Movies You Love and Others Hate..........

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

silver_tears
This is derived from the other thread big grin

What movies do you love and others hate?

I loved LXG and thought it was great.
I loved Man in the Iron Mask.

Myth
I thought about this topic but couldn't think of movies off the top of my head that I like even though others hate them.

Lord Soth
LXG and Underworld

I like Man in the Iron Mask too, but not enough to love

Cinemaddiction
LXG
Underworld
Scream Trilogy *high five's Soth*
Fast and the Furious 1 + 2
Spiderman
The Gate
We Were Soldiers
Final Destination 1 + 2
Rock Star

I'm sure there are more, but these I know for sure.

sexaysnoot
im sorry i do not understand what this topic is asking?

ragesRemorse
70% of all movies in the last 3 years and 95% of all mainstream movies in the last 3 years. that about wraps up the movies i cant stand,and maybe on some level loath

Kes
Name movies that you like but everyone seems to hate.
Lets give reasons,ok?!

I liked Tomb Raider 1 and 2. I know it was crap but I enjoyed it. Could be because I absolutely love Angie and I thought she was the perfect Croft LOL

Cinemaddiction> Ppl consider Final destination 1 and 2 crap? blink
Well I liked that 2! It was a twist on the gore movies LOL Death itself stalking them big grin

burlyman
I havent seen Final D 2 but I love 1 and so do my friends smile It just looks like a rip off sequel with different characters erm

Kes
Well since the point of the movie is killing ppl in cool, twisted ways LOL FD2 sure delivers that. They put a little twist on things thou. You should see it, it has some ace scenes in it.

hobbit_lover
Lord of the rings - every1 in my class hates it mad
Spiderman
POTC
A walk to remember
moulin rouge
the hot chick

finti
dont know what others hate

steely balls
spider-man

Cinemaddiction
Alrighty, now for my reasons.

LXG - I think the CGI characters drove people away from this, and the fact that they were all older fantasy novel characters. I for one loved it, and the premise of a group of historic superheroes banding together was unique and entertaining.

Underworld - Another one that got too much unfair prejudice because everyone thought it "ripped off the Matrix and Blade." It was original, fun, dark, gothic, sexy, and action packed. People claim it to be predictable, but there was unforeseen backstabbing and alliances at every turn.

Scream Trilogy - What can I say? It single handedly brought Craven back to the horror forefront. A smart horror series that poked fun at it's own genre, exploiting it's weaknesses and campiness. While it wasn't always conventional, the killer was always unpredictable, which is rare in this age of "Scooby Doo" like predictable murder movies.

Fast and the Furious 1 + 2 - The first one was just a guilty pleasure, and the first of it's kind. It's not that great of a movie, but I am just drawn to it. The second was like a really hip 2002 Miami Vice. It was funny, a hell of alot more structured than the last, and the acting improved by yards.

Spiderman - Too many people, my fiance included, saw this is more of a romantic chick flick. People that didn't grow up on Spiderman don't understand that Peter Parker was always conflicted between Mary Jane and crime fighting. Besides, the first movie was to establish Spiderman's character, familiarize you with all his attributes, his surroundings, and supporting characters. The new one is going to be straight up comic book "Vs.," where all the real action is. I loved the original and while it did well at the theaters, I still think it is underrated by most.

The Gate - One of the best low budget horror movies out of Canada, and Stephen Dorff's premiere! Some guys on the Horror boards just think it's too 80's for their tastes. I guarantee it's more original and just as fun to watch as any of the big franchise sequels.

We Were Soldiers - By far one of the most underrated war movies of the past 2 decades. It's real, it's amazing authentic, and it's actually pretty gory. It's action packed, and like "SVP," although there are a handful of featured characters, they all develop, and you feel for them. Beautiful war movie.

Final Destination 1 + 2 - Yep. A lot of people dismiss the first installment because of Devon Sawa. Actually, it's more so the 2nd one, just because it's a sequel, and it's a new horror movie, it gets lumped in there unfairly with all that other crap like "House of the Dead," "Cabin Fever" and "Urban Legends." "F. D" is one of the most creative, unique, and entertaining horror franchises in a long, long time. I am not too excited for "F.D. 3" just because the premise is wearing a little thin, and the rules are getting a little too far bent. The last one should have wrapped up the franchise.

