Originally posted by leonidas
this will be closed for spite. snow has zero chance to win this unless he gets prep. even then i can't think of anything off hand he would have to protect himself from black's tp. might be something i guess....
Elijah & Co. did prep their way into killing Superman...
Originally posted by "Id"
Ahbi in this bytch
In 3...2...
Originally posted by Surtur
How'd they do it?
Like this:
http://i.imgur.com/W5p5nBx.jpg
As I understood it, he was stripped of his solar charge and ejected into space. He was later shown floating in space, super-dead.
Originally posted by leonidas
ah yes. loved that book. still, don't recall anything explicit he could pull out to stop this level tp or tk. and snow also wasn't alone in that book.... 😄
The bait wasn't for you, ya dope!
Originally posted by Digi
Like this:
http://i.imgur.com/W5p5nBx.jpg
As I understood it, he was stripped of his solar charge and ejected into space. He was later shown floating in space, super-dead.
Nope, whoever told you that was a liar, or didn't read it. 🙂
Elijah talks over the loudspeaker as his trap is sprung, and explains that he theorized Superman's ability to fly was dependant on using gravity. Put him in a vaccume, like the trap room suddenly did, and he loses all ability to control his flight.
Originally posted by cdtm
Whoops, skimming at work.And you're right, I looked at the scan and he does mention sunlight reduction. Although, in Planetary's case, it seems to operate more like the infamous Nuclear Man from Superman 4, where he instantly weakens.
No worries. And yeah, I mean, we learn zero from that scan, tbh. It's a one-off story without much context. It was just a fun story...I'm not trying to argue for Elijah in the thread or anything.
Originally posted by Digi
No worries. And yeah, I mean, we learn zero from that scan, tbh. It's a one-off story without much context. It was just a fun story...I'm not trying to argue for Elijah in the thread or anything.
The Batman bullet deflection scene was awesome.
You could almost believe Frank Miller wrote that story, considering how Batman saves the day and gets the girl, while Clark ends up dead. 🙂
Originally posted by cdtm
The Batman bullet deflection scene was awesome.You could almost believe Frank Miller wrote that story, considering how Batman saves the day and gets the girl, while Clark ends up dead. 🙂
I enjoyed that part too. 🙂
That whole book (Crossing Worlds) is a pretty cool look at Batman. In the very next issue, Planetary ends up in Gotham city and in confrontation with Batman, where a dimensional rift is porting them between universes and changing the iteration of Batman. Adam West-era Batman, Dark Knight Returns, and a few others show up. It's a lot of fun.
Originally posted by Digi
Like this:
http://i.imgur.com/W5p5nBx.jpg
As I understood it, he was stripped of his solar charge and ejected into space. He was later shown floating in space, super-dead.The bait wasn't for you, ya dope!
me am sorry... 😮
it was a cool book though. 👆 frickin LOVED planetary,,,,
Originally posted by leonidas
me am sorry... 😮it was a cool book though. 👆 frickin LOVED planetary,,,,
Yup. While I think it's too subjective to be accurate even with just my personal faves, if I were forced to name a top 5 all-time, Planetary might be #1, and would only be fighting with 1-2 others for that distinction.