Final fantasy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

zoneofbologna
was i the olny person who realized how final fantasy X was like way better that x-2.
i loved the game and all but i really got more into number 10 waaaaaaaaay more

Silver Stardust
...there's about 20 other FF threads, couldn't you have just found one of those and posted in there?

chops
yes so did i 10 was way better than 10-2

TrAnCeDuO
shut up both of you...

star_scar_child
yea really...neither of them was that good anyway

Robo-Chocobo
Not really. I found X-2's battle system to be much more refreshing and a much needed breath of fresh air from 10's some what heresy(plus, I CAN ONLY WATCH THAT GAD DAMNED OPENING CINEMATIC SO MANY FRICKIN TIMES!!!!).

BackFire
I've loved the FF games since I was a kid. I got into them with FF2 for the Super Nintendo, then when I played FF3(6) when I was about 12...I knew that this series would go far. It was teh best game I had ever played, it amazed me how poigniant and absorbing that game was. I played through it a number of times, and never got bored with it, the characters, the story, they were all perfect. It's still what I consider the best game ever made.

The PS FF games were also damn good, I loved FF7, I enjoyed FF8 but it was probably the weakest game in the whole series, and I thought FF9 was the most under rated FF game ever released. I thought it was just as good, if not better then FF7.

FFX was also very good, I'm playing through it again at the moment, it's better then I remember. I do miss being able to walk around on the world map though. FFX-2 has a great battle system, but is overall pretty weak. FFXI was a great MMOG, I had a blast playing it.

Now comes FF12, and from what I've seen I have mixed feelings about it. It's made by the guy who made FF:tactics, a great game, but the characters look really lousy. And I think this may be the worst FF game to ever come out.

zoneofbologna
well i thought the ff x-2 battle system was way better but story-wise i just think 10 was over all superior Happy Dance

JKozzy
I'm also having low expectations on FFXII... but we'll see what happens. Hopefully something will click, but from what I can tell, I haven't heard any appealing storyline. When I saw the Japanese trailer for FFX, I almost shat myself. When I saw it for FFXII... it was like.. that's it?

zoneofbologna
The characters final fantasy XII do not look as intresting or creative as the ones in final fantasy X. Well in my opinion at least.
Oh and in x-2, they made the characters look a bit TOO revieling. Are they tryin to make you consentrate more on Y.R.P then the game and gameplay?

JKozzy
Yes droolio

Elektra_lover
The character of Vaan in FFXII looks like a cheap rip off of Tidus.

TrAnCeDuO
and a femme boy at that..

Elektra_lover
Yeah I was gonna say that but didn't wanna offend neone

TrAnCeDuO
i dont see anything wrong with saying that...i just hate em because soon well hear girls say "OMG HE IS SOOOOO BISHY!!!!111kekekekekeke!"

Silver Stardust
Vaan is a femme-boy...no point getting around it.

FFX is my favorite by far yes I've played through it 3 times. I had a lot of fun in FFX-2, even though the story was kinda weak...the storyline doesn't even come up until nearly halfway through, WTF is up with that? But I had a lot of fun with the battle system and the class-changes yes I liked FFVIII a lot...the first FF game I actually beat. I have FFIX but never got around to beating it because battles took too long. I'm right now playing FFTactics Advance.

JKozzy
I suggest you get FFVII yes

Silver Stardust
Yeah, I know you do, you say that practically everytime we talk stick out tongue

SaTsuJiN
ugh... these FF threads are getting like Johnny depp threads

Lord Ryugen
Gotta say that I enjoyed X-2 more than X, although that may have a lot to do with my complete and utter hatred of Tidus, at least on X-2 you got to kick his doubles ass.

BackFire
First, get the FF anthologies games for the PS1, with FF6 on it. Then get FF7, you have not played a true FF game untill you've played either of those.

Silver Stardust
So I've been told...I've been having a very hard time finding a copy of FFVII, none of my friends that have it want to lend it out and I can never find a copy even though I go to Gamestop and EB Games all the time. The few times they DID have a copy there I didn't have any money on me messed

unknownrocker
FFX is the best in the series

TrAnCeDuO
i highly doubt that...

zoneofbologna
Well I gotta say that I think it is REALLY cool that you can get different endings but other than that.........

zoneofbologna
one eye one eye one eye one eye

Lord Ryugen
The best FFs are in my opinion
VII (the absoulte best)
VI
VIII
X2
V
IX
X(Stank worse than the pants I've been wearing for over four months now)

I haven't played the others despite trying like hell to find them

SaTsuJiN
Me and my friend pretty much hate japanese RPGs (with the exception of Legend of Zelda series)

Silver Stardust
...how can you find X-2 to be better than X? confused

JKozzy
Seriously... no expression

Lord Ryugen
Simple I despise the entire cast of X. I'm not saying the game itself was a bad concept but with the slight exception of Auron, Lulu and Khimari who almost never spoke, I hated everyone. At least with X2 Yuna and Rikku were more entertaning, you almost never had to see Wakka and you could kick the shit out of the Tidus clone.

SaTsuJiN
I hated that it was in english.. I would have preferred japanese speaking with subtitles in english.. especially when those yutzes started to sing the hymn of the fayth with really bad pronunciation.. my face was turning red...

Linkalicious
what FF games are out on PC?

I want to get one next week when i get paid...

zoneofbologna
i heard of X and VIII being out
but thats all i really know about

zoneofbologna
Oh and Jkozzy,
when is advent children supposed to come out in america.
or has it already? What the f**k?

SaTsuJiN
VII is on PC also.. along with VIII.. I dont know about the others though.. IX is prolly on pc....

Elektra_lover
I loved the character of Lenne so much

Silver Stardust
Actually, Auron and Lulu did speak quite a bit...yes, I agree that with the exceptions of Auron, Lulu, and Rikku, the English voice actors were crap for FFX. But it still was much better than X-2.

Me too yes With the exception of Lulu, she's my favorite FF character. Too bad she wasn't in the game more...being as she's central to the storyline of FFX-2 you'd think she'd be in it a bit more!

Elektra_lover
Well if you did the 100% you saw more of her. She was so awsome I wish I knew more about her and Shuyin.

Darth Surgent
Final Fantasy VII...... Play it....... NOW

...And if you think "now" means "as soon as possible", you're dead wrong.

Don't make excuses. If it's 4 a.m. and you don't have money or a car- step 1: drink coffee, step 2: hitchhike, step 3: shoplift. It's as simple as that... and you'll thank me.

JKozzy
VII and VIII are out for PC. They were going to bring out IX, but I think they halted production a few years ago for whatever reason. X is not and will not be for PC, for awhile, if ever.

JKozzy
Tentative release date is February 14th, 2005

Lord Ryugen
Couldn't of said it better myself. big grin

Silver Stardust
laughing out loud

But what if no stores around you have a copy of FFVII?

Darth Surgent
Hitchhike further or highjack an airplane.

JKozzy
Just don't steal it from me ninja

shamankingfan
HEy is anyone here

Silver Stardust
Damn, there goes my plans...cry

zoneofbologna
i dont wanna wait that long for advent children no
mad whistle

Lord Ryugen
You know I've still not heard anything on when it's coming out

cool23
I like final fantasy 10-2 better than final fantasy 10.

But other people like final fantasy 10 better than 10-2.

Phoenix Aska
Final Fantasy advent children is supposed to come out sometime this winter like in November..

SaTsuJiN
advent is coming febuary 2005 for USA and prolly this winter for japan.. if not sooner

Yuna33
the bastuds!

Phoenix Aska
Really??? I swear I heard that we get it sometime this fall...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.