Great Character Bad Name

Started by staxamillion1 pages

Great Character Bad Name

I think Wonder Man is cool but name is lame 馃槅

who are some of yours?

He-Man, what was I-Man taken already. super lazy name

Odinson.

Because apparently "Thor" is not actually part of his name.

isn't Thor his first name as well?

Not according to current Marvel writers

Originally posted by Supermutant
He-Man, what was I-Man taken already. super lazy name

they got scared apple will sue their ass...

Name a villain Killgrave, call him Purple Man...ffs

Pick an X Men villain, any X Men villain, in the last 15-16 years.

Most of the legion of superheroes have god awful codenames.

Originally posted by Cogito
Odinson.

Because apparently "Thor" is not actually part of his name.

Thor himself made the choice to transfer his name to somebody else. Totally his idea...not a Marvel copout at all...

Originally posted by deathslash
Most of the legion of superheroes have god awful codenames.

THAT is a great pick!!!

Anti-man (Marvel). I'll let Stoic explain why 馃槃

Originally posted by Cogito
Odinson.

Because apparently "Thor" is not actually part of his name.

I bet you beat women you misogynistic pig.

First 2 to come to mind:

Dragonman. I remember, first time seeing it, I thought, What? Just take any word and stick 'man' onto it? It's grown a bit on me since, but it still strikes me as somewhat ... plebian.

The Thing. Really? Were Lee's and Kirby's imagination on hiatus that day? I mean, ok, back then it kinda worked. But there have been so many more, and more monstrous characters intro'd since then, that 'the Thing' seems misplaced or used prematurely.

If it worked back then, then you cant really blame them for whats come after. 馃槢

Originally posted by riv6672
If it worked back then, then you cant really blame them for whats come after. 馃槢
True. Just seems like Mr. Grimm should get more respect. 馃槈 Now John Carpenter's Thing: that's a Thing!

A godawful disgusting thing!

Probably the greatest one that no one would think about is Batman. Who the f**k is that badass but name himself after a bat!?