Odin and Zeus vs Galactus

Started by lawest92 pages

Odin and Zeus vs Galactus

Classic versions of both Skyfathers but at their most powerful for this battle, Galactus is well fed, so do the two have enough to compete, no bfr, who wins this?

I still don’t think I see Zeus putting it over the top on a well fed Galactus.

Originally posted by Juntai
I still don’t think I see Zeus putting it over the top on a well fed Galactus.

I dunno. Thor alone did it to a Galactus who had gorged on planets in preparation to take on the Black Winter. That was just Thor with a power cosmic upgrade.

This is two skyfathers, who combined would be considerably more powerful than Thor with a power cosmic boost.

I think the two skyfathers would take this to be honest.

CK Thor may have been able to solo all three though.

Originally posted by Juntai
I still don’t think I see Zeus putting it over the top on a well fed Galactus.

Nah, Galactus is the biggest jobber this side of rhino lol. He gets his ass kicked, again.

Originally posted by GalacticStorm
I dunno. Thor alone did it to a Galactus who had gorged on planets in preparation to take on the Black Winter. That was just Thor with a power cosmic upgrade.

This is two skyfathers, who combined would be considerably more powerful than Thor with a power cosmic boost.

I think the two skyfathers would take this to be honest.

That's an interesting thought.

Originally posted by GalacticStorm
I dunno. Thor alone did it to a Galactus who had gorged on planets in preparation to take on the Black Winter. That was just Thor with a power cosmic upgrade.

This is two skyfathers, who combined would be considerably more powerful than Thor with a power cosmic boost.

I think the two skyfathers would take this to be honest.

It wasn't "just Thor", as he had the Odinforce, too. Which was a surprisingly powerful mix together with the Power Cosmic.

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
It wasn't "just Thor", as he had the Odinforce, too. Which was a surprisingly powerful mix together with the Power Cosmic.

Well aware of that. Thors had the Odinforce for years now, so its his standard repertoire, not a temporary boost, so we're passed the point of saying Thor plus Odinpower, its now just Thor.

However Classic Thor (pre Odinforce) plus a power cosmic upgrade is still less potent than classic Zeus or Odin individually imo. So current Thor plus power cosmic would be less than Odin and Zeus combined by that logic.

Galactus.

We've seen how Odin and Galactus compare both against eachother and against common enemies.

Galactus didnt even try to fight Odin, Odin tried to telepathic battle him and it didnt go so well, so he charged him and knocked himself out. Galactus never even bothered to attack.

We also saw how they've compared against Celestials. Galactus took on a group of Mad Celestials and even killed one, and the others felt the need to combine into one to challenge his power.

Odin wore the destroyer powered with every soul of Asgard and the Oversword, and got absolutely bodied.

I'm not sure I buy into the CKThor's performance somehow weighing in as leverage in this battle.

Though, I don't really have a dog in the fight, so I could be convinced of anything if someone brings it.

Originally posted by Juntai
We've seen how Odin and Galactus compare both against eachother and against common enemies.

Galactus didnt even try to fight Odin, Odin tried to telepathic battle him and it didnt go so well, so he charged him and knocked himself out. Galactus never even bothered to attack.

We also saw how they've compared against Celestials. Galactus took on a group of Mad Celestials and even killed one, and the others felt the need to combine into one to challenge his power.

Odin wore the destroyer powered with every soul of Asgard and the Oversword, and got absolutely bodied.

I'm not sure I buy into the CKThor's performance somehow weighing in as leverage in this battle.

Though, I don't really have a dog in the fight, so I could be convinced of anything if someone brings it.

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Galactus fight with Celestials an alternate universe one where the power levels can be different from their 616 counterparts?

Originally posted by lawest9
Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Galactus fight with Celestials an alternate universe one where the power levels can be different from their 616 counterparts?
The Celestials came from another universe, but the Celestials like abstracts such as Eternity or LT, exist in all universes at the same time.

Originally posted by Juntai
We've seen how Odin and Galactus compare both against eachother and against common enemies.

Galactus didnt even try to fight Odin, Odin tried to telepathic battle him and it didnt go so well, so he charged him and knocked himself out. Galactus never even bothered to attack.

We also saw how they've compared against Celestials. Galactus took on a group of Mad Celestials and even killed one, and the others felt the need to combine into one to challenge his power.

Odin wore the destroyer powered with every soul of Asgard and the Oversword, and got absolutely bodied.

I'm not sure I buy into the CKThor's performance somehow weighing in as leverage in this battle.

Though, I don't really have a dog in the fight, so I could be convinced of anything if someone brings it.


Odin and Galactus were both knocked out tbh and that Galactus was amped on 4 planets.

Remember the good old days when the Skyfaters couldn't stand up to the Celestials even with 1,000 years of prep time.

Thor #300.

I'd still bet on Galactus.

Originally posted by abhilegend
Odin and Galactus were both knocked out tbh and that Galactus was amped on 4 planets.
I mean he fell from the sky, but then stood up and was completely healed from his helmet cracking.

Originally posted by Juntai
I mean he fell from the sky, but then stood up and was completely healed from his helmet cracking.

No, there were several pages before he stood up. He was definitely knocked out.

Originally posted by Astner
Remember the good old days when the Skyfaters couldn't stand up to the Celestials even with 1,000 years of prep time.

Thor #300.

I'd still bet on Galactus.


Celestials were a step up above Galactus at that time and Odin was supposed to be weaker outside Asgard.

That explains why he got smacked so bad then.

Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Well aware of that. Thors had the Odinforce for years now, so its his standard repertoire, not a temporary boost, so we're passed the point of saying Thor plus Odinpower, its now just Thor.

Three years = nothing in comics.

He got it on the beginning of that run and got 100% of the Odinforce later (#22), so it is important for us to make a distinction.

Also, he's likely to lose it again, as it happened before and everything always goes back to the old status quo in comics.

Originally posted by GalacticStorm
However Classic Thor (pre Odinforce) plus a power cosmic upgrade is still less potent than classic Zeus or Odin individually imo. So current Thor plus power cosmic would be less than Odin and Zeus combined by that logic.

Galactus claimed to have been more powerful than ever (which would technically include him merging with Gah Lak Tus or his time as the Lifebringer), so it is a safe bet the energies of Odinforce and Power Cosmic reacted together elevating Thor way above a simple sum of both.

Originally posted by Juntai
That explains why he got smacked so bad then.

Yes, the letters page stated that Thor was more powerful than Odin outside Asgard.