Red Drawf

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

matchbox
Red Drawf is a British comady set in spoace and is ace!!!!

any other fans, faverate qouote episodes, scenes, characters?

roundisfunny
CRYPTOQUIP 8/2/04:

Today's clue--R equals W.

Yeah, I remember it. I haven't seen too many of them, but what I've seen are fairly amusing. I'd be tempted to get the DVD if they weren't 50 bucks each.

Corran
Cat rocks. Fish

Abbita
i saw the guy who plays The Cat on The Story Makers on the CBeebies channel the other day when i was babysitting....poor guy...he deserves better!

Corran
yeah, when I saw him on it I couldn't help but laugh, i half expected him to go around spraying everything saying 'That's mine'.

matchbox
the cat was in blade 2, so he doing quite well.

SpikeSpiegel

shaber
I liked the series on Starbug with Lister, Rimmer, Kriton and the Cat.

ladygrim
smeghead lol

roundisfunny
I saw them the other day at Barnes & Noble for $50. Of course, most retailers skyrocket the prices; I could probably find it for half that cost online.

Ushgarak
Today's fish is trout a la creme. Enjoy your meal.

must_kill_Santa
i love the Orange and apple and banana one when cat walks in and says wow you taught him to do that

ladygrim
lol

Gregory
Red Dwarf rocks. At least, it does at first. The episodes after they lose the ship (don't know what season) are almost uniformally bad.

ChickinMeat
spin my nipple nuts and send me to alaska!

Mortanius
My favorite episode is Demons and Angels.

Evil Rimmer to captive Lister: "I'm going to lash you to within an inch of your life. Then ...I'm going to have you."

matchbox
lol.

i like polymorphe, when rimmer become like ralph harris, and comes up with the name:

RIMMER: Erm, I think we're all beginning to lose sight of the real issue here, which is: what are we going to call ourselves? Erm, and I think it comes down to a choice between "The League Against Salivating Monsters" or, my own personal preference, which is "The Committee for the Liberation and Integration of Terrifying Organisms and their Rehabilitation Into Society." Erm, one drawback with that -- the abbreviation is "CLITORIS."

lol, i love that!

Mortanius
Do you remember Quarantine? Rimmer went insane and was dressed in a ginham dress and kept Lister, Cat, and Krytan captive in one room.

Lister: Can you let us out?
Rimmer: I can't. The Potato King wont let me.
Cat: How do can we speak to him?
Rimmer: Do you have a magic carpet?
Lister: Yeah, a three seater.
Rimmer: So let me get this straight. You want to ride on a magic carpet and plead to the Potato King for your release. And you're telling me your completely sane?

Red Superfly
Put it this way, Red Dwarf was probably the FIRST comedy show I religiously watched. I was so young at the time, and I loved it.

Rimmer: "Mr. Flibble is very cross, you shouldn't have run away from him, what are we going to do with them Mr. Flibble? We cant possibly do that! Who would clean up the mess?"

or this one:

Lister (to Rimmer in "The Inquisitor"wink: "You write your title as Arnold J Rimmer BSc - but BSc stands for Bronze Swimming Certificate. Your middle name is Judas but you tell everyone its Jonathan. You're a cheating, lying, weaselly scum-bucket, with all the moral charm of a pubic louse"

Cat (to Rimmer): "You gotta admit bud, he's got a handle on you there...."

Rimmer: *nods*

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!

matchbox
Mr. Flibbles rules!!!!

Red Superfly
Let's not forget Dwayne Dibley.

"I can't throw, I throw like a geek!"

I think one of the best was Psirens, and there's two Listers, and they shoot the one that can play the guitar really well.

"How did you know that wasn't me?"

"Cos that dude could play".

----------------------------

White Hole is also a good one for gags:

(Cat referring to Lister's snooker ability)

Cat: "Would you relax, I've seen gerbil face play down in the recreation room, he's a diva! He can knock those stripy balls around all night long, and I'll you what, I have never seen him lose a single ball down one of those holes!"

---------------------

Gunmen Of The Apocolypes is awesome. With the Riviera Kid and Dangerous Dan McGrue.

*Kryten (trying to get his memory back) to Rimmer*

"Ah, there's something I remeber about you too, I get a name.................SMEEEEG...........SMEEEEEG HEEEEEEEEEED!"

midnightshadow
' he remembers me!' i love that episode it is soo ace.
i really like holoship in series 5.

Kryten; they've taken mr rimmer, sir they've taken mr rimmer!

Cat; quick lets go before they bring him back!

that ones ace! and terror form ( series 5)

Lister; is it me or are those frogs sayin useless?
i dont have a fav series i really like all of them, but series 8 is a bit crap its much better when they are on their own not with the crew

Red Superfly
Yeah I thought series 8 had some great moments. But it just wasn't that good. It relied too much on toilet humour, and still wasn't that funny.

I really liked the idea of them having Rimmer, Lister and Holly just talking to each other like in series 1 & 2.

