KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » What part of EU do you like best?

What part of EU do you like best?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
comics, magazines 0 0%
video games 6 37.50%
novels 9 56.25%
board games 0 0%
RPG (Role Playing Games) 1 6.25%
CCG (collectable card games) 0 0%
Total: 16 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Started by: Julie

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Julie
The Student

The EU is very large. I am curious to see what most people like.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2002 10:20 PM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Has to be the computer games, really. Often silly but fun. Oh for the 'TIE Fighter' heyday!

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Feb 19th, 2002 11:14 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Novels, Video Games, and sometimes CCG. I have a few video games of Star Wars (Rogue Leader & SOTE) and I have probably 200 Star Wars cards. And I've read a few novels (or just books). Heir of the Empire and The Illustrated Star Wars Universe.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2002 04:54 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Just like the Corn Pops commercial:

"Gotta have my novels."

Old Post Feb 20th, 2002 02:26 PM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

Novels and PC and x-box games for me. I have some of the CCG cards but no one who's into Star Wars who wants to play it with me....still I like the cards alot. smile

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2002 04:29 AM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

If I lived near you then we could play the card game. But since I don't then we can't.

I still haven't tried the PC games that have come out for SW. Are they good?

Old Post Feb 25th, 2002 03:20 AM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

I just like the video games. The other stuff has too much extra crap in it

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Feb 25th, 2002 07:48 AM
Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

None of it should have been an option

Old Post Feb 25th, 2002 07:53 AM
Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

True. I only like the movies. Or the video games that completley follow the plots.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Feb 25th, 2002 07:56 AM
Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

videogames - most fun

Old Post Feb 25th, 2002 03:15 PM
Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

I'm kinda partial to reading, but the videogames are really great.
The Phantom Menace for PC was good....easy but good.....Obi Wan for x-box is awesome.
Rogue Squadron for N-64 was good......Battle for Naboo was only slightly different from RS but it was still a cool game. smile

Old Post Feb 26th, 2002 10:16 PM
LanceWindu

To me Battle For Naboo was crap. It was easy and the colors are way too pastel.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2002 10:30 PM
Julie
The Student

What about Rogue Squadron...did that meet your approval????

If I had to choose Rogue Squadron was prob a little better, but BFN wasn't that bad.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2002 11:18 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I agree, Lance. But over time there have been some utterly fantastic Star Wars games on the PC. Like I say, the TIE Fighter glory days were cool, and helped make the PC as a gam,es platform.

BTW, for those wbo don't know, a new SW card game is coming. Decipher lost the license to Hasbro, hardly surprising for many reasons. Always a shame when they render an entire CCG collection useless, of course.

(Goes off to kill the Warner Brothers execs who killed the Babylon 5 CCG...)

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Feb 26th, 2002 11:18 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

Will you play the new CCG, Ush?

I'll prob collect the cards, but I don't know if I'll spend the time to learn the game....

BTW which should I do? If I were to invest my time in either RPG or CCG which would be better..

I tend to think that the CCG would be better because you could teach almost anybody and it'd be easier.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2002 11:25 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Well, for a year now the RP has ALSO been owned by Hasbro (in fact, both RP and CCG are under the Wizards of the Coast banner). WOTC have this appalling standardization thing going on with RPs in general; something to do with an unhealthy obession with d20s.

That aside, I find the Star Wars RPG... uninspired. I think you would be far better off with the CCG; it's being designed by Richard Garfield himself and he hasn't failed yet.

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Feb 27th, 2002 at 06:26 PM

Old Post Feb 26th, 2002 11:31 PM
LanceWindu

I think that the CCG will be easier for beginners to play. While the RPG is for those who are far more advanced and have a lot of time on their hands.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2002 12:19 AM
Julie
The Student

CCG for me then.....time is one comodity that I'm always short on.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2002 03:53 AM
LanceWindu

I personally haven't played either the CCG or the RPG. I want to play the RPG. If it's anything like the other typess of RPG's then I want to buy it. The D&D games were pretty fun. But if you want to play then you need a great imagination.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2002 03:59 AM
Julie
The Student

I've never played either one, as well. RPG sounds like a lot of fun, but learning it would take some major effort.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2002 04:06 AM