Life After The Theatre!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mardook
There is a big trend in Special Edition, Director's Cut/Edition DVD's coming out. Out of all the movies that has come out... which ones are you most excited about?! And which ones should come out with Special or Director's Cut Edition DVD's.

Here's my list!

01. Indiana Jones Trilogy: Am excited about this one. Its about damned time. I happen to think the second one is better than the 3rd one. The 1st is the best of them all though. I wonder if they'll include that fan made shot for shot version I heard of circling around the net.
02. Alien Quadrilogy Set: I already have the previous release. However, this one will finally make it complete. I am looking forward mostly to the extened cut of Alien3.
03. Star Wars: Original Trilogy: This should've been already out but George wants to keep us waiting. Oh well... what's another 3 - 4 years right?!
04. Willow: I heard and seen some rumours on the net of extras scenes that weren't included in the Special Edition release. This is totally stupid! I think George will announce later down the line that he is releasing another DVD release of this.
05. Deep Impact: This movie would've been so better with the original intent of showing the Earth being destroyed. Unsubstantiated rumours aside... we all know Paramount will re-release this one in the future.

Kes
Isnt there a new SW edition out already? With some new scenes and a better photography?blink

yerssot
that's the Special Edition of the Old (original) Trilogy on VHS, the Star Wars Trilogy isn't out on DVD yet, kes

Kes
Oh well sinse I dont have a DVD stick out tongue

yerssot
I was trying to help sad

Kes
lol wink

mardook
"Shudders" Yes... the one with the horrible looking CGI Jabba! sick

Glipt
I want a special edition of David Lynch's Dune. Origonally Lynch had it around the 3 hour or more mark but the studio forced him to cut it. Therefore the disjointed feel and the "What the heck was that?". A 3 hour 'Alan Smithee' version hacked together by some tv station exists which shows much more footage but of course is not widescreen and quality is poor. A special DVD or better an IMAX DMR release would ROCK.

yerssot
and still a crappy rancor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.