does any1 like zelda?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

spider-venom
does anyone like the zelda series??

BlackMamBA
I love the zelda series and i cant wait for the new 1 to cum out in 05.

Linkalicious
Zelda is teh pwnage!!!111

Dr. Strangelove
Who doesn't?

Maverick2364
Is that even a question? Zelda pwns.

Robo-Chocobo
is this a trick question?

I especially like the wind waker.

ocarina of time was great I felt it really captured the series spirit very well, and majora's mask was even better. I enjoyed the humor presented in the ww, and the ocean was a neat aspect. I felt it was to short, they could have made sailing better(like giant storms that appeared and it became a big deal trying to get through one. it then could have been cool , like to use the periscope and see a storm brewing, and decide, i dont want to have to fight it, so you can take shelter some were.)

Dark_Psylocke
I love Zelda games, my favourite has got to be Ocarina of Time.

JKozzy
Is it so hard to spell "come" correctly? huh

Linkalicious
kinda makes that "nether region" tingle when you see that or soemthing there Kozz?

Linkalicious
kinda makes that "nether region" tingle when you see that or soemthing there Kozz?

Linkalicious

JKozzy
Oh, you bet stick out tongue

Did you have to post three times? huh

ragesRemorse
Zelda is awsome when you dont have to play as a child. I can't stand that crap

Red Superfly
Ocarina Of Time was definitely the best - in terms of story, style, and sheer size. The others were great too, with Wind Waker coming a close second.

I never cared for Majoras Mask. I still have it on my N64, but I only played through it once. It was nowhere near as "fun" as Ocarina - which I went through about ten times. Constantly going back in time and being "forced" to play the game really quickly meant the game didn't feel like you were exploring it. Ocarina and Wind Waker feel more exploration-friendly. Majora's Mask was like "go here NOW! do this HERE! HURRY UP OR YOU WILL LOSE EVERYTHING AND HAVE TO START AGAIN STUPID BOY!".

I hope the new Zelda brings back the fishing game from Ocarina - man that was a game in itself.

Robo-Chocobo
uh dude, you play as a child in every single game BUT OOT. your not an adult. the gameboy games arent adult link, snes isnt adult link. see a trend, the only adult link games are the new one shown this year at e3 with shigeru miyamoto holding a shield and master sword. and oot.

i liked bolth oot and the wind waker, they bolth are some of my fav games. I like oot, it was just so huge, and it took a long time to beat. it had a good story,told through the characters and events(unlike a cut scene), but I enjoyed the ww 's charm, the unique and hilarious graphics(the scene were hes launched from the catapult..priceless), and it's battle system was awsome, counter attacing, dodging, disarming ect., it's cool as ice story was ...cool as ice, and the ending of the game left endless possibilities for a direct sequel(or it did until e3 last may...who knows...maybe they'll go back to it)

Maverick2364
I beg to differ, Link's Awakening has Link all grown up, it's very clear during the cutscenes in the game and especually at the ending when he is on a floating piece of wood after the island vanishes and you see the windfish.

In A Link to the Past for GBA I agree he is young, but he still kicks asswink3

spider-venom
the new game is ganna kick some ass !!

( it better be longer then all the others and pretty hard to beat compltely and when you beat the game be ab le do stuff when your done like have side proiretys to deal with after you defeat ganna or whoever the villian is in this game)

i also heard there making a zelda game for the x-box

spider-venom
also does any1 like the 4 swors adventure for gc, ive played but i didnt think it was soo special ( y is does it look like it is for gameboy advance)??? was it transferred for gb to gc.... idk !?!?!?!?

can someone fill me in??

BlackHatDefect
Orcarina of Time was one of the most brilliant games ever made...and like one of the only good N64 games.

Ironman 66
the zelda series is awesome

el_barto
Great series thumb up

Stealth Agent

Robo-Chocobo
Hey, SHUT THE HECK UP!!!! HOW DARE YOU EVEN ATTACK HIM OVER SOMETHING SO RIDICULOUS. I applaude his effort to try to improve the quality of the thread. BY allowing incorrect spelling, and grammer to run rampant, you lower the quality of the thread. and how hard is it to actually spell a 4 letter word?

spider-venom
ok so ... what happened ???? when i came in here it said Stealth Agents post was removed and robo-chocobo made a post probaly for a good reason...so what did he say?

Robo-Chocobo
Originally posted by BlackMamBA
I love the zelda series and i cant wait for the new 1 to cum out in 05.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by JKozzy
Is it so hard to spell "come" correctly?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

well in a nut shell, stealth agen got really P!ssed by jkozzy's comment to black mamba on her bad spelling.(no offense), and he went all BEWD on his a$$. he called jkozzy a loser etc. this makes me really mad, I hate it when people think the anonimity of the internet makes them think they can say what ever they want...

Red Superfly
That's just plain wrong.

I still have my N64, and I still think it was the best console even with the PS2, XBox and Cube around.

You had Goldeneye, Pilotwings, Mario 64, Mario Kart, Zelda, Perfect Dark, Conkers Bad Fur Day, Banjo-Kazooie, Donkey Kong, Turok, Star Wars Rogue Squadron, Shadows Of The Empire, Jet Force Gemini, Star Fox, F-Zero X, Excitebike 64, Mortal Kombat 4, Blast Corps to name a few.

Not to mention it had WWF No Mercy - which is still the best wrestling game TO THIS DAY.

When you look at the quality and innovation of what the N64 did for gaming (it took multi-player gaming to the next level with Goldeneye and Mario Kart - I still play those two today) - you can see why I think that the current consoles of today have to do a lot more in order to impress me.

The N64's library of awesome titles set the bar that no-one has topped.

Shame the console wasn't as big as the PlayStation. I had both and I never understood why the N64 wasn't as popular, until I came to the conclusion that people were stupid sheep.

Robo-Chocobo
DANG YOU!!! I WAS GONNA QUOTE THAT EXACT SECTION YOU DID!!!!

How anyone can say, it was one of the few good games on a system is beyond me, they should be shot. It's like saying Halo is the only good game on the x-box...well your wrong...they have halo 2 big grin D: :P. no seriously they have lots of good stuff, its also like saying the ps2's best games are...what are those again?(jk i have a ps2...it's library..is how oyu say...limited)

I really enjoyed the n64, golden eye was great, if only ruined by its terrible fog(a develeper trick). perfect dark was great as a evolvelution of golden eye, but the frame rate sucked B^$&&^%&$*.

mario was great, and i always worked to get to the roof., I really enjoyed the later games for the system. I thought majora's mask was great, it was so unique and different. I also enjoyed OOT, i thought it was a little to easy, the worst temple I ever had to go through was the water temple..*shudder* and jabu jabu's belly. i liked harvest moon for the n64 despite the badtranslation and sglitches and spotty graphics. like the ellies granny trick, and the wellcome home.

and diddy kong racing was a great game.

Red Superfly
The n64 had some of the best console-specific games ever, and of a high quality and quality.

Can you truly say this about the PS2? I own one, and I can't. A lot of PS2 games, a lot of GREAT PS2 games, appear on the other consoles too.

The N64 always had those shockingly good exclusive games. They were the sort of games that revolutionised gaming. Without Goldeneye, it's safe to say Timesplitters would never exist, and Halo would be about half as good, and no where near as reverred.

Even today, 3D platformers that try and better Mario 64, still can't do it. The likes of Jak and Daxter and co don't even come close. No game yet has managed to provide such a care free environment like Mario - mainly because no other game has managed to better Mario 64's 3D camera - not even Mario Sunshine.

Robo-Chocobo
? but I HATED THAT TERRIBLE CAMERA!!!

it always got in the way in corridors, and in small nooks.

mario sunshine is AWSOME. its like mario 64. ver 2.0.

much better. it even had a real plot.

I thought jak and daxter was okay, hard, and pretty short.

jak 2 was awsome, and all the different missions, humor, and lenght made it a good game. if anything, the city wasnt tat interesting to play in.

rachet and clank...let the chaos begin hehehe. i liked the series. first game rachet was a jerk, now hes not.

Sith Master X
Zelda is my all time favorite video game series. Ocarina of Time has been my favorite thus with The Wind Waker as a very very strong second. The only reason why I like OOT better was because the story was absouletly incredible. But the gameplay in TWW was amazing. Majora's mask was great as well, but I didn't care much for the three day time limit thing.

Rhino
i dont like old games, even if they "were" good

Red Superfly
Learn some respect.

Without those "old" games, you wouldn't have your graphically amazing but shite and short games of today.

*slap*

Dark_Psylocke
Besides, graphics don't make a game good. It's gameplay, story, what makes you like it.

Agent Elrond
I own all the Zelda games, expect the Adventure of Link and 4 Swords. The best, as said, is OoT, the worse, LA. WW was good, the graphics were bad. I didn't like the cell-shade animation and the charater designs. MM was OK, it lacked a deep storyline and the main gameplay was short (only a 4/5 dungens I think), but it has many, many side quests. The Oracle games was a cool idea. I haven't played too much of LoZ and I'm stuck on AttP, which is alright.

JediHDM
I have a question: Who DOESN'T like Zelda?!?!

My favs would be either Ocarina of time or Link to the Past...those are still two of my all time favorite games...Especially a Link to the Past...for the SNES, to have 11 bosses and tons of content, that was the game!! I LOVE the graphics on the upcoming GC Legend of Zelda...they are the graphics they shoulda used with WindWaker. The first time i saw Windwaker, i was like, what the Heck?! the E3 graphics were phenomenal, and then they switch to cell-shading?!?! what are they trying to do, ruin Zelda?

anyway, i <3 Zelda... love

Silver Stardust
*points to signature*

I LOVE the Zelda games. I played the very first one for NES when I was a whole three years old. OoT is probably my all-time fave, I've played through it completely at least 5 times, and am currently replaying it again yes I haven't played WW yet (due to the fact that I don't have a Gamecube), though...the graphics for the upcoming one look GREAT, I can't wait for that one. I'll buy a GC just for it. Plain and simple, Zelda is great big grin

ScarFace Clone
Zelda for the n-64 was a very good one, i liked the story and i like long games like that, but wind dancers or what ever it was called made the Zelda series look bad.

Agent Elrond
the old games are the orginals; they're unque. Most of the modern games are based of the old ones (in various ways) I don't have many classics, but they are enjoyable

@Jedi
there is one person, my brother, but he's an ignorant pr!ck who couldn't name a single classic game. he says it's gay and it's for little kids. I'm 17 and I love it. I'm sure there are older ppl who like it. Of course, he says that for every game I like. I'm still trying to figure out how he connects gayness with WC3.

JLRTENJAC
Originally posted by Robo-Chocobo
uh dude, you play as a child in every single game BUT OOT. your not an adult. the gameboy games arent adult link, snes isnt adult link. see a trend, the only adult link games are the new one shown this year at e3 with shigeru miyamoto holding a shield and master sword. and oot.

i liked bolth oot and the wind waker, they bolth are some of my fav games. I like oot, it was just so huge, and it took a long time to beat. it had a good story,told through the characters and events(unlike a cut scene), but I enjoyed the ww 's charm, the unique and hilarious graphics(the scene were hes launched from the catapult..priceless), and it's battle system was awsome, counter attacing, dodging, disarming ect., it's cool as ice story was ...cool as ice, and the ending of the game left endless possibilities for a direct sequel(or it did until e3 last may...who knows...maybe they'll go back to it)

Not true:
Child= 1-12
Teen= 13- 15
Adult= 16+

Tloz: Child
Aol: Adult
Alttp: Child
La: Unshure my guess is teen.
Oot: Child and Adult
MM: Child
OOA and OOS: Teen
WW: Child
FS: Child
FSA: Child
MC: Child
TP: Adult

How I know:
TLOZ: Impa discoveres a child that can help save Zelda.
AOL: takes place years after TLOZ
ALTTP: in the beginning of the game the guards talk to you as a child.
LA: has photos of you looking like a child... but cut-scenes have you looking like a teenager.
OOT: Well DUH!
MM: Well DUH!
OOA and OOS: The scene at the begining makes link look like a teen.
WW: Well DUH!
FS \ FSA: Well unshure exept the look of link through the game.
MC: The pictures through out the game.
TP: Well DUH!

Blue Dragon
Kill alllllll people who don't like it (like 04wayne!) DIE! It's okay, he's a real mate of mine, he says it's rubbish! But Zelda's so great! Favourite games ever!

Darth JLRTENJAC
Originally posted by Blue Dragon
Kill alllllll people who don't like it (like 04wayne!) DIE! It's okay, he's a real mate of mine, he says it's rubbish! But Zelda's so great! Favourite games ever!

I have murdered 3 people for bashing Zelda! evil face

Not really... no expression

Blue Dragon
Cool! Yeah not really, so that's good. smile

shewolf34
All you must be kids or at least teens.....I have been playing Zelda since it first came out in the 80's. I remember getting the original Nintendo so that me, my brother and my dad could play Zelda and Mario. I still have the original games and the original Nintendo for my kids to play. They do however play the game cube,ps2 and xbox also. But Nintendo will always rule the school.

Blue Dragon
I am 17 in one month & truely love Zelda games! Who says they are just for kids? Anything is for any age, plus the next game is a 12 rated (which is going to be awsome I tell you!)

Other teenagers my age play Zelda too. I have t-shirts (one's ruined though so now one shirt), little figures, stories/comics off the internet & I am joined to a Zelda forum!
It's great!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.