But Doomsday isn't dumb. He methodically tears his opponent apart in most if not all showings and has been proven to be a legit speedster on Superman's level (There's no point in denying this). Superman was moving as fast as he could, which is within Majestic's speed range or better. Sword, or no Doomsday is just too vicious for Majestic.
Originally posted by Stoic
But Doomsday isn't dumb. He methodically tears his opponent apart in most if not all showings and has been proven to be a legit speedster on Superman's level (There's no point in denying this). Superman was moving as fast as he could, which is within Majestic's speed range or better. Sword, or no Doomsday is just too vicious for Majestic.
Never said he was dumb? Or denied that he had speed?
I was posing a thought experiment, which this entire forum is all about .....
At that point in time, Superman was amped tremendously before he even obtained the Mother Box. I've posted all this before, but...
Superman's natural powers were already MASSIVELY amped due to his exposure to Kryptonite X...
When Henshaw attempted to kill Supes via blasting him with k-nite, Eradicator jumped in the way of the blast before it directly touched Supes(essentially sacrificing himself), and the bleed-over energies then passed into Superman. After this happened, Supes was not only returned to full power, but he felt better than ever:
https://i.imgur.com/A5Fc715.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/ZUOr1em.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/IMFlneF.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/PpaVx4Q.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/JqED6sp.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/TL1K0F7.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/jsqwvoo.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/8uYRKnL.jpg
"I'm rejuvenated in a way I never thought possible! Something tells me I'll be able to handle anything better than ever!"
______________________________________
Soon thereafter(the same month/year the H/P arc began), it would be revealed that Superman had become immensely more powerful. Examples...
"Just tapped him a little... And he flew back like I hit him with my best haymaker!":
https://i.imgur.com/KgUftR4.jpg
"Even using as little effort as possible, I'm still stronger...faster...and more powerful than EVER before!":
https://i.imgur.com/vyiofCJ.jpg
______________________________________
Superman's amp was then expanded on...
Hamilton: "You're absorbing solar radiation --and OTHER energies-- much faster than EVER before! This is because you've been irradiated by something vaguely familiar to Kryptonite -- call it Kryptonite-X."
Superman: "The last time I was exposed to Kryptonite, it passed through the Eradiactor first... Recharging my powers instantly!"
Hamilton: "A bit of foreshadowing there, I'd say. Bluntly, there's no physical way to expend your energy fast enough. Your powers will keep increasing until your body can't contain them.":
https://i.imgur.com/O04ni6h.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/kuppq8g.jpg
______________________________________
Superman himself mentioned his increased power during the H/P arc(before he had even obtained a MotherBox)...
"I'm BETTER than before, too! STRONGER.":
https://i.imgur.com/DNjZeeh.jpg
______________________________________
His amplified power during the H/P-era was reinforced again here...
"After his recovery, [Superman] was stronger than EVER. Good thing, too -- 'cause Doomsday had cheated death as well! Even with the EXTRA power, he still needed some gizmo called a 'Mother Box' to HELP HIM stand up to Doomsday.":
https://i.imgur.com/xTntuCb.jpg
So as you can see- during the events of the H/P arc, Superman's natural abilities were hyper-amped to such an extent that he compared the power behind his LIGHTEST TAP to that of his BEST HAYMAKER before the amp.. And what was his BEST HAYMAKER previously? I'd say it was undoubtedly the final blow he used to 'kill' DoS Doomsday:
https://i.imgur.com/6dZAU4m.jpg
...Food for thought.
______________________________________
That being said, MotherBox sensed the threat H/P Doomsday posed, and amped/equipped Superman specifically to handle him. IOW, it was an AMP on top of Superman's existing AMP:
https://i.imgur.com/4RGKnUR.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/9SoKBzh.jpg
"MotherBox sensed the situation, and armed me for battle with Doomsday! [...] Hopefully I've caught up to Doomsday's next level of evolution!"
...Yet even with two HUGE amps, Superman's full-force strike with a New Genosian sword caused, what? A petty gash that was a few inches deep? Not saying that DD could soak the Creation Blades, but I'm positive that it would take Majestic a LOT more effort to hack off entire limbs(and subsequently get through bones that can endure Entropy) than most probably think.
Originally posted by Galan007
At that point in time, Superman was amped tremendously before he even obtained the Mother Box. I've posted all this before, but...Superman's natural powers were already MASSIVELY amped due to his exposure to Kryptonite X...
When Henshaw attempted to kill Supes via blasting him with k-nite, Eradicator jumped in the way of the blast before it directly touched Supes(essentially sacrificing himself), and the bleed-over energies then passed into Superman. After this happened, Supes was not only returned to full power, but he felt better than ever:
https://i.imgur.com/A5Fc715.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/ZUOr1em.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/IMFlneF.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/PpaVx4Q.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/JqED6sp.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/TL1K0F7.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/jsqwvoo.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/8uYRKnL.jpg
"I'm rejuvenated in a way I never thought possible! Something tells me I'll be able to handle anything better than ever!"
______________________________________Soon thereafter(the same month/year the H/P arc began), it would be revealed that Superman had become immensely more powerful. Examples...
"Just tapped him a little... And he flew back like I hit him with my best haymaker!":
https://i.imgur.com/KgUftR4.jpg"Even using as little effort as possible, I'm still stronger...faster...and more powerful than EVER before!":
https://i.imgur.com/vyiofCJ.jpg
______________________________________Superman's amp was then expanded on...
Hamilton: "You're absorbing solar radiation --and OTHER energies-- much faster than EVER before! This is because you've been irradiated by something vaguely familiar to Kryptonite -- call it Kryptonite-X."
Superman: "The last time I was exposed to Kryptonite, it passed through the Eradiactor first... Recharging my powers instantly!"
Hamilton: "A bit of foreshadowing there, I'd say. Bluntly, there's no physical way to expend your energy fast enough. Your powers will keep increasing until your body can't contain them.":
https://i.imgur.com/O04ni6h.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/kuppq8g.jpg
______________________________________Superman himself mentioned his increased power during the H/P arc(before he had even obtained a MotherBox)...
"I'm BETTER than before, too! STRONGER.":
https://i.imgur.com/DNjZeeh.jpg
______________________________________His amplified power during the H/P-era was reinforced again here...
"After his recovery, [Superman] was stronger than EVER. Good thing, too -- 'cause Doomsday had cheated death as well! Even with the EXTRA power, he still needed some gizmo called a 'Mother Box' to HELP HIM stand up to Doomsday.":
https://i.imgur.com/xTntuCb.jpgSo as you can see- during the events of the H/P arc, Superman's natural abilities were hyper-amped to such an extent that he compared the power behind his LIGHTEST TAP to that of his BEST HAYMAKER before the amp.. And what was his BEST HAYMAKER previously? I'd say it was undoubtedly the final blow he used to 'kill' DoS Doomsday:
https://i.imgur.com/6dZAU4m.jpg...Food for thought.
______________________________________That being said, MotherBox sensed the threat H/P Doomsday posed, and amped/equipped Superman specifically to handle him. IOW, it was an AMP on top of Superman's existing AMP:
https://i.imgur.com/4RGKnUR.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/9SoKBzh.jpg
"MotherBox sensed the situation, and armed me for battle with Doomsday! [...] Hopefully I've caught up to Doomsday's next level of evolution!"...Yet even with two HUGE amps, Superman's full-force strike with a New Genosian sword caused, what? A petty gash that was a few inches deep? Not saying that DD could soak the Creation Blades, but I'm positive that it would take Majestic a LOT more effort to hack off entire limbs(and subsequently get through bones that can endure Entropy) than most probably think.
what tier would you rank HP DD at
beautiful post Galan 👆
I agree mb amped superman to a high degree
but we do need to establish baseline strength for mullet superman though. late 90s early 00s superman still need help pulling the earth, let's just say with motherbox and kryptonite x amp he can pull the mass of 10 earths
majestic moved jupiter which is over 300 times the mass of earth...
that's just strength
there's also superior speed, weaponry, fighting skill
Originally posted by MrMindThat's just it, though.
beautiful post Galan 👆I agree mb amped superman to a high degree
but we do need to establish baseline strength for mullet superman though. late 90s early 00s superman still need help pulling the earth, let's just say with motherbox and kryptonite x amp he can pull the mass of 10 earths
majestic moved jupiter which is over 300 times the mass of earth...
that's just strength
there's also superior speed, weaponry, fighting skill
During the H/P era, Superman was already massively amped(due to his exposure to Kryptonite-X), to the point where he was comparing a light "tap" at the time, to his "best haymaker" before the amp. He also said that he was stronger than ever before, even when using "as little effort as possible."
So if you want to be absolutely literal, then you could argue that a mere tap from this amped Superman = the punch that killed DoS Doomsday. But that's neither here nor there...
My only point is: that is the level of power that Superman was packing when the H/P arc began... Then he stacked the MB amp on top of it. He was retardedly OP at the time, yet H/P Doomsday still ragdolled him casually.
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Superman did a double handed swing with the sword, and 'didn't let up' with a HV blast, and all it did was faze him 'for a few seconds'
Creation blades are *supposed* to be the ultimate cutting weapon though, from what I've heard. Like the swords from anime shows, but better.
Of course, we'd need to see some feats of theirs... the description alone might not be enough?