KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movies You Love and Others Hate..........

Movies You Love and Others Hate..........
Started by: silver_tears

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
silver_tears

Cool Movies You Love and Others Hate..........

This is derived from the other thread big grin

What movies do you love and others hate?

I loved LXG and thought it was great.
I loved Man in the Iron Mask.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2004 03:18 AM
silver_tears is currently offline Click here to Send silver_tears a Private Message Find more posts by silver_tears Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

I thought about this topic but couldn't think of movies off the top of my head that I like even though others hate them.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2004 03:31 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

LXG and Underworld

I like Man in the Iron Mask too, but not enough to love

Old Post Apr 18th, 2004 03:57 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

LXG
Underworld
Scream Trilogy *high five's Soth*
Fast and the Furious 1 + 2
Spiderman
The Gate
We Were Soldiers
Final Destination 1 + 2
Rock Star

I'm sure there are more, but these I know for sure.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2004 04:43 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sexaysnoot
KMC Pain in the Arse

im sorry i do not understand what this topic is asking?

Old Post Apr 18th, 2004 05:51 AM
sexaysnoot is currently offline Click here to Send sexaysnoot a Private Message Find more posts by sexaysnoot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

70% of all movies in the last 3 years and 95% of all mainstream movies in the last 3 years. that about wraps up the movies i cant stand,and maybe on some level loath

Old Post Apr 18th, 2004 07:02 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

quote:
Originally posted by sexaysnoot
im sorry i do not understand what this topic is asking?

Name movies that you like but everyone seems to hate.
Lets give reasons,ok?!

I liked Tomb Raider 1 and 2. I know it was crap but I enjoyed it. Could be because I absolutely love Angie and I thought she was the perfect Croft LOL

Cinemaddiction> Ppl consider Final destination 1 and 2 crap? blink
Well I liked that 2! It was a twist on the gore movies LOL Death itself stalking them big grin

Old Post Apr 18th, 2004 11:21 AM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
furryman
honky

I havent seen Final D 2 but I love 1 and so do my friends smile It just looks like a rip off sequel with different characters erm

Old Post Apr 18th, 2004 11:26 AM
furryman is currently offline Click here to Send furryman a Private Message Find more posts by furryman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

Well since the point of the movie is killing ppl in cool, twisted ways LOL FD2 sure delivers that. They put a little twist on things thou. You should see it, it has some ace scenes in it.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2004 11:33 AM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
.Dance_Inside.

Lord of the rings - every1 in my class hates it mad
Spiderman
POTC
A walk to remember
moulin rouge
the hot chick

EDWARD CULLEN IS MY LIFE.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2004 12:54 PM
.Dance_Inside. is currently offline Click here to Send .Dance_Inside. a Private Message Find more posts by .Dance_Inside. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

dont know what others hate

Old Post Apr 18th, 2004 02:17 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steely balls

spider-man

Old Post Apr 18th, 2004 03:06 PM
steely balls is currently offline Click here to Send steely balls a Private Message Find more posts by steely balls Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Alrighty, now for my reasons.

LXG - I think the CGI characters drove people away from this, and the fact that they were all older fantasy novel characters. I for one loved it, and the premise of a group of historic superheroes banding together was unique and entertaining.

Underworld - Another one that got too much unfair prejudice because everyone thought it "ripped off the Matrix and Blade." It was original, fun, dark, gothic, sexy, and action packed. People claim it to be predictable, but there was unforeseen backstabbing and alliances at every turn.

Scream Trilogy - What can I say? It single handedly brought Craven back to the horror forefront. A smart horror series that poked fun at it's own genre, exploiting it's weaknesses and campiness. While it wasn't always conventional, the killer was always unpredictable, which is rare in this age of "Scooby Doo" like predictable murder movies.

Fast and the Furious 1 + 2 - The first one was just a guilty pleasure, and the first of it's kind. It's not that great of a movie, but I am just drawn to it. The second was like a really hip 2002 Miami Vice. It was funny, a hell of alot more structured than the last, and the acting improved by yards.

