Originally posted by cdtm
Lanterns....get drained.
Kyle can win on paper, but in practice he gets punked all the time.
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/29826521/Justice_League_2016-_005-013.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/29826498/Justice_League_2016-_005-014.jpg.html
No Herald is adapt enough to drain emotional spectrum energy anyway.
Frankly, I think current Hal would have a decent shot at soloing. The dude appeared to become some sort of embodiment of willpower, beyond even the Guardians' comprehension, and was capable of stalemating/beating universal-ish beings(ie. an alternate Parallax and Sinestrollax.) At the very least I believe Hal alone could take a BIG chunk out of the Heralds.
*Unless you're considering his current levels 'amped'... In which case he doesn't solo, but he can certainly beat any one of the Heralds individually. /shrug
Originally posted by Galan007
Frankly, I think current Hal would have a decent shot at soloing. The dude appeared to become some sort of embodiment of willpower, beyond even the Guardians' comprehension, and was capable of stalemating/beating universal-ish beings(ie. an alternate Parallax and Sinestrollax.) At the very least I believe Hal alone could take a BIG chunk out of the Heralds.*Unless you're considering his current levels 'amped'... In which case he doesn't solo, but he can certainly beat any one of the Heralds individually. /shrug
I'd consider him amped. 🙂
But yeah, Hal should do allright against most individual heralds. Norrin, imo, "should" be several steps above herald class (To the point where I personally consider Thor holding his own to be PIS. Bill and Nova Prime are at least as powerful, but lack Thor's "character shield"😉
Originally posted by Galan007
Probably not a good idea to try and compare 'highs' here. 😗
For Norrin, I'm talking "averages".
Nova Prime, Beta Ray Bill, Gladiator, Hulk, and even Dr. Strange (Orion, Superman, and Kyle if we count crossovers) treat Norrin like an absolute monster. And he has the feats to back it up... Speed, durability, energy manip are all well into the top tiers (As in, he can compete favorably with Flash, Superman, and *insert energy manipulator here* )
I realize Martian Manhunter gets rated highly for his versatility, and I'm as guilty of that anyone, buy imo Norrin can and SHOULD one shot him if bloodlusted.
Originally posted by cdtm
For Norrin, I'm talking "averages".Nova Prime, Beta Ray Bill, Gladiator, Hulk, and even Dr. Strange (Orion, Superman, and Kyle if we count crossovers) treat Norrin like an absolute monster.
Wut? Nova was treating anybody as a monster. ****ing Xenith was wrecking him. Bill has knocked Surfer out with two hits and the Godhunter scene has Surfer cheapshotted him. Gladiator has never fought Surfer. Hulk has overpowered Surfer and Namor together and has actually broken out of prison which Surfer couldn't. The only reason Surfer looks superior to him is because of energy drain.
That Byrne crossover is an anomaly as Byrne thinks very highly of Surfer and Galactus in general.
Cyborg Superman literally laughed off Surfer's attacks in the very same crossover
And he has the feats to back it up... Speed, durability, energy manip are all well into the top tiers (As in, he can compete favorably with Flash, Superman, and *insert energy manipulator here* )
Only on CBR. He is not even close to Superman and Flash in combat speed. Green Lanterns are faster flier. Superman is more durable. There are better energy manipulators like Quasar.
I realize Martian Manhunter gets rated highly for his versatility, and I'm as guilty of that anyone, buy imo Norrin can and SHOULD one shot him if bloodlusted.