Originally posted by MrMind
dcnu captain atom>warlock with soul gem>pre flashpoint atom>classic warlock without gem>annihilation warlock
Pretty much this. w/ and w/o the gem isn't a huge deal, though. It actually muted some of his other abilities, but gave him some haxx OHK potential with the gem. If he's not cheesing and just fights "normally" he's just as powerful w/o it, imo.
Originally posted by riv6672
^^^that's really interesting, damn. 👆
I'm sure I don't have the scans anymore, but there's a couple references to the gem weakening Warlock, but giving him new abilities. So unless he's going for a soul steal or porting the battle inside the gem, it basically only gave him his karmic blast, which was excellent for breaking concentration (GL's kryptonite, for example) but didn't display massive raw power. His best pure power showings were without it.
Don't get me wrong, he's more powerful with the gem. But it's very stacked into lesser-used OHK abilities.
Originally posted by Digi
I'm sure I don't have the scans anymore, but there's a couple references to the gem weakening Warlock, but giving him new abilities. So unless he's going for a soul steal or porting the battle inside the gem, it basically only gave him his karmic blast, which was excellent for breaking concentration (GL's kryptonite, for example) but didn't display massive raw power. His best pure power showings were without it.Don't get me wrong, he's more powerful with the gem. But it's very stacked into lesser-used OHK abilities.
can't he force port people into the gem? iirc he was intrinsically tied to it...its been so long since i read IW or his 90s stuff
Originally posted by Sin I AM
can't he force port people into the gem? iirc he was intrinsically tied to it...its been so long since i read IW or his 90s stuff
That's actually a good question. He whooped Surfer with ease in the gem, where he's basically god, but I don't believe it was a forced port into it. I could be wrong. It's been a long while since I had to recall Warnock stuff in any detail.
Originally posted by Digi
That's actually a good question. He whooped Surfer with ease in the gem, where he's basically god, but I don't believe it was a forced port into it. I could be wrong. It's been a long while since I had to recall Warnock stuff in any detail.
Galan recently posted some scans from what looks like a current ongoing where warlock is doijg his thing inside the gem. Maybe it will provide some insight
Originally posted by Digi
I'm sure I don't have the scans anymore, but there's a couple references to the gem weakening Warlock, but giving him new abilities. So unless he's going for a soul steal or porting the battle inside the gem, it basically only gave him his karmic blast, which was excellent for breaking concentration (GL's kryptonite, for example) but didn't display massive raw power. His best pure power showings were without it.Don't get me wrong, he's more powerful with the gem. But it's very stacked into lesser-used OHK abilities.