Not counting Wonder Woman, who has the most powerful female villain(s)?

Started by riv66722 pages

Not counting Wonder Woman, who has the most powerful female villain(s)?

Really curious.

Didn’t know WonderWoman was a villain 🙂

Death (Marvel), she has shown desire and motivation to suggest to me she is a villains or anti hero
Jean Grey (IE dark Phoenix saga)
Enchantress (pretty much nearly destroyed Earth)
Hela

Not the the question i was asking but thanks.

Can you rephrase your question?

I'll be honest, I had to read that question a couple of times before I got it. I might be in the minority though.

I'm still trying to decide on a serious answer, but for now I've got Mutantkind and the Scarlet Witch.

😕

It took me awhile to even think of one heavyweight in Wondy's gallery.

Probably that's another reason she's historically done better in guest titles or Justice League works than her own.

No compelling adversaries.

Outside of Circe, other fill-in the-blank sorceresses or witches, and, in SOME incarnations, Cheetah ...?

Blackstarr probably tops the list of non-magic villains, after, of course, the X-Men's own Dark Phoenix. She was originally a spar of the powerful pre-crisis versions of Supergirl and Superman. Time-permitting, I'll provide some visuals later on ...

Originally posted by -Pr-
I'll be honest, I had to read that question a couple of times before I got it. I might be in the minority though.

I'm still trying to decide on a serious answer, but for now I've got Mutantkind and the Scarlet Witch.

Agreed his wording is off. But if riv is asking who has the most powerful villain not who it then it's Thor/Hela or maybe Thor/ Enchantress

After re-reading it, I know he isn’t asking for the villain

It has to X-men
SW, Jean (Phoenix)

I can’t think of stronger female villains.

Outside of that, we can argue for certain entity that appeared as “females”.

Geez, okay.
How about:
“What male hero has the most powerful female villain(s) in their rogues gallery?”

Originally posted by Sin I AM
Agreed his wording is off. But if riv is asking who has the most powerful villain not who it then it's Thor/Hela or maybe Thor/ Enchantress

Yeah thats what i meant, thank you. 👆

Thor, huh?

Originally posted by Sin I AM
Agreed his wording is off. But if riv is asking who has the most powerful villain not who it then it's Thor/Hela or maybe Thor/ Enchantress

Yeah, I eventually got that. Just took me a sec.

X-Men is still my answer right now.

I understood it straight away, I don't think his wording was unclear really. I think Thor or Superman as Hela, the Enchantress, Karnilla, Knorda, Loreli, Ursa, Faora, Silver Banshee, Blaze, Amazing Grace, Zaora etc. They both have loads of tough female villains who would give Wonderwoman a run for her money.

Originally posted by -Pr-
Yeah, I eventually got that. Just took me a sec.

X-Men is still my answer right now.

Jean isnt really a villian as DP. More like a force of nature like Galactus.

Originally posted by bluewaterrider

Blackstarr probably tops the list of non-magic villains, after, of course, the X-Men's own Dark Phoenix. She was originally a spar of the powerful pre-crisis versions of Supergirl and Superman. Time-permitting, I'll provide some visuals later on ...

Source: DC Comics Presents #86
Circa: 1985

Originally posted by Sin I AM
Jean isnt really a villian as DP. More like a force of nature like Galactus.

I was more thinking about Scarlet Witch after what she did to them, but I suppose she's not technically a villain.

Though personally, I do consider Dark Phoenix to be a villain, even if I don't consider the pure entity itself as one.

Weinstein

So no male heroes seem to have any major female villains in their individual galleries but Thor.
Thats nuts.

Originally posted by riv6672
So no male heroes seem to have any major female villains in their individual galleries but Thor.
Thats nuts.

There's a fair few men and women with herald-level female villains, but if you go above that the numbers do drop pretty sharply, yeah.

Hulk, with Betty yapping in his ear constantly. Women, amirite? *cracks open a cold beer*

On a more serious note, the question was succinctly and clearly put.

JLA with Gamanemnae and the Queen of Fables. Thor with the aforementioned Jela and Enchantress/Loki. Hercules has Hera and assorted Greek goddesses/monsters. Charles Xavier has Cassandra Nova.

And Batman has Poison Ivy. Who recently took control of the entire Earth....

Thor.

However, would Aegis LOAS count for Surfer?

One thing I've notice with a lot of female villains for male heroes, is that they become a love interest for the hero. Sometimes they start out that way like Star Sapphire/Hal or it happen laters Fatality/John, and they end up becoming anti-heroes or heroes for a while like Killer Frost/Firestorm.