KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » The Flame Saber-Rumor Or Fact?

The Flame Saber-Rumor Or Fact?
Started by: theEvilJedi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
theEvilJedi

The Flame Saber-Rumor Or Fact?

I'm sure many of you have heard of the "Flame Saber" rumor lately,right? Well it just might be true. Look here-www.starwars.com/episode-...t/2000/38/ If you look closely at the top edge of Tyrannus'/Dooku's red saber swoosh you can see that it is orange.I guess Lucas is keeping the trend of having Sith Lords use unique lightsabers. smile

Obi-Wan Kenobi: (Looks up at his chains) "Good job!"

Old Post Jan 6th, 2001 10:34 AM
Click here to Send theEvilJedi a Private Message Find more posts by theEvilJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UnknownBountyHunter

A flame would contain yellow and orange, not the pinkish-red color EJ smile

Old Post Jan 6th, 2001 11:27 AM
Click here to Send UnknownBountyHunter a Private Message Find more posts by UnknownBountyHunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theEvilJedi

Go to TheForce.Net,they explain it more throughly.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2001 11:31 AM
Click here to Send theEvilJedi a Private Message Find more posts by theEvilJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UnknownBountyHunter

Then why not link us to the force.net smile Sorry but that picture proves nothing really.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2001 11:32 AM
Click here to Send UnknownBountyHunter a Private Message Find more posts by UnknownBountyHunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theEvilJedi

Alright then. Here is where the main discussions are-boards.theforce.net/messa...replies=42
boards.theforce.net/messa...replies=80

Old Post Jan 6th, 2001 11:37 AM
queeq
Chaos

I still think it is mere speculation at this time. Where did the concept of "flame sabre" come from anyway?

queeq abides

Old Post Jan 6th, 2001 06:01 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

Actually I could very likely be the flame saber..The only difference between red and pink is the amount of white (light) in it.. And the fact that there's yellow in the saber as the top blade and but not at the bottome tells me that it's most likely a two toned saber.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2001 10:12 PM
Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Then again, it could be anything. There is so little we really see...

queeq abides

Old Post Jan 6th, 2001 10:57 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Daft

As this select image was made BEFORE post-production had begun, then how could it be a real still from the film. I mean they couldn't have really added the lightsabre blade on using computer yet.
I believe that that image is a sort of fake made by John Knoll, just to confuse us.
And although the idea of a flame sabre does indeed seem pretty cool, if it was being moved through the air very fast it would sort of bend back, whereas in the select image the blade seems rather straight.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2001 05:44 AM
Click here to Send Darth Daft a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Daft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

Well, the blade is supposed to be straight. It's the handle that's curved. And I remember a spy report that in some scenes they were actually using sticks that light up...so that the have a realistic light casting on the characters. I would think that they would definately want to do that if they have a two toned saber because the effect of the lighting on it's surrounding would be more complex and would be harder to make look realistic.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2001 11:42 AM
Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

I read that the "flame sabre" also has a different sound, more like swishing sound. Burtt is supposed to have a hard time making the proper sound.

queeq abides

Old Post Jan 8th, 2001 04:01 PM