Makkari vs. Hermes (Marvel)

Started by StiltmanFTW1 pages

Makkari vs. Hermes (Marvel)

Who wins?

Makkari. Quite a bit above the Hermes I remember. Could be wrong though, been quite awhile since Ive seen anything with either of them in it.

Both of these guys are pretty much equals in just about every way as far as speed, strength, and durability go. They're both able to lift 30 tons so it's anyone's guess. You'd think that Quick Silver would also be in the 30 ton range, I mean how does he run that fast while being a little stronger than classic Captain America?

Quicksilver's legs were stated to be Class 10 in handbooks.

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Quicksilver's legs were stated to be Class 10 in handbooks.

All of those top speedsters that run under their own power should be no less than class 70 minimum. I think that it's pretty stupid that they rated his legs and not the rest of him. I mean you also use your arms to propel yourself, and besides that, QS has been shown to have pretty insane punching speeds.

He must have good neck durability lol.

Makkari stomps. Faster, stronger, with a shitload of more powers than Hermes.

What can Makkari do? I thought he devoted all his powers to running?

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
What can Makkari do? I thought he devoted all his powers to running?

Nope. Eternals devoting their life to a single discipline doesn't mean they lose their other powers, they're just not as developed.

Originally posted by zopzop
Nope. Eternals devoting their life to a single discipline doesn't mean they lose their other powers, they're just not as developed.

Are Makkari's other powers developed enough to tip the balance (ignoring the speed/strength advantage, lol)

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Are Makkari's other powers developed enough to tip the balance (ignoring the speed/strength advantage, lol)

Getting blasted by Eternal laser vision should at least disorient Hermes long enough for a FTL speedster like Makkari to use to his advantage.

Originally posted by zopzop
Getting blasted by Eternal laser vision should at least disorient Hermes long enough for a FTL speedster like Makkari to use to his advantage.

👆

Makkari is more likely to connect with his punch than laser vision, though.

Anyway, even though Hermes a.k.a. Mercury is the original that Makkari was based on... does he have actually the feats?

marvel hermes really doesn't have much history. i recall he got taken to school once by monica.... mak would likely win this. dc hermes/mercury would be a different story altogether.

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Makkari is more likely to connect with his punch than laser vision, though.

Anyway, even though Hermes a.k.a. Mercury is the original that Makkari was based on... does he have actually the feats?

The only battle feat that I know of for Hermes is him beating the mess out of Dionysus in stomp fashion.

Can anybody remember the issue these two battled in ? I could look it up if I had the issue #

http://postimg.org/image/j4fu6gswb/

Scan from the fight but I can't remember the issue #

Leo, I think the monica fight you're referring to was against quicksilver not hermes. Unless you have the actual scan.
http://postimg.org/image/cxbv8uoi9/

the mak/hermes fight was from thor 292 i think.... but the hermes/monica fight was in the avengers arc where they fought zeus:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11111/111113173/4540368-avengers281_11b.jpg

Originally posted by leonidas
the mak/hermes fight was from thor 292 i think.... but the hermes/monica fight was in the avengers arc where they fought zeus:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11111/111113173/4540368-avengers281_11b.jpg


Makkari is FTL, hence he stomps Hermes 😆