Living Dead - How would you defend your home?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zilverz
I thought this would be fun.

Suppose the living dead did roam this earth.. Much like the "Night of the Living dead". What steps would you take to defend your home or gearing up to flee? If fleeing, where would you go?

BackFire
The first thing I'd do is go hijack a truck, then I would go to the local gun shop and take a few guns (one pistol, one automatic, a knife) and as much ammo as I could. Then I would go to the super market and take as much food as I could. Then, I would go to the gas station and stock up on gasoline for my vehicle. Then I would drive around wasting the zombies and trying to get some companions.

Zilverz
Might want to find other survivors after the weapons are secured.. they could cover the vehicle and store front while you retrieve supplies.. whould be hard to trust people though... im sure a lot of people would psychologically melt down in an apocalyptic scenario .. leaving them with the a gun and the keys man not be wise (;

SilverFighter
Forget rescue suvivors the last thing I need is some dumb jerk wanting to do what he/she thinks is right. When the dead come alive you are on your own. So first, I would find me a nice 4x4 and run over the living dead. Second, pack me a 45 and a Katana sword and start slicing and blasting zombies from all angles. Third, search for survivors like children and handicap those ppl are the only defenseless ones in zombie movies.

zombieman
I think my main priority would be to steal a chopper from somewhere and stock pile plenty of fuel and amunition. The safest place to be would be in the air, that way you can search for a remote island that hasnt been hit by the zombie problem.

Zilverz
yea i was thinking an island myself.. of course i would have to take a boat back to the main land to stock pile certain neccisary items: liquor, agricultural seeds (: , can goods, personal products, MORE ammunition.. Unless it is was some widespread plague accross the entire world .. then an already inhabited island with electricity would be ideal..

man what an ending to gilligans island ... they come back to the states and get eaten by zombies (;

Punker69
Ok this is what I would do Id fight.I wouldnt let some mindless motherfockers get into my house.First id board up the windows and put chairs and tables in front of the doors.Then I would gather up knives and such.Id gets a stick and light it on fire.I own a sword so I suppose Id get that out to.And the id start stabing through the boards that are covering the windows.So the monsters on the other end would get stabbed.Then Id let them come in and get into a corner and start fighting them all.And if I die I die.

wicker_man
First things first maintain a secure perimeter if possible rig up some sort of warning system.

If possible and not dangerous locate survivors.

Arm yourself

Plan escape routs (preferably more then one)

Stock up on food and water

Keep handy a radio or if possible a tv.

Freddy_vs_Jason
This is only for ppl in america, u guyz got the freddy vs jason dvd and vhs at the stores on the 13th, on the exact same day did it come out at video renting stores as well?

wicker_man
I don't live in America but i got my copy imported from the States and it arrived today and i literally just finished watching it...great film.

Freddy_vs_Jason
please tell me how it starts off!

wicker_man
It begins by showing Freddy when he was human carrying out his barbaric crimes and the Elm Street mob burning him alive and Jason stakling and killling a skinny dipper only to realise it was a dream all devised by Freddy, who in turn wants him to carry out his evil deeds in the real world

Freddy_vs_Jason
oh,kool, i read that 2 of the main characters (will and lori) have a history wif freddy, but i dont rememba ne one by that name in the nightmare on elm street movies. and was freddy a child molesterer or just a child killer?

Freddy_vs_Jason
when he wuz alvie i mean

wicker_man
Im not sure, there was no hint to that in F v J, the best one to ask is Evil Dead he's got a pretty good knowledge of the Nightmare on Elm Street Series.

Freddy_vs_Jason
oh ok, thanx wicker-man!!

wicker_man
NP smile

Michael Myers 1
i think i would jump in the back seat of BF's car and scream

Freddy_vs_Jason
i would try and suduce them into not hurting me

ragesRemorse
well i would do the obvious thing. I would call the ghostbusters.

Freddy_vs_Jason
sumtin weird in the da hood! who r ya gonna call?

Nastybutlerbob
First off, check into the Max Brooks book, Z ombie Survival guide. Entertaiing as well as informative. (note: Max Brookz is the son of comedy great Mel Brooks.)

Growing up in western Pennsylvania, I would do what all the rednecks there would be doing. Joining a seach party and eliminating the threat. Much like the crew at the end of tnight of the living dead and Tom savini in children of the living dead.

Don't go anywhere without at least two other trustworthy people. If you see a building, dont go in, you may be trapped inside. Just make noise, if zombies are inside they will come out.

At the rescue stations, all able bodied individuals capable of fighting off the scourge of undead should watch appropriate sombie movies, and see what to do and what not to do. By appropriate, i mean dont review Night of the living dead if the zombies are a la 28 days later. If all else fails, suicide is much quicker than being eaten alive.

Freddy_vs_Jason
dial "z" for zombie

Zilverz
never heard of the zombie survival guide... sounds funny just thinking about it ...

but if the zombies are anything like filmmakers have preceived , most would require a headshot ... i think you would have more luck sniping them in the head from afar .. insted of machine gunnin them up close with your 4wheel drive

samhain
Well, having thought this through since I first saw Dawn of the Dead I would break into all my neighbours houses until I found a set of car keys. Also, a drug dealer lives just up the road so I might try to get his gun. After finding the gun & some keys I would drive at top speed to all my friends houses trying to get a group together. Then (this is the Romero inspired bit), we would take over the hotel in the city centre which is joined on to a multi storey car park and ...A shopping centre.
Then we would broadcast pirate radio signals to find more survivors.

Freddy_vs_Jason
screw survivours! save ur-self!!!!!!!!!

samhain
You may find some sexy female survivors who are eternally grateful...
lol, you said SCREW SURVIVORS. Thats the whole idea.