Spiderman - Too many people, my fiance included, saw this is more of a romantic chick flick. People that didn't grow up on Spiderman don't understand that Peter Parker was always conflicted between Mary Jane and crime fighting. Besides, the first movie was to establish Spiderman's character, familiarize you with all his attributes, his surroundings, and supporting characters. The new one is going to be straight up comic book "Vs.," where all the real action is. I loved the original and while it did well at the theaters, I still think it is underrated by most.

The Gate - One of the best low budget horror movies out of Canada, and Stephen Dorff's premiere! Some guys on the Horror boards just think it's too 80's for their tastes. I guarantee it's more original and just as fun to watch as any of the big franchise sequels.

We Were Soldiers - By far one of the most underrated war movies of the past 2 decades. It's real, it's amazing authentic, and it's actually pretty gory. It's action packed, and like "SVP," although there are a handful of featured characters, they all develop, and you feel for them. Beautiful war movie.

Final Destination 1 + 2 - Yep. A lot of people dismiss the first installment because of Devon Sawa. Actually, it's more so the 2nd one, just because it's a sequel, and it's a new horror movie, it gets lumped in there unfairly with all that other crap like "House of the Dead," "Cabin Fever" and "Urban Legends." "F. D" is one of the most creative, unique, and entertaining horror franchises in a long, long time. I am not too excited for "F.D. 3" just because the premise is wearing a little thin, and the rules are getting a little too far bent. The last one should have wrapped up the franchise.

Rock Star - It's "Rock Star"! The story of a guy living out his rock and roll dreams, joining his favorite band, living the life, then suddenly realizing it's time for someone else to live their dream! It's a great, fun movie, with which a lot of 80's kid could relate.

Last edited by Cory Chaos on Apr 18th, 2004 at 04:33 PM

Old Post Apr 18th, 2004 04:28 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
furryman
honky

Gigli smile It's just so misunderstood after all the press attention messed
my fav bit was [SPOILER - highlight to read]: none of it im yanking your chain

Old Post Apr 18th, 2004 05:05 PM
furryman is currently offline Click here to Send furryman a Private Message Find more posts by furryman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
neo2

Loved Batman(89), hated Batman & Robin

Old Post Apr 18th, 2004 06:39 PM
neo2 is currently offline Click here to Send neo2 a Private Message Find more posts by neo2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

quote:
Originally posted by burlyman
Gigli smile It's just so misunderstood after all the press attention messed
my fav bit was [SPOILER - highlight to read]: none of it im yanking your chain

I bet everybody read that spoiler even though nobody has seen it.
I thought of one:

Daredevil - Everybody loved Spider-man but hated this but I liked it more. Don't get me wrong, I don't love Daredevil but I do like it more than Spider-man. Reason: It was darker and gave a better feel to it than the Power-Ranger-esque Spider-man (plus he had no problem killing people). I loved the whole radar vision thing, especially during fights. Bullseye was a pretty kick ass bad guy. I also liked how simple of a move Daredevil used to take down Kingpin [SPOILER - highlight to read]: the kick to the knees.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2004 06:55 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Hour of 1000 Corpses.

Undersiege

Old Post Apr 18th, 2004 08:09 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kaleanae

quote:
Originally posted by finti
dont know what others hate
Same here

Old Post Apr 18th, 2004 09:23 PM
Kaleanae is currently offline Click here to Send Kaleanae a Private Message Find more posts by Kaleanae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

quote:
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
Scream Trilogy *high five's Soth*
More like Scream 2 and 3....Scream was very well-received

Old Post Apr 19th, 2004 06:40 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

quote:
Originally posted by Lord Soth
LXG and Underworld

LXG- It was a marvelous story marred by less-than-perfect special effects. Too many people are focused on superficial aspects nowadays.

Underworld- Same reason as Cine: Too many people said it ripped off Matrix and Blade, they never gave it a chance. Also, people say that there wasn't enough action. I say in reply, it's a movie where the action takes a backseat to a masterfully crafted story. The acting was perfect if you take the characters' situations into context. The special effects (there was NO CGI) were great....I loved it

Daredevil- Same as Myth

Old Post Apr 19th, 2004 06:47 AM