What part of EU do you like best?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Julie
The EU is very large. I am curious to see what most people like.

Ushgarak
Has to be the computer games, really. Often silly but fun. Oh for the 'TIE Fighter' heyday!

Captain REX
Novels, Video Games, and sometimes CCG. I have a few video games of Star Wars (Rogue Leader & SOTE) and I have probably 200 Star Wars cards. And I've read a few novels (or just books). Heir of the Empire and The Illustrated Star Wars Universe.

LanceWindu
Just like the Corn Pops commercial:

"Gotta have my novels."

Julie
Novels and PC and x-box games for me. I have some of the CCG cards but no one who's into Star Wars who wants to play it with me....still I like the cards alot. smile

LanceWindu
If I lived near you then we could play the card game. But since I don't then we can't.

I still haven't tried the PC games that have come out for SW. Are they good?

ToMacco
I just like the video games. The other stuff has too much extra crap in it

finti
None of it should have been an option

ToMacco
True. I only like the movies. Or the video games that completley follow the plots.

mah
videogames - most fun

Julie
I'm kinda partial to reading, but the videogames are really great.
The Phantom Menace for PC was good....easy but good.....Obi Wan for x-box is awesome.
Rogue Squadron for N-64 was good......Battle for Naboo was only slightly different from RS but it was still a cool game. smile

LanceWindu
To me Battle For Naboo was crap. It was easy and the colors are way too pastel.

Julie
What about Rogue Squadron...did that meet your approval????

If I had to choose Rogue Squadron was prob a little better, but BFN wasn't that bad.

Ushgarak
I agree, Lance. But over time there have been some utterly fantastic Star Wars games on the PC. Like I say, the TIE Fighter glory days were cool, and helped make the PC as a gam,es platform.

BTW, for those wbo don't know, a new SW card game is coming. Decipher lost the license to Hasbro, hardly surprising for many reasons. Always a shame when they render an entire CCG collection useless, of course.

(Goes off to kill the Warner Brothers execs who killed the Babylon 5 CCG...)

Julie
Will you play the new CCG, Ush?

I'll prob collect the cards, but I don't know if I'll spend the time to learn the game....

BTW which should I do? If I were to invest my time in either RPG or CCG which would be better..

I tend to think that the CCG would be better because you could teach almost anybody and it'd be easier.

Ushgarak
Well, for a year now the RP has ALSO been owned by Hasbro (in fact, both RP and CCG are under the Wizards of the Coast banner). WOTC have this appalling standardization thing going on with RPs in general; something to do with an unhealthy obession with d20s.

That aside, I find the Star Wars RPG... uninspired. I think you would be far better off with the CCG; it's being designed by Richard Garfield himself and he hasn't failed yet.

LanceWindu
I think that the CCG will be easier for beginners to play. While the RPG is for those who are far more advanced and have a lot of time on their hands.

Julie
CCG for me then.....time is one comodity that I'm always short on.

LanceWindu
I personally haven't played either the CCG or the RPG. I want to play the RPG. If it's anything like the other typess of RPG's then I want to buy it. The D&D games were pretty fun. But if you want to play then you need a great imagination.

Julie
I've never played either one, as well. RPG sounds like a lot of fun, but learning it would take some major effort.

LanceWindu
The RPG isn't too hard to learn (As long as you've played D&D). The CCG looks weird. It can't be too hard because it's based on Magic the Gathering.

Ushgarak
Er... it's made by Wizards of the Coast, that doesn't mean it was based on MTG. You ever played Vampire?

Julie
Nope.....vampires are scary

LanceWindu
Neither have I

Julie
Are you scared of vampires Lance? stick out tongue

Ushgarak
The Vampire CCG is great. The RPG it is based on is even better; it;s the best RPG out there. The CCG takes a few liberties but has a great feel.

What it isn't, however, in any sense of the word, is easy. Richard Garfield designed it, just as he did Magic and the new Star Wars one. The man is a genius.

All that said, though, I would be surprised if this one isn't pretty simple.

LanceWindu
Not unless they were real.

Julie
There's an x-box game called Blood Omen 2 its about vampires....creepy...eerie....yuck... you suck the blood of those you kill roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ushgarak
There's a computer game of Vampire as well. Which isn't bad, actually. You could actually write your own stories for it and everything.

Mind you, it gets to a certain point where you may as well just play the role-play...

LanceWindu
I think I played the computer version of it not too long ago. I think my brother-in-law owns it

Ushgarak
The central story was utterly ridiculous, but you have to compromise for a computer game.

The multiplay was astounding, but you needed to know java script to properly write new stories. Damn.

LanceWindu
I don't know anything at all about Java

Ushgarak
Nor do I. So I could only run provided stories for my friends. Shame.

LanceWindu
What is Java BTW?

Ushgarak
A basic programming language thingy.

LanceWindu
I'll stick to HTML. I don't know much about it but a lot more than JAVA

Julie
HTML all the way for me too wink

Darth Piggott
I'm split between novels and video games, but I decided to go with video games. I usually have to be in a reading mood for novels which has been very rare lately.

SwordOfTheJedi
Wow old thread resurrected.

My favorite hands down is TFU!!!

Nah just playing....

The video games are great, but the novels are my favorite part of the EU. My favorite series:

NJO
LOTF
Darth Bane Trilogy
Dark Empire
The prequel (Labyrinth of Evil) and sequel (Rise of Darth Vader) novels to Episode III.

Janus the Anus
clone wars is the best eu, so much better then all of those dumb books LOL

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by SwordOfTheJedi
Darth Bane Trilogy Tsk tsk tsk.

truejedi
Probably the NJO series, even though its been so many years since i've read it that most of it is beyond hazy... only OMG luke's electric judgement and dovin basal pwnage are still clear.

Hybris
I have a dislike for everything that depicts the events after ROTJ. Best parts would be novels like Dark Rendezvous, the Republic Commando series, Labyrinth of Evil, etc...

Admiral Salar
The novels are Great and it's constently growing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.