Punisher vs Ted Kord (h2h)

Started by cdtm1 pages

Punisher vs Ted Kord (h2h)

No weapons, h2h only.

Who wins?

i don't give kord much of a chance. he may be more skilled (MAYBE, though i see him more as the acrobat) but i doubt he could deal out enough punishment to put frank down before frank finished him.

Was Ted Kord much of a fighter? I remember him as a gadget guy.

i recall a couple tough fights he was in, but like i said, i always picture him as more an acrobat then a h2h/down and dirty fighter who'd be needed to take out frank.... shrug

Hey, he knocked Guy on his arse, and he's pretty beastly himself, thanks to enhancing his body with his ring.. While ringless, took loads of damage from Lobo. Hal only beat him through "rope a dope" strategy.

Ted isn't taking this. He might get in one or two good shots, but that's about it.

As creator of a BB Respect Thread, i have to say...
...Frank 9.5/10z

Originally posted by riv6672
As creator of a BB Respect Thread, i have to say...
...Frank 9.5/10z

😆

Geez. Better than officially closing the thread 👆

Frank takes this. As Leo said Ted's more of an acrobat.
He might be able to dance around frank long enough to extend the fight.
But it ends in his getting badly beaten.

Damn, Teds that bad?

Edit:
The more I look into it, Ted accidentally kills Frank.

Here, he wrestles a sword out of Diana's hand:

And was slammed by her into a boulder:

Just found this gem.

Yeah, those are all in my respect thread.
And i still say Frank wins a huge majority.

I remember Kord faced off against Dan Garret, his predecessor who was blatantly super human.

Garret was out for blood. Kord Absorbed quite a few punches, and nearly killed him at one point (Spurred on by the evil entity from the Scarab).

Yup. He did. Great fight.

Originally posted by cdtm
I remember Kord faced off against Dan Garret, his predecessor who was blatantly super human.

Garret was out for blood. Kord Absorbed quite a few punches, and nearly killed him at one point (Spurred on by the evil entity from the Scarab).

Actually it was a robot recreation of his predecessor. His uncle (the one who's lab exploded killing Dan and making Ted take up his mantle) had a robot in it at the time that made itself look like Dan Garrett Blue beetle to keep Ted off balance while he took him down.

That is if your referring tot the Charlton comics issue that had them fight. I can't recall teh issue number but I have it somewhere.

Nah, I'm talking about Beetle's first run in DC. I'm aware of the Charlton stories with the robot, and the other one where Dan Garratt is resurrected and takes back the mantle from Ted, but those aren't canon to DC.

Plus, there's the fact Dan definately dies in an act of self sacrifice, to kill the "evil gods" that were retconned as the Scarab's true nature.

Originally posted by cdtm
Nah, I'm talking about Beetle's first run in DC. I'm aware of the Charlton stories with the robot, and the other one where Dan Garratt is resurrected and takes back the mantle from Ted, but those aren't canon to DC.

Plus, there's the fact Dan definately dies in an act of self sacrifice, to kill the "evil gods" that were retconned as the Scarab's true nature.

Fair enough then. Having said that i don't think DC Dan Garrett has the feats that put him at the same level as Charlton Dan Garrett power wise. DC Dan is more mid tier where Charlton one was low high tier.

This was the Dan Beetle from the BB story/fight.

I loved the costume tweaks Paris Cullins threw in.