War Machine vs Doc Samson

Started by juggernaut742 pages

War Machine vs Doc Samson

Fight on a beach someplace. Regular Samson for this fight.

Rhodes because of flight and ranged options. If it comes to h2h, Samson should be able to beat him decisively.

Given Rhodes' military training I'd think H2H would be close.

Doc has better showings. He could possibly wade through War Machines repulsors.

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Rhodes because of flight and ranged options. If it comes to h2h, Samson should be able to beat him decisively.
👆

Originally posted by juggernaut74
Given Rhodes' military training I'd think H2H would be close.

He does have the training, but Samson relies on h2h all the time. He's an experienced brawler that is not to be underestimated.

Originally posted by carver9
Doc has better showings. He could possibly wade through War Machines repulsors.

Better showings? OP limited him to his classic form. With Ross we have feats from his entire career, from his time as IM to various WM suits and perhaps IM 2.0, even. No idea what armor he wears atm, though.

About repulsors... well, good thing War Machine packs more weapons than just those.

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
He does have the training, but Samson relies on h2h all the time. He's an experienced brawler that is not to be underestimated.
But Samson is still a shrink, Rhodes is a soldier that's gotta count for something.
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Better showings? OP limited him to his classic form. With Ross we have feats from his entire career, from his time as IM to various WM suits and perhaps IM 2.0, even. No idea what armor he wears atm, though.

About repulsors... well, good thing War Machine packs more weapons than just those.

Ross?

Rhodes.

I blame Rulk's overexposure (tv shows, putting him on Avengers, etc.) for that typo.

Originally posted by carver9
Doc has better showings. He could possibly wade through War Machines repulsors.

Yup. I could see this happening.

If WM is stupid enough to get in close, he's dead for sure though.

Samson's a shrink whose true passion is fighting the Hulk. He said it himself. He even said it was better than sex for him. Seriously, stated right on panel back when Loeb was still writing Hulk comic.

Hasn't it been stated on panel that Hulk always holds back?

Originally posted by zopzop
Yup. I could see this happening.

If WM is stupid enough to get in close, he's dead for sure though.

But does Rhodes have anything to put down Samson?

Juggs, while Rhodes' experience as a soldier definitely counts, it doesn't automatically put him on a level needed to handle seasoned gamma-powered fighters. The suit's power plays more of a factor. I know I would prefer to use smarts rather than testing suits' limits in a battle with a Hulk-lite.

Rhodes can fight, but I can't think of too many h2h feats. His best was probably stalemating Century when his armor was rendered inactive by Mandarin. Awesome achievement, but Samson is not without those either.

Originally posted by juggernaut74
But does Rhodes have anything to put down Samson?

Yes. A continuous assault would do the trick, I believe. He should have enough ammo and power for that.

His repulsors are far from weak, btw. Seemed to affect Thor better than Tony's ones, anyway.

Originally posted by juggernaut74
Hasn't it been stated on panel that Hulk always holds back?

By Pak? I guess he does, but even a subconsciously holding back Hulk is a walking catastrophe. Fighting him is no picnic.

Originally posted by juggernaut74
Hasn't it been stated on panel that Hulk always holds back?

Pak claimed that Hulk held back in EVERY SINGLE FIGHT he's ever been in.

And that Hulk/Banner did the math on everything so that there would never be any casualties caused by the surrounding mayhem, etc.

Beyond retarded.

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
By Pak? I guess he does, but even a subconsciously holding back Hulk is a walking catastrophe. Fighting him is no picnic.
But he doesn't wasn't to hurt anybody iirc. Unless you're a threat.

WM.

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Better showings? OP limited him to his classic form. With Ross we have feats from his entire career, from his time as IM to various WM suits and perhaps IM 2.0, even. No idea what armor he wears atm, though.

About repulsors... well, good thing War Machine packs more weapons than just those.

I'm basing this off of his classic showings.