Originally posted by HumbleServant
Is Kingdom Come Captain Marvel stronger than mainstream Superman?
You gotta remember, the only reason Billy was a threat in KC was due to the fact Superman had absorbed so much sunlight, by then he was immune to Kryptonite. Magic was the only thing he had going for him.
So the fight they had is not really indicative of his strength level.
I think they were both equals. The narration said that Captain Marvel was the only one, who was able to match Superman move by move. It also said that Superman couldn't get away from Captain Marvel.
We saw them fight evenly. Captain Marvel got the upper hand with the lightning, but underestimated Supermans speed. I don't think that Superman is faster though, since Captain Marvel outraced him, while Superman was on his way to stop a nuke.
So Superman and Captain Marvel were well above the rest of the characters in that story. But power levels in those stories were weird anyway. Power Girl died from a nuke. Didn't Supergirl also die from it? Superman was left standing. Captain Marvel died as well, but at that point he was reverted back to his human form. I'm curious if he would have survived the nuke as Captain Marvel. I'm curious if Superman would have been able to survive the nuke point blank. I doubt it.
But yeah, I'd give this Captain Marvel a 6/10 over this Superman. Mainly due to equal stats and the massive lightning advantage. Captain Marvels lightning hurt Superman way more than Superman lasering Captain Marvels head did.
Originally posted by Delta1938
No.
Agreed that feats are by far in mainstream Supermans corner.
But what about the JSA KC Superman, mainstream, and Atlas, and scaling that to KC Cap? Thanos doesn't exactly have any lifting feats himself compared to Thor, most still consider him stronger for manhandling Thor level characters.
Originally posted by cdtm
Agreed that feats are by far in mainstream Supermans corner.But what about the JSA KC Superman, mainstream, and Atlas, and scaling that to KC Cap? Thanos doesn't exactly have any lifting feats himself compared to Thor, most still consider him stronger for manhandling Thor level characters.
People will argue Hercules ignoring one was braced, the other not. But Gog is telling. Superman was wrecking Gog until impaled and injected with liquefied Kryptonite. KC Superman got one-shot by Gog. Even after Superman had Kryptonite in him he did at least as well with minor help from the Teen Titans(mostly Conner) than KC Superman did backed by a JSA lineup that included two members of the Flash Family, Power Girl and Alan Scott(was a much bigger lineup, but those were the heavy hitters).
Not sure what you mean by Atlas. Was he in KINGDOM COME and I don't recall? If so should be a different Atlas than Superman fought, and that would be an invalid compaeison anyways given the satellites involved.
Originally posted by Delta1938
People will argue Hercules ignoring one was braced, the other not. But Gog is telling. Superman was wrecking Gog until impaled and injected with liquefied Kryptonite. KC Superman got one-shot by Gog. Even after Superman had Kryptonite in him he did at least as well with minor help from the Teen Titans(mostly Conner) than KC Superman did backed by a JSA lineup that included two members of the Flash Family, Power Girl and Alan Scott(was a much bigger lineup, but those were the heavy hitters).Not sure what you mean by Atlas. Was he in KINGDOM COME and I don't recall? If so should be a different Atlas than Superman fought, and that would be an invalid compaeison anyways given the satellites involved.
*Slaps self on forehead* It must have been herc.
Removed the indestructible lions cloak, a Hercules item.
Originally posted by Delta1938
So your memory failed you again?
I wasn't kidding when I called it shite. 🙂
Atlas was the guy under what's his face's pen. The one who wrote the critically acclaimed Starman series following Jack Knight....
........JAMES ROBINSON. Yeah, it was James who wrote Atlas.
...wait, sorry. Samson. That was Samson. ****.
Originally posted by cdtm
I wasn't kidding when I called it shite. 🙂Atlas was the guy under what's his face's pen. The one who wrote the critically acclaimed Starman series following Jack Knight....
........JAMES ROBINSON. Yeah, it was James who wrote Atlas.
...wait, sorry. Samson. That was Samson. ****.
Yes, I'm aware of Atlas. Read the 1ST ISSUE SPECIAL comic. He was later used as a Superman villain. But I wasn't sure if you were talking about he was in KINGDOM COME and fought either Superman or Captain Marvel and I didn't remember, and comparing that to when Superman in a NEW KRYPTON related story fought Atlas.
And that is where I was pointing out an invalid comparison. If Atlas was in KINGDOM COME, different universe. And on top of that, there were multiple satellites secretly hitting Superman with different Magick effects when he fought Atlas, so it had context people like to ignore.