Originally posted by Stoic
I didn't read the events leading up to Thor God of Thunder #21, or if it is canon, but All Father Thor (or AF Thor for short) was doing extremely well against Galactus. He even knocked out his teeth.
Originally posted by Galan007
Originally posted by zopzop
Define "fully". He did eat, but it was a dead world.
That's weird, i thought that Galactus could only feed on healthy planets? Oh well shows what I know. Aslo Zop, was Galactus' physical features nearly the same when he fought Odin? I mean didn't he look a little worn around the edges? I'm asking because I don't remember, and I'm too lazy to look through my DVD's. Also how much power could he get from a dead planet? I mean if it's dead, doesn't that mean that the amount may have been next to nothing, or nothing at all?
Even though that version of Galactus was starving, he was able to punch King Thor so hard that he went completely through the earth and still hit the moon with such force that it broke:
http://imgur.com/SHPnL09
http://imgur.com/TlQbetH
http://imgur.com/SRMcJxD
Heh, great strength feat for that Galactus--even better durability feat for King Thor, given that he completely shrugged it off. 👆
Originally posted by Galan007
Even though that version of Galactus was starving, he was able to punch King Thor so hard that he went completely through the earth and still hit the moon with such force that it broke:
http://imgur.com/SHPnL09
http://imgur.com/TlQbetH
http://imgur.com/SRMcJxD
Heh, great strength feat for that Galactus--even better durability feat for King Thor, given that he completely shrugged it off. 👆
Good post Galan. I thought the same thing when I read the book. I was pretty impressed to say the least. Good post. 👆
Originally posted by zopzop
This Galactus?Dude is starving and he has sores on his face and his lips are parched and busted.
He was hungry but who says he was starving? When Galactus is starving, isn't he running dangerously low on energy and his reserves are drained such as in Annihilation etc? Like he has to feed NOW, and more then once, as he's actively losing power.
This isn't the case in this arc from what I've seen.
When King Thor struck him, he vomited the molten energies of a 1000 worlds so his reserves should be as good as ever (If not better) and he hasn't been having trouble finding planets if that's what he's actively digesting.
Originally posted by Rage.Of.OlympusYeah, 'starving' might not be the best word to describe his condition. He was definitely hungry, though.
He was hungry but who says he was starving? When Galactus is starving, isn't he running dangerously low on energy and his reserves are drained such as in Annihilation etc? Like he has to feed NOW, and more then once, as he's actively losing power.
Originally posted by Rage.Of.OlympusFlowery writing/hyperbole, imo. No different than the very next statement after that: "and his rage doth burn like a billion supernovas." /shrug
When King Thor struck him, he vomited the molten energies of a 1000 worlds
Originally posted by Galan007
Yeah, 'starving' might not be the best word to describe his condition. He was definitely hungry, though.Flowery writing/hyperbole, imo. No different than the very next statement after that: "and his rage doth burn like a billion supernovas." /shrug
Yup, he said he was hungry so that's not up for debate.
Definitely some poetic phrasing but it makes pretty clear that he's been feeding consistently up until now. That being said, I find no reason to doubt the power levels involved at this point as being legit. The scale has definitely been over the top in this run, as even way back then, Gorr killed a God that use to wrestle with black holes for fun but it is backed up I think. Personally, I enjoy it and find it fitting as Thor has always operated on such a scale in his best stories.
Odin wins btw.
Originally posted by zopzop
Why was his face jacked then? Looks a lot like his face when Annihilus had him imprisoned and starved.
Because it's old Galactus at the end of time fighting an Old King Thor. They're both relics. Galactus looks like a senior citizen and Thor needs help getting up due to his back problems but ultimately, they're still beasts so who gives a shit.
Personally, I like to think his appearance is representative of the state of the Universe itself. Although I think that's probably reading too much into it.
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Yup, he said he was hungry so that's not up for debate.Definitely some poetic phrasing but it makes pretty clear that he's been feeding consistently up until now. That being said, I find no reason to doubt the power levels involved at this point as being legit. The scale has definitely been over the top in this run, as even way back then, Gorr killed a God that use to wrestle with black holes for fun but it is backed up I think. Personally, I enjoy it and find it fitting as Thor has always operated on such a scale in his best stories.
Odin wins btw.
So let me get this clear Rage. You think that Odin would do better against Galactus, than Thor? Do you think that it may be possible that the Son may be able to outdo the Father, when the Son, has inherited the Father powers, and may have been born more powerful than the Father? Thor is no simple Asgardian as we both know, unlike Odin. Perhaps my understanding may be off though.