KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Life After The Theatre!

Life After The Theatre!
Started by: mardook

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
mardook
Easier said than done!

Barf Life After The Theatre!

There is a big trend in Special Edition, Director's Cut/Edition DVD's coming out. Out of all the movies that has come out... which ones are you most excited about?! And which ones should come out with Special or Director's Cut Edition DVD's.

Here's my list!

01. Indiana Jones Trilogy: Am excited about this one. Its about damned time. I happen to think the second one is better than the 3rd one. The 1st is the best of them all though. I wonder if they'll include that fan made shot for shot version I heard of circling around the net.
02. Alien Quadrilogy Set: I already have the previous release. However, this one will finally make it complete. I am looking forward mostly to the extened cut of Alien3.
03. Star Wars: Original Trilogy: This should've been already out but George wants to keep us waiting. Oh well... what's another 3 - 4 years right?!
04. Willow: I heard and seen some rumours on the net of extras scenes that weren't included in the Special Edition release. This is totally stupid! I think George will announce later down the line that he is releasing another DVD release of this.
05. Deep Impact: This movie would've been so better with the original intent of showing the Earth being destroyed. Unsubstantiated rumours aside... we all know Paramount will re-release this one in the future.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2003 09:23 AM
mardook is currently offline Click here to Send mardook a Private Message Find more posts by mardook Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

Re: Life After The Theatre!

quote:
Originally posted by mardook
03. Star Wars: Original Trilogy: This should've been already out but George wants to keep us waiting. Oh well... what's another 3 - 4 years right?!

Isnt there a new SW edition out already? With some new scenes and a better photography?blink

Old Post Sep 27th, 2003 02:27 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

that's the Special Edition of the Old (original) Trilogy on VHS, the Star Wars Trilogy isn't out on DVD yet, kes

Old Post Sep 27th, 2003 02:52 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

Oh well sinse I dont have a DVD stick out tongue

Old Post Sep 27th, 2003 05:13 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

I was trying to help sad

Old Post Sep 27th, 2003 05:51 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

lol wink

Old Post Sep 27th, 2003 06:25 PM
mardook
Easier said than done!

quote:
Originally posted by yerssot
that's the Special Edition of the Old (original) Trilogy on VHS, the Star Wars Trilogy isn't out on DVD yet, kes

"Shudders" Yes... the one with the horrible looking CGI Jabba! sick

Old Post Sep 28th, 2003 04:03 AM
mardook is currently offline Click here to Send mardook a Private Message Find more posts by mardook Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Glipt

I want a special edition of David Lynch's Dune. Origonally Lynch had it around the 3 hour or more mark but the studio forced him to cut it. Therefore the disjointed feel and the "What the heck was that?". A 3 hour 'Alan Smithee' version hacked together by some tv station exists which shows much more footage but of course is not widescreen and quality is poor. A special DVD or better an IMAX DMR release would ROCK.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2003 08:02 PM
Glipt is currently offline Click here to Send Glipt a Private Message Find more posts by Glipt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

and still a crappy rancor

Old Post Sep 28th, 2003 09:42 PM