Best SNES RPG?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Linkalicious
In your opinion what is the single best RPG that was released on the SNES game system? If your favorite is not listed then please tell us what your favorite RPG is...

I think that my favorite game on SNES in general was Crono Trigger. I don't know why i like the game so much, i think it's the story and the side quests that really get me going, but i just think it was better than the others...

DracotheDragon
A Link to the Past for me. It surpassed any other RPG I've ever played.

SaTsuJiN
Ugh you have to ask? lol.. honestly these are all great games but

Final Fantasy III (VI)

2nd would be Chrono Trigger

3rd would be Mario RPG

Linkalicious
is FF III the same as FF VI? because i was wondering why i had never seen VI before. And right now i'm playing Lufia II and Final Fantasy III, and i must say that Lufia is a really well put together game. Not as good as most on the list, but definitely worth putting some time into it. Does Final Fantasy III have a bunch of side quests to get better equipment or is it basically a linear storyline?

SaTsuJiN
FFIII (america) is FF VI (Japan) just more final fantasies came out in japan before they hit america, so all the numbers got screwed up. Its like chrono trigger but deeper heh.

Linkalicious
i haven't gotten far enough to say whether or not it is deeper yet. I know that i really enjoyed the story in crono trigger but most of all i like how you could fight the last boss at almost anytime in the game. And i also liked how there were multiple endings to the game. Beating it with just Crono at the very begining in Game Save + mode was a lot of fun. Actually i'm just about to get Sabin in my group but i can't figure out his little button combo technique because xbox controllers are different than SNES controllers. Once i figure out that combo...then i'm back on a roll.

DracotheDragon
What about A Link to the Past Linkalicious?

Linkalicious
It's 2nd on my list. I love the zelda series more than any other series in video games, but the original Crono Trigger was probably my favorite game all time. (weird how the 16 bit-er out does the rest of them.) I just wish they wouldn't have screwed it up with that crappy Crono Cross sequel (which wasn't that bad, just not up to par.

JRatT12
i have to go with Mario Legend of the seven stars just because it was the first RPG that i really got into (basic because i could finally well when i got the game) And i like Mario he is clasic.

TrAnCeDuO
i love final fantasy....ff6 has to be right up there with ff7 to most all time favorite rpgs....never have i heard a bad thing said about it...

DracotheDragon
FF7 was too cartoony.

Linkalicious
those graphics were innovative at the time of it's release...

TrAnCeDuO
i agree...ff7 was so...out there...too out there...my guess was it wasnt medievil with the others....it felt like...metallica trying to do alternative(im talking about their last two albums)honestly i didnt like ff7...all the others i could "feel it"...but ff7...it was too out there....i couldnt feel it...it was just ...bleh....but thank god they took that concept and remade it into ff8(which i think is the GREATEST!)

Linkalicious
yeah i think 8 was better than 7 because of the story and the graphics, but i liked the characters more in 7 than 8. Seifer's got nothing on Sephiroth...Cloud owns Squall....and Rinoa is a joke compared to Aeris.

TrAnCeDuO
i beg to differ....rufus is nothing compared to seifer(demon slice baby!)
squall could annhilate cloud(lionheart = pwnage!)
and rinoa pwns aeris like the dog she is(aeris has probably like 3 limit breaks...rinoa has 9...one that casts invincibility btw)

Linkalicious
rufus? i thought the direct comparison would be seifer-sephiroth. which one is rufus again? And your right Lionheart does pwn but don't discredit Omni-slash (it's why Lionheart is as cool as it is) And IMO limit breaks or not, Rinoa was a joke with that little frizz-bee she was throwing around. I made my previous judgements based on character...not really their Limit Breaks.

TrAnCeDuO
as for seifer...why would i compare a middle of the game boss with a end one?(take a good look at rufus.... hes seifer improved...)

"And your right Lionheart does pwn but don't discredit Omni-slash (it's why Lionheart is as cool as it is)"as i said...ff8 is a great remake of ff7...

"Rinoa was a joke with that little frizz-bee she was throwing around."
o like that stupid pole was any better....

DracotheDragon
Ok, get back on track people, we are talking about the best RPG on SNES, not PS1 or their characters.

Linkalicious
you were the one that made the 1st ff7 comment. n trace i agree on the great remake comment. Both were equally good, ff7 just has more nastallgic value.

BackFire
Final Fantasy 3, best rpg for any system ever.

stinkfist462
zelda .. on one of those i played..

xeous
Legend of Zelda...Best bar none.

Dregh
1st: I'm new on the board.

2nd: I found this board by google so sorry if this topic is very old.

3rd: About the games , you missed a great game , Which? Tales of Phantasia. I just can't believe you forgot to put it , it's the best RPG EVER made Happy Dance

Dregh
1st: I'm new on the board.

2nd: I found this board by google so sorry if this topic is very old.

3rd: About the games , you missed a great game , Which? Tales of Phantasia. I just can't believe you forgot to put it , it's the best RPG EVER made Happy Dance

I'll put it for download.

Linkalicious
1. Hi, welcome aboard.
2. Dun worry if it's old, you brought back a pretty good topic.
3. Sorry i missed it, if you read my first post i think i said that i know i missed some classics and please feel free to use the OTHER option and classify what game u think it should be. I have Tales of Phantasia on my xbox...thanks for the suggestion, i'll try it.

Dregh
Ok , and...sorry for double posting.

oades11
how can you have a snes game on your xbox

TrAnCeDuO
....emulation?

LeAtHerRFace
Legend of Zelda

smokeurbesmoked
A link to the past does it for me...that game was a good as them came at that day and age...as for today's world the best RPG is FF7 for disc and for cartridge i would most definetly go with Zelda: Ocarina of Time...that gamne right there is THE best RPG i have evr played, because controlling ur own guy is a must

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.