff's powerful enough that she doesn't need a direct hit to gain an advantage, though she is good with the staff.

Isn't her suit the ones the Darkstars used? Gives her enhanced strength and speed, right?

Originally posted by Golgo13
Isn't her suit the ones the Darkstars used? Gives her enhanced strength and speed, right?

Yep, as well as stuff like a tracking device and lenses to protect her eyes.

Just the bare-bones functions, it's not a full power Darkstar suit, but she is physically enhanced.

Originally posted by Q99
Yep, as well as stuff like a tracking device and lenses to protect her eyes.

Just the bare-bones functions, it's not a full power Darkstar suit, but she is physically enhanced.

Bare bones is right, she never displayed anywherenear the strength etc of the Darkstars.

Her baton was also supposed to be that or mark Shaw, but again we see none of the versatile uses Shaw had for it. He used ti to take down members of the Rogues gallery, GL enemies, Lex Luthor kill squads (in the Luthor flying armor). The magnetic pulse attachment shut down Snart's cold gun on two occasions. He used it to fly between building s by magnetically attracting and repelling himself, disarm large groups (like Cuban army in Invasion), and to magnetically charge people so they would be pulled to metal. He used the srobe attachment to blind and throw of Wally in a blitz attack and take him down (PIS I know but still). A sonic Attachment broke Count Vertigo's concetration and allowed him to take him down. The baton in Shaw's hands was like an Adam west utility vest, there was always another device. What does Kate do, she blasts - WOW.

Originally posted by Q99
Kate is primarily a ranged fighter. Even in close her blasts are normally what finishes the job.

And the staff's powerful enough that she doesn't need a direct hit to gain an advantage, though she is good with the staff.

We shall have to agree to disagree. I may defer to your superior knowledge of Kate......but I remain to be convinced.

Originally posted by beatboks
Bare bones is right, she never displayed anywherenear the strength etc of the Darkstars.

Her baton was also supposed to be that or mark Shaw, but again we see none of the versatile uses Shaw had for it. He used ti to take down members of the Rogues gallery, GL enemies, Lex Luthor kill squads (in the Luthor flying armor). The magnetic pulse attachment shut down Snart's cold gun on two occasions. He used it to fly between building s by magnetically attracting and repelling himself, disarm large groups (like Cuban army in Invasion), and to magnetically charge people so they would be pulled to metal. He used the srobe attachment to blind and throw of Wally in a blitz attack and take him down (PIS I know but still). A sonic Attachment broke Count Vertigo's concetration and allowed him to take him down. The baton in Shaw's hands was like an Adam west utility vest, there was always another device. What does Kate do, she blasts - WOW.

She has used some of the other functions, though granted not nearly as much. She has used the light function, and iirc she used the magnetic one a time or two as well. She does fly with it, though using it more as a booster rather than the magnetic function.

Stop moving the pictures Golgo.