Pre 52 Aquaman gives both adversaries a seizure with TP (ah la white martians).
Originally posted by beatboks
Pre 52 Aquaman gives both adversaries a seizure with TP (ah la white martians).
Encrypted links don't work, my dude.
But I know which instance you're talking about. Stupid fish part of the brain nonsense, lol.
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Encrypted links don't work, my dude.But I know which instance you're talking about. Stupid fish part of the brain nonsense, lol.
The part of the brain they say his TP works on (Basal ganglia)
actually has nothing to do with fish, it has more to do with lower brain function, motor control, outonomic response.
The way I see it, it makes sense. When your power is to telepathically control species that dont have intelligence it makes sense that it works on the automotive part of the brain. Its also supposed to control what is allowed into the higher brain or just reacted to. Every creature has a Basal ganglia from those with intelligence to the most primitive. So it fits within his powerset
The whole "basal ganglia" thing isn't technically wrong; it's a part of the brain that's been part of evolution going back almost to the very start.
That said, Aquaman stopped being only a marine telepath in the early 90s. Post-Crisis Aquaman is a full-on telepath that can affect all kinds of people, and has plenty of feats to show for it.
That said, I don't know Spider-Man's TP defences, and even top-tier telepaths have trouble affecting Logan, so I'm not sure TP is really the way to go.
Things like magic, though? They'd work just fine if he still has that trident of his. Though I see now that they arent in the OP.
==
I for real thought the title of the thread was "Pr and New Aquaman". I was like wtf.
Originally posted by carver9
I was hoping people wouldn't resort to telepathy as an argument. Its obvious I wanted this to be completely physical.
That's not what obvious means.
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
I always thought Wolverine was resistant to mind reading and control , whereas Aquamans is a lot more simplistic and less finesse.A scalpel Vs a sledgehammer, if you will.
Peter David tended to go the sledgehammer route, yeah. Though there were exceptions, like when he worked on the brains of Doctor Polaris and Manta to try helping their mental illnesses.
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
It's also obvious that one showing in 100 years doesn't mean shit...Especially since Wolverine has plenty of tp defenses --- courtesy of Charles Xavier, Rachel Grey, Hank McCoy and his berserker nature.
Arthur had a shite load more than 1 TP affecting humans. And the "sledgehammer" TP compared to scalpel example put up by DS has a lot of support. Arthur was able to TP dominate an entity that MMH couldnt even read until Arthur's sledgehammer TP rattled her defences.
He could casually get through magical mental defences
Telepathically he can control eons old entities that have controlled others
He was able to TP connect to the oldest race in existance when MMH couldnt.
There are hundreds of better TP instances of Arthur affecting non sea life than the white martians. Also TP resistance has been shown several times to fall before his TP.