Luke Cage vs Beast Boy

Started by Philosophía1 pages

Luke Cage vs Beast Boy

Who wins?

Cage on average

Does Garfield even have a form that could hurt cage?

^^^any number of microbial ones, that could invade Cage and attack from within.

I like Cage better, but this is Gar’s fight to lose.

Originally posted by riv6672
^^^any number of microbial ones, that could invade Cage and attack from within.

I like Cage better, but this is Gar’s fight to lose.

and has he ever demonstrated that ability before?

Originally posted by deathslash
and has he ever demonstrated that ability before?

https://m.imgur.com/Z0B9CYi

Problem is, I'm pretty sure Care has had Ant Man shrink inside him and was unable to do anything inside....

Originally posted by deathslash
and has he ever demonstrated that ability before?

Aside from what Ds posted, a lot of characters here are repped doing things they dont normally do, it falls under the heading of ‘fighting at their best’.

Originally posted by riv6672
Aside from what Ds posted, a lot of characters here are repped doing things they dont normally do, it falls under the heading of ‘fighting at their best’.

Definitely true, but sometimes I think it's depending on the match up. As an example, people were arguing Orion punches and blasts in 90% of his fights, but while that's true, most of his fights are against opponents that works on. When facing abnormal situations, he typically fights less conventionally. Sometimes after punching and blasting have failed, but he's almost certainly going to try something else when that fails.

moral on cage wins

moral off beast boy turn into a fly go inside cage body then expand to a elephant? idk...

doubt it. or if he could he'd likely die in the process. unless he's able to affect him from the insides, not sure how bb wins.

^^^by affecting him from the inside.
He wouldnt have to kill him. Block the carotid artery for 5-10 seconds (like a blood choke), causing a hypoxic condition in the brain and Cage is KO’d.
Not everything needs to be blood lust.

Turning small and going inside Cage is like, the most anti-Beast Boy like thing I could think of for most incarnations. Very unlikely to occur. And might be useless: Cage is indestructible internally.

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Turning small and going inside Cage is like, the most anti-Beast Boy like thing I could think of for most incarnations. Very unlikely to occur. And might be useless: Cage is indestructible internally.
Its like you (and others) aren't actually reading what i’m saying.

The first part of your statement falls under “at their best” an argument thats made and accepted here daily.

The second, Cage’s invulnerability, external or in this case internal, isnt a factor in blocking the blood flow to the brain.
A tunnel carrying water can be made of the strongest material, and still be blocked by -much- less durable material.

Anyhow, i’ve made my case, and considering the lack of give and take on this site, or in some cases i’m sure, lack of reading comprehension, i’m not going to repeat it ad nauseum.

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
https://m.imgur.com/Z0B9CYi

Problem is, I'm pretty sure Care has had Ant Man shrink inside him and was unable to do anything inside....

When did Ant-Man do that?

Originally posted by Sin I AM
When did Ant-Man do that?

Only recall O'Grady entering WWH.

Riv,the only part that seems to be throwing people off is that Garfield doesn't think like a surgeon. He may not even be able to spell carotid artery. I mean if this were Reed Richards, or Valeria Richards, I can see something like this being one of his go to tactics. At the best of their fighting ability doesn't mean that we get a pass to alter their thought patterns, because in the mean time, Cage also gets a turn when or if Gar's turn to attack fails. What if Cage got the first attack in, and it manages to connect?

On average, Cage. All abilities, Beast Boy.

And yes Riv6672, you made excellent points. The other posters are focusing on skin/flesh/bone/muscle durability you are mentioning something else completely.

Becoming a microbe and destroying him via disease isn't the same thing as shrinking into a worm then expanding inside him. Two completely different methods of attack. Likewise, blocking blood flow to major organs for even a minute or two, which is basically an instant KO and if done longer guaranteed death, isn't the same as shrinking down into ant size and attempting to damage his internal organs via attacking them physically.

Originally posted by Stoic
Riv,the only part that seems to be throwing people off is that Garfield doesn't think like a surgeon. He may not even be able to spell carotid artery. I mean if this were Reed Richards, or Valeria Richards, I can see something like this being one of his go to tactics. At the best of their fighting ability doesn't mean that we get a pass to alter their thought patterns, because in the mean time, Cage also gets a turn when or if Gar's turn to attack fails. What if Cage got the first attack in, and it manages to connect?

I don't know if Riv is thinking similar to me, but the way I'm seeing Riv's argument would be something Beast Boy does eventually when other things fail. It's not uncommon for even the most intellectually mediocre heroes to figure outside the box tactics when they're struggling. I personally think the better argument would be Cage winning before BB figures that out than going, "That wouldn't be his opening move." It seems like someone brings up a way one could win, and people whether they're not thinking much about it or don't like it so trying to discredit it just go, "That wouldn't be how they start the fight!!"