Nintendo DS

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SpikeSpiegel
Has anyone seen Nintendo's latest one (figuratively speeking, no pics have been released) the Nintendo DS (Duel screen). You'll be able to have 2 screens at once eg. Map on top game on bottom.

DaRk Lotus
hmm...sounds cool i guess....has anyone heard of the online modem for the gamecube?

§pearhead
Spike, whens the DS planned to be released?

SaTsuJiN
is it a portable? or a controller? a kind of prepheral?

Trickster
On Splinter Cell, you can use the GBA to do that already...

Linkalicious
it's supposed to be a portable and it's supposed to have a gig of memory. too bad they haven't released a picture of the damn thing yet, because i'm having trouble envisioning it. Also, i fail to see the value in having duel screens. great a freakin map screen...isn't that why they put a select button on the damn system.

SaTsuJiN
well theoretically for some games they can fill both screens with the game view... making it pretty useful for first person camera views, or even rts games

SpikeSpiegel
Yes but also you can only look at one thing at a time. It sounds to me like Nintendo are just throwing out some idea with a small chance of working in order to combat Sony's PSP. Don't get me wrong, I like Nintendo, but I do think they've been slipping up a bit lately.

DracotheDragon
Sounds great. Another system to go buy, making the GC obsolete. Nice.

SpikeSpiegel
Nintendo DS not designed to rival Sony PSP

sith_darth_jay
GREAT nintendo can't live if they don't came up with a console every 2 years... will they ever stop!!??

Xed
If anyone got the new issue of NGC UK they show you what it looks like. Although it may be a rough outline it looks good.

lets start off with a square. This square can flip out like an Sp but there are no buttons. On either side of the bottom screen there is a gamecube style analogue stick and on the other side the usual a, b, x, y, etc buttons.

Looks good. I apologise for not being able to post pics.

DracotheDragon
that is how Nintendo keeps ahead of the game. That's how they get the better companies, such as SquareEnix (squresoft), to make games for them because they have a variety of systems to make games on, so they aren't limited to just one.

JKozzy
Eh, heard of it but I'd rather wait for the new gameboy, and no this isn't it. I read an article about it and there will be this, and a new gameboy. E3 will bring more info, for sure.

Xed
Role on E3 then only about 2months to go.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.