The new CGI Red Dwarf sucks imo, I hate the shape.

Also, wasn't the idea behind it supposed to be about the last human lost in deep space with a evolved cat, an annoying hologram, and a toilet cleaning mechanoid? Since when does Series 8 even acknowldge this?

Also, while I'm ranting - I hated the idea of having them "blend" together the episodes. Red Dwarf was supposed to change episode to episode, that's what made it fun. Most of series 8 seemed like one extra long single episode, I didn't like it.

And I liked the old series because they kept each series down to a minimum of six episodes. Six Episodes is enough if you make the episodes highly memorable and make you want to watch them again.

And Rimmer is supposed to be a Hologram, and Cat is supposed to be an ass! WTF were they doing?

Not to mention the fact I could find so many plotholes in some of Series 7 and 8 stories - like how come Starbug was able to fly past those millions of Ace Rimmers 'coffins' - did Starbug jump into another dimension? Or do all the Ace Rimmers conveniently gather in our dimension.

Oh well, Series 1-6 (and the brilliant episode from series 7 with JFK) are gold.

deadly_force
can't remember the name of the show but lister was missing rimmer so kryten makes like a show where rimmer is singing thats hilarious and of course in series 8 birdman is and absolute ledge "pete, pete never ate me before" laughing out loud

Red Superfly
"If you're in trouble he will say good day, he's brave and he's fearless come what may, he's Arnold, Arnold, Arnold Rimmer!"

I was just about to mention that one - that's the same episode where Lister dreams of kissing Rimmer - that was so funny!

"Oh Arnold!"

"Dave!"

I love how Kryten makes a VR simulation of Rimmers diary, and we see Rimmer as a brave and fearless soldier type guy, and Cat and Lister are like:

"Rimmer's a really great guy - I don't know what we'd do without him!"

"I owe my life to him".

"Save us, somebody save us before I wet me keks!"

deadly_force
thats the one its fantastic aint it

midnightshadow
that ep was sooo cool!!!! ( the ep was called blue, by the way)

lister; i feel sick!
kryten; im sorry sir, it is a bit bumpy
lister; no its what im seein thats makin me sick

lister; i never want to see or hear from that scumsuckin, weasel minded smegger in my entire life!!!

kryten; siegman freud eat your heart out! eek! laughing

deadly_force
yeah lol couldnt remember the name of the ep so thx

Mortanius
I hear that a Red Dwarf movie is coming out in 2005. They say a new season depends on the outcome of the movie.

deadly_force
Red dwarf movies smile big grin Happy Dance thats made my day thank you Mortaius

rayj
I am lister of smeg

ladygrim
smile

clispin
best scene ever,

"SPEEDBUMPS!!" big grin

totally feeling it!!

Red Superfly
The Red Dwarf movie's TAKIN AGES! I remember reading about that about 3 years ago!

They also said that they wont make another series until the movie is finished (dunno if thats changed).

I hope they go back to the one-episode self contained stories again. You know, where every episode is COMPLETELY different, and you can watch them in any order sort of thing. I hate the "part one" "part two" things from series 7 and 8.

My hope for Series 9: Rimmer kills the crew again! That would be so sweet.

How come in series 7/8, Lister and the crew completely forgot about being the last human lost in 3 million years of deep space. Reviving the crew was a crap idea - especially since the new characters like Holister (not really "new" but more of a fanboy request) and Kill Crazy were completely one-dimensional and nowhere near as interesting as the main cast.

The only thing they should keep from Series 8 is Bob The Scutter and Holly - the rest can go to hell (literally).

I wanna see more episodes like Backwards, Timeslides, Meltdown, Dimension Jump, Back To Reality, The Inquisitor, Psirens, Gunmen Of The Apocalypse and all those classic "stand-out" episodes that you love to watch again and again - not episode after episode of Rimmer and Lister running backwards and forwards to Captain Holisters office cracking lame jokes about his fatness/heamorroids/other disgusting things.

More Starbug, less crew, more Cat being Cat, more Rimmer being dead, more Lister being gross, no more crew, and more crazy aliens and intergalactic stupidity.

deadly_force
well said

bobtheunfortu
There were starting the film back when Chris Barrie was doing Tomb Raider
They said that they were waiting for him so they could start filming, that was, what 2/3 years ago. I hope it is as good as the series. I'm 26 and can remember watching them ages ago, when they show repeats now, I still find them funny. Mr Fibbles was on last week, brought back lots of fun memorys.

"Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast"

Scrapheap Challange rules.
and as my old man used to say, "don't tell your mum it was in the kitcken". beer

T.M
ive been watching them recently on uk tv gold/g2 messed one of them i still laugh it so funny

Reborn Again
It's $50 for a two set, usually season 1 & 2 (one set) and season 3 & 4 (another set)... seasons 5-8 + movie aren't out in Region 1 yet.

bobtheunfortu
Being Filmed in January 2005 in Astralia I think! Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

frodo34x
From the same episode:

Cat:Yea, but I've got a great ass.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.