Freddy_vs_Jason
big grin

Lord_Andres
If I ware to defend my home I would get all the guns I could and my grandpas sword, and of course block all the doors and windows, with all that I could get my hands on, and the I would go up on the rough and shoot all the zombies I could see, be the time my ammo would have run dry I would just the sword to cut down every zombie I could see, now if it was a matter of survival I would get my self as many guns as I could carry without having truble running, and get my sword and some knife and then I would go up the moutains far up the moutains and find a cave, and live of sheep, I doubt the zombies would find me there big grin

ragesRemorse
man if zombies were overtaking the Earth. The last damn place i would be, would be boarded up in a stagnate area. I'd hitch a ride with Nasa. you all can stay and fight off the apocalypse. I will be colonizing the moon, with some hot three breasted martian chik. I mean you know if you get zombies the demons aren't to far behind. I might be able to deal with zombies, but when it comes to some demons your just screwed.

ElmStreetFan01
I would take an ASS load of cannons and blow those Mutha-****ers up.

braxtanFILM
"I mean you know if you get zombies the demons aren't to far behind"

LOL!

Have you guys seen the new Dawn of the Dead trrailer? Basically this chick wakes up at the beginning and goes outside, and all hell is already breaking loose in her neighborhood--zombies chasing and killing all her neighbors, basically. Also some houses on fire, etc. How do you prepare for a zombie invasion of Earth, if you wake up and it's already happened? I doubt you'll be able to clear out the nearest sporting goods store--probably already done and infested with zombies, if it isn't burning to the ground. Same with gas stations, Supermarkets, etc.

Has anyone ever thought of going to someplace very cold? Like where it's below zero every day? I mean, can the living dead move in the cold if they don't generate any body heat?

Freddy_vs_Jason
oh! is the new trailer on the quick time website? www.quicktime.com
it has all these trailers and every-thing

braxtanFILM
I watched it from the yahoo website. You can also link to it from cinescape. It's badass. I think it will probably be the best zombie flick ever...then again, I said that about Resident Evil. However, the guy who directed that movie is a tool, and now he's gonna ruin Alien VS Predator.

h0ck3yh0rr0r
be real. you would all die in matter of seconds. same with I. lol

sauron
well what i would do...is either

see samhains avatar.....that

or, get in next doors jeep drive to the nearby army base....steal as much amunitoon and weapons as possible drive to city center get out, throw grenade at no-where in particualr to make noise, then when those m other****ers come i will shoot stab slice dice and basically **** there asses back to hell

sauron
they dont burn to the ground mate they burn to the ****ing SKY

braxtanFILM
Also, are they the slow moving zombies of old, or the new "we can run now" zombies?

sauron
what if agent smith got bit and he was a zombie could he still do his snazzy tricks?

Zilverz
Haha maybe you would... but i damn sure wouldnt... im sure they would get the unsuspecting guy on the toilet or lady in the bath tub .. i on the other hand would prob just keep running over lots and lots of them in a hummer

I think sections would be quarantined honestly. We are so interconnected with each other through communication i think areas would have fair warnings and establish blockades. You would just have to make it to the safe zone without getting eaten or shot by mistake

h0ck3yh0rr0r
LOL^ great imagination.

Trainspottinger
I'd load up on ammo and head to the Indian museum outside the town where i live. It's on top of a montroso hill so i could pick them off one by one. If I ran out of ammo and all hope was lost, I'd take my sword and yell "FOR FRODO!" That seemed to work in rotk quite well.

HockeyFace
I would get a flamethrower, ax, some guns, explosives, and some sharp objects. I would stock up on food and water. I would then go into my cellar and create an underground fortress where the zombies would not go becaus ethey are stupid and moronic. I would also go out and burn those mothat f*ckas with my flamethrowa just because 1. I am an a$$hole, and 2. It is fun.

Nastybutlerbob
basic survival tips.

1. wear from fitting but comfortable clothng. Nothing baggy that can be grabbed.

2. Shave your hair, or cut very short. Make it to short to grab onto.

3. Remove anything on you that makes noise. Stealth may be very important at times.

4. Blades don't need reloading.

5. mopeds get great gas mileage and move upto 30 mph, not very fast but significantly faster than zombies.

6. always have a backup plan for every possible situation.

7. Look out for number one. Help others if you can, but if you can't Jesus will understand.

Nastybutlerbob
also. always have at least one trustworthy person with you. You need sleep, no way around it. With another person you can sleep in shifts.

conserve ammunition.

conserve ammunition.

conserve ammunition.

also, always have a secondary weapon handy.

always keep a decent cigarette lighter and a small can of lighter fluid or other flammable substance.

No matter how queer they look, a fanny pack stocked with supplies is smaller and harder to grab a hold of than a back pack.

conserve ammunition.

sauron
LMAO 'no matter how queer they look'

what we would all do is DIE

senator: mr presedent there is a zombie threat
bush: launch the nukes...we will destroy the rest of the world with chemical weapons so they dont die horribly
senator: but sir wont they die hor....
bush: WHO is president?
*launch*

*BOOM*

rest of world: WHAT THE **** WAS THAT FOR!!!! *launch*

*boom*

england: HEY russia back off the nearly hit us

russia: OH eat me posh boy

England: oh il show you! *launch BOOM*

zombies: whoah whats goling on...run!!!! *attempt to run back to their graves..going slower than an asthmatic snail*

germany: hey england...who do you think you are

england: dont start AGAIN

germany: oooh *launch* *BOOM*

*zombies get back to graves and go away*

THE WORLD IS SAVED!!!!! or is it *scene pans out to desolate plain with trees houses and peopl burning*

WW3 has begun stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.