"were gonna need a biger boat" what did u think of jaws?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

el_barto
i loved it

el_barto
wow thats alot of ppl that voted roll eyes (sarcastic)

el_barto
wtf ppl vote

Evil Dead
Jaws is one of the best movies ever made...................

el_barto
god damnit VOTE im gettin pissed off here

Curl_Up&Dye
The original was the best, 2 was alright, 3 was so-so...but they really should have stopped after that
4 and 5 sucked....i guess the Jaws movies went downhill after the first...as do most movies sad

vvvrulz
I actually thought it was kinda dumb. But thats probably cos i saw it after many other 'shark' flicks. It mustve been great for its time seeing it was the first of its kind.

drewbiefan
I want to seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee thisstick out tonguestick out tonguestick out tongue
Anyone know of a website where i can get it dirt cheap? laughing out loud

Impediment
No, but it's cheap as hell on dvd right now in most any retail store. I'm guessing less than $15 for the 25th anniversary edition. You'll love this movie. It's classic.

Dusty
You'll be afraid of water, afterwards.

bakerboy
A masterpiece, plain and simple. The first summer blockbuster, one of the best horror films of all time, a amazing direction by spielberg, amazing acting by roy sheyder , richard dreyfus and specially robert shaw, an incredible music by john williams and one of the first movies scaring you without seeing the monster. One of my favourites movies of all time.

Mr Parker
I agree with everything that both Bakerboy and curl up&dye said.I never even knew there was a jaws 4 or 5.

Impediment
There is a Jaws 4 (Jaws: The Revenge) but there isn't a part 5.

EPIIIBITES
Really special film...for some reason when I'm flipping through the channels and it's on, I can't stop watching it...

...maybe it's cause of the acting. It actually has some very solid acting all around. Everybody's performance is real and solid.

...or maybe it's becasue it's extremely well paced. Dunno...just a great film.

Ultraman Baltan
Originally posted by el_barto
wtf ppl vote

You closed the poll, dumbass.

Anyways, one of the best films ever. The beginning scene actually scared the stuffing out of me. My heart was pumping, and when that girl screamed, my face turned pale.

bakerboy
Jaws was a masterpiece. Jaws 2 was ok, jaws 3 and 4 were garbage.

The Core
Originally posted by Ultraman Baltan
You closed the poll, dumbass.

That post was over 3 years old.

soin2cal
I am not in USA LOL! stick out tongue

Anyway i managed to get this cheap off ebay, although a region 1. I watched this yesterday, i think it is a good movie! A classic definitelybig grin I did not actually love it, but it is one of very few that i have seen and have gotten addicted to. I think i will end up loving this loads by watching it over and over though. It has a really addictive plot/storyline which i could keep seeing over and over againbig grin I knew i would like this and am certainly glad i bought it!
What about the others? My dad says the sequels are rubbish.

Bicnarok
Wanted to vote but the vote has ended, you must have time limited it.

Jaws was brilliant, about time it was remade, but I doubt any newer eye candy rich movie will match Jaws the original

amity75
It's an incredible film and it actually hasn't dated even considering people wear flares and have ridiculous 70's hair. It all makes it look like a period piece. I try and watch it a couple of times a year and my username is a tribute to it.

tabby999
First one was genius, second one was pretty fine really, then it all becomes....bleh. For a movie thats star spent most of the time not working it did much better than Pearl Harbour.

soin2cal
so number 2 appealed to you? it looks good.

amity75
Number 2 was great. As long as Roy Schneider was on screen.

soin2cal
Thats exactly what i think, but my dad thinks opositemessed
Trailer looks pretty similar to the first one in my opinion.

tabby999
Well you can only have so many new ways of having a shark attacking a boat, but it is pretty good, just not when you hold it up to the first.

ToMacco
Movies arn't made any better than the original "Jaws".

soin2cal
Many prefer not to see another movie if its so alike to the first, though im gagging to see another movie like the first so i may love thisbig grin

ToMacco
Originally posted by soin2cal
Many prefer not to see another movie if its so alike to the first, though im gagging to see another movie like the first so i may love thisbig grin

. . . . what? sad

Just. . . . . . just watch Jaws, brother. embarrasment It's cool.

soin2cal
Well i agree. There is a certain catch with the original version, which many movies do not have. However i may happen to enjoy the storyline of the second and maybe the others as i am into thrillers, but also family style movies aswell. I think theyre always going to be good whilst roy schneider is in the scene. Then maybe they get boring after that.
I have actually ordered the second movie as you really are tempted into seeing it after seeing the first haha.
What do you guys think of the 3rd and 4th?

Yuna_And_Tidus
Originally posted by el_barto
i loved it
Probably about 30 other JAWS threads have been created...check before you make it.

soin2cal
Jaws 1 - superb!
Jaws 2- quite good
Jaws 3 - quite good
Jaws 4 - rubbish!

Solo
It's one of the best.

soin2cal
??

LifeInSepia
i liked the film. its only a PG in england though. (which means parental guidance, it may not be suitable for some, its up to the responsible adult to watch it first)

HellasBloke
Jaws was my first 'scary' movie ever. I was a little one when I saw it. I LOVE the movie, always have always will. It's what made me love scary movies I reckon.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.