Rock Star - It's "Rock Star"! The story of a guy living out his rock and roll dreams, joining his favorite band, living the life, then suddenly realizing it's time for someone else to live their dream! It's a great, fun movie, with which a lot of 80's kid could relate.

burlyman
Gigli smile It's just so misunderstood after all the press attention messed
my fav bit was none of it im yanking your chain

neo2
Loved Batman(89), hated Batman & Robin

Myth
I bet everybody read that spoiler even though nobody has seen it.
I thought of one:

Daredevil - Everybody loved Spider-man but hated this but I liked it more. Don't get me wrong, I don't love Daredevil but I do like it more than Spider-man. Reason: It was darker and gave a better feel to it than the Power-Ranger-esque Spider-man (plus he had no problem killing people). I loved the whole radar vision thing, especially during fights. Bullseye was a pretty kick ass bad guy. I also liked how simple of a move Daredevil used to take down Kingpin the kick to the knees.

BackFire
Hour of 1000 Corpses.

Undersiege

Kaleanae
Same here

Lord Soth
More like Scream 2 and 3....Scream was very well-received

Lord Soth
LXG- It was a marvelous story marred by less-than-perfect special effects. Too many people are focused on superficial aspects nowadays.

Underworld- Same reason as Cine: Too many people said it ripped off Matrix and Blade, they never gave it a chance. Also, people say that there wasn't enough action. I say in reply, it's a movie where the action takes a backseat to a masterfully crafted story. The acting was perfect if you take the characters' situations into context. The special effects (there was NO CGI) were great....I loved it

Daredevil- Same as Myth

finti
hmm I liked that one too

johnnys#1
blowupI thought Scream (The Trilogy) was funny assssssssssssss!!!!

silver_tears
Fast and Furious is on my list too big grin

quiball
I like Pirates, but a lot of people i kno don't

Creechuur
One of my favorite movies is Payback. I think its one of Mel Gibson's best, but that movie gets no love.

SlickRick69
UHF, with Weird Al, I love that $hit!

Myth
Who hates UHF? Not many people have seen it but anyone who has likes it.

SlickRick69
OK, but what's the reasoning behind why not many people have seen it then? it wasn't DTV it was in theaters... why then, did not many people see it? hmm.. could it be because people didn't think they would like it, ie, didn't like it, ie 'hated it'??

yeah, that's what I thought too...

eleveninches
Lion King
Hulk
Attack of the Clones
Urotsukidoji

mumygrl
Hudson Hawk with Bruce Willis. Is there anybody out there who has seen this movie? Also there was an old 80's movie called "Fire with Fire" and I also don't know a single person who has seen this movie. I love them both. embarrasment)

Myth
There is a difference between not watching a movie because they think they'll hate it and actually hating it. Everybody who has seen it seems to like it. Thats why its some what known even though its so old.

yeah, that's what I thought too...

Darkseed
*puts on a balaclava, to disguise himself before saying the following*:

House Of The Dead, it was fun, dung acting ? yes, no script ? that is correct but i thought it was a laff, wasn`t great no but it was watchable i mean i`ve seen movies where i switch off during the first half hour never to go back to it, some say the same to this one, which i dont mind but i thought it was ok, i bought the region 1 import (Scotland i live in), so no bashing if you hate it, i`m curious as to what you guys think of it.

I know it`s bad but it`s just like those state benefit budget sized zombie movies of the 80`s, they were really cheap, tacky, full on gore and violence like this is, they had atmosphere this didn`t thats true, the acting in the 80`s movies and this one aint going to win an oscar anytime soon, it was fun even though it was bad just like those early 80`s movies from italy (Lucio Fulci`s movies aside as they are classics)and other places, so bad it`s good.

<<Solo>>
I hated Finding Nemo.

SlickRick69
Hudson Hawk got a bad rap too. For a wacky caper type movie, it's fun, funny and not a bad flick.

*Georgina_A*
People hated LotRs and PotC? messed

Kes
I've seen ~Hudson Hawk and I enjoyed it. Its funny, goofy.

amity75
I loved Judge Dredd and everyone else seemed to hate it. I also loved Hulk.

TheProgramSmith
Memento

Myth
Memento? THat was a great movie. How can that go on this list.

VallejoKid707
Yeah me

I guess Honey would be the one I loved and many others hate.

Lord Soth
Some people have different tastes in movies; I however still cannot believe that people can HATE LotR. I can understand that it's not their kind of movie; they might not have enjoyed it, but HATE?!?! Impossible

Myth
Hate yes. I hated LOTR because it was not my kind of movie.

Lord Soth
That's not any reason to hate, so I disregard your opinon on the subject from here on out yes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.