Who's the best of the superman copy clones?

Started by lawest91 pages

Who's the best of the superman copy clones?

Gladiator
Hyperion ( various of them )
Sentry
Supreme
Majestic
Apollo
Thragg
Martian Manhunter
Capt. Marvel ( Billy )
Allen the Alien
Omni-Man
Plutonian
Others?

Originally posted by lawest9
Gladiator
Hyperion ( various of them )
Sentry
Supreme
Majestic
Apollo
Thragg
Martian Manhunter
Capt. Marvel ( Billy )
Allen the Alien
Omni-Man
Plutonian
Others?

Not Supreme. Read the entire pre Alan Moore run, he was a terrible disjointed mess.

Moore and post Moore is less a real character, and more a meta story.

In terms of what?

Kind of tough to pick one as its mainly a subjective question. And I do also think some characters have outgrown the Superman clone comments. Sentry for instance I think has certainly had a varied lore that has separated himself from Superman as opposed to someone like Gladiator who was very much inspired by Superman.

Like can Manhunter even be considered a clone of Superman?

In terms of everything

Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
Kind of tough to pick one as its mainly a subjective question. And I do also think some characters have outgrown the Superman clone comments. Sentry for instance I think has certainly had a varied lore that has separated himself from Superman as opposed to someone like Gladiator who was very much inspired by Superman.

Like can Manhunter even be considered a clone of Superman?

I think so because much of his origin and powers are very similar to Superman.

Originally posted by lawest9
I think so because much of his origin and powers are very similar to Superman.

Trouble there in my opinion is that you could essentially call any character that flies and is strong a clone. Like Gabriel Shepherd could be considered a clone in that case.

Thragg is more like Zod.

Originally posted by lawest9
In terms of everything
Sentry [original series/one-shots, good stable guy] - closest in terms of character and day to day [i.e. non balls to the wall crisis event] power level/status [combined] as far as Supes in Marvel would go.

Supreme/Hyperion- closest in terms of blatant copycat but also with good stories

Majestic, Captain Marvel - based on, but not copy/paste, with good stories

Apollo, Omni-Man, Plutonian - edgy pastiche [though Majestic can also go here]

Gladiator - useless copycat that serves no purpose

Allen the Alien, Martian Manhunter are not exactly copy cats.

Thragg is a Zod pastiche.

Hmmmmm........

Originally posted by lawest9
Gladiator
Hyperion ( various of them )
Sentry
Supreme
Majestic
Apollo
Thragg
Martian Manhunter
Capt. Marvel ( Billy )
Allen the Alien
Omni-Man
Plutonian
Others?

Gladiator, Hyperion, Supreme, Majestic. The rest don't really qualify any higher than Wonder Man would in terms of having a whole lot in common with Superman's power set.

I guess I could look it up but Pastiche means just as far as the artwork goes right?

Im going with Phil's except I think Sentry is useless and I dont think Glads is completely useless but I dont remember him having any good stories or actually being imperative to anything.

Jon is the best copycat as he has surpassed the original

Mon-El.

Superboy thought they were brothers at first.

Originally posted by lawest9
Gladiator
Hyperion ( various of them )
Sentry
Supreme
Majestic
Apollo
Thragg
Martian Manhunter
Capt. Marvel ( Billy )
Allen the Alien
Omni-Man
Plutonian
Others?
Miracleman although he is a Captain Marvel Clone who is a Superman inspired character more than a clone.

Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
Miracleman although he is a Captain Marvel Clone who is a Superman inspired character more than a clone.

👆

Nobody mentioned Bizarro. You guys are the best.

Sun God (Zoran)