The Flame Saber-Rumor Or Fact?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

theEviljedi
I'm sure many of you have heard of the "Flame Saber" rumor lately,right? Well it just might be true. Look here-www.starwars.com/episode-...t/2000/38/ If you look closely at the top edge of Tyrannus'/Dooku's red saber swoosh you can see that it is orange.I guess Lucas is keeping the trend of having Sith Lords use unique lightsabers. smile

UnknownBountyHunter
A flame would contain yellow and orange, not the pinkish-red color EJ smile

theEviljedi
Go to TheForce.Net,they explain it more throughly.

UnknownBountyHunter
Then why not link us to the force.net smile Sorry but that picture proves nothing really.

theEviljedi
Alright then. Here is where the main discussions are-boards.theforce.net/messa...replies=42
boards.theforce.net/messa...replies=80

queeq
I still think it is mere speculation at this time. Where did the concept of "flame sabre" come from anyway?

queeq abides

Dim
Actually I could very likely be the flame saber..The only difference between red and pink is the amount of white (light) in it.. And the fact that there's yellow in the saber as the top blade and but not at the bottome tells me that it's most likely a two toned saber.

queeq
Then again, it could be anything. There is so little we really see...

queeq abides

Darth Daft
As this select image was made BEFORE post-production had begun, then how could it be a real still from the film. I mean they couldn't have really added the lightsabre blade on using computer yet.
I believe that that image is a sort of fake made by John Knoll, just to confuse us.
And although the idea of a flame sabre does indeed seem pretty cool, if it was being moved through the air very fast it would sort of bend back, whereas in the select image the blade seems rather straight.

Dim
Well, the blade is supposed to be straight. It's the handle that's curved. And I remember a spy report that in some scenes they were actually using sticks that light up...so that the have a realistic light casting on the characters. I would think that they would definately want to do that if they have a two toned saber because the effect of the lighting on it's surrounding would be more complex and would be harder to make look realistic.

queeq
I read that the "flame sabre" also has a different sound, more like swishing sound. Burtt is supposed to have a hard time making the proper sound.

queeq abides